No announcement yet.

Breaking a lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I broke a lease from failure to maintain the property in a reasonable time period, but this was in Denver. So, look at the laws of renting in Texas and see if they're not holding up on their end. Document everything like mentioned before. I only went as high as the Property Manager once she saw the state law and all the documents we had.

Or, get that guy or chic on the TV to give them hell! I think they're both on different news stations.

Comment

What if the apartment underneath you suddenly burst into flames, after you conveniently moved your stuff out in advance, you know.... just to be ready to move into your next place.... then you could claim your place is unlivable, due to "the smell of smoke" and this time they'd listen, and let you out of your lease.

Comment

You do not need 20% down. You get mortgage insurance which is like another $120 a month.

1850 is rediculous. I guarantee the tenants below you are section 8 housing paying $650 a month for their 2 bedroom.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteMach1 View Post
          hope you at least have your own garage for all this
          2 car

Originally posted by Blandnuts View Post
          I broke a lease from failure to maintain the property in a reasonable time period, but this was in Denver.
          Might be my best bet, I think were going to wait another 2-3 days before making a decision.

Originally posted by 4king View Post
          You do not need 20% down. You get mortgage insurance which is like another $120 a month.
          I've already been through the process, my bank wont give me a loan unless I put down 20%, the company they use for approving insurance requires the same standards the big two require, which is 2 years solvency for self-employed. They arent section 8, they are just trashy.

Originally posted by Denny
          Cruz, do you work from home?
          yes

Comment

1850 month will get you a nice house. GTFO apts

Comment

I couldn't go back to an apartment, for precisely this reason. Is there a particular reason that you didn't want to find a house to rent instead? There are plenty of decent places available for that kind of monthly payment.

Comment

Oh my bad didn't know you were self employed that makes everything more difficult.

Comment

My girlfriend at the time got police reports that had happened at the apartment complex we were in and she was the only one one the lease. She used those reports and the argument of her safety to break a lease without issues.

Comment

I like living in the hood because no matter how bad someone wants to call the cops and no matter what happens, they just won't unless someone died or is about to be.
                    sigpic

Comment

You pay $1800 a month for a POS ghetto apartment???lmao,buy a fucking house...Duddy of mine just bought a $280k house that 10 years old (3100sqft house with a 2500sqft shop on 1 acre of land)and his payment is just above $1800, and no worthless mother fuckers to deal with either.

Comment

$1,850 a month damn my mortage is way less. and I have a nice house in rowlett

Comment

Your local bank should let you do a FHA loan, which is 3.5 down, and no, you shouldnt have to prove your income after 2 years. I had less than 2 years at last company before i got my house.

And a mortgage should be cheaper, but you will also need to factor in saving for taxes, homeowners insurance as well. But it definitely is nicer actually contributing back to some equity.

As far as your apartment complex, my fiance got out of her lease by complaining about smoke. The previous renter had a pet and was a smoker, something that was supposed to be cleaned out, and the entire apartment repainted with new carpet as policy with any pets (carpet) and smoking (paint) , and they didnt do it so she used that as leverage to break the lease.

Comment

I am amazed by the amount of people who haven't read the thread, and keep posting irrelevant shit.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              I am amazed by the amount of people who haven't read the thread, and keep posting irrelevant shit.
                              x2
                              QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                                Thank you. I was going to say something long winded but didnt want to keep it going, was hoping it'd just die.

I am going to walk around the property and take a picture of every violation I see and start keeping track. For the first time in a week, my place doesnt smell like weed, so maybe they moved out. However if the next tenant is shit, then I want to have evidence to get it rolling.

Comment

Working...
                                X