Dallas officer kills man after mistaking his apartment for her own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
    Bolding with no context? I'm pasting the law from the Texas Penal Code.....
    And not coming anywhere close to explaining why you as a cop think she isnt guilty of that when it defines exactly what she did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
      And not coming anywhere close to explaining why you as a cop think she isnt guilty of that when it defines exactly what she did.
      Not quite sure what you're getting at. I've stated my position very clearly. Legally, I don't think it meets the definition of "Manslaughter" "Criminally Negligent Homicide" or "Murder". The pure reason why is because as I posted, the Culpable Mental State did not meet the definition of "Reckless".

Personally, I think it completely sucks because someone lost their life over something that shouldn't have happened. She should be punished but there isn't a crime that she will be punished for simply because of how the laws are worded and their definition.

Comment

• No amount of reasoning here will make you see this honestly or logically.

This is why people are protesting...

Comment

No amount of reasoning here will make you see this honestly or logically.

This is why people are protesting...
          You are correct, however, you should be saying that to yourself. People are protesting because they usually aren't educated in why people are/aren't convicted. They should work more on getting laws changed and less on protesting if it isn't swaying the lawmakers in their favor.

You are upset because the law doesn't say what you want it to say and because of that you think I'm the bad guy. I'm looking at it from a legal point of view not with my emotions like you are. People are convicted because of laws not emotions.

Also since you either aren't comprehending or you don't care, I do not agree with the fact that I think she will end up walking free because I do feel she should be punished. But in my opinion it is the correct choice based on my interpretation of the law.

Comment

• So this is going to confuse some people....but when there is a car accident and someone gets killed...do we automatically punish the other driver because someone died even if they didn't break any law? IT WAS A GODDAMN ACCIDENT. Accident means it wasn't meant to happen. There was no intent. It was a terrible accident. That has been established repeatedly..over and over. What was the crime? It was a damn accident. Simple as that. This same scenario could have happened to any of the people living in that complex as several witnesses have stated that some of the locks didn't work right, many of them have accidentally parked on the wrong floor, gotten off the elevator on the wrong floor. It was a perfect storm. It was NOT murder.

Comment

• Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
              So this is going to confuse some people....but when there is a car accident and someone gets killed...do we automatically punish the other driver because someone died even if they didn't break any law? IT WAS A GODDAMN ACCIDENT. Accident means it wasn't meant to happen. There was no intent. It was a terrible accident. That has been established repeatedly..over and over. What was the crime? It was a damn accident. Simple as that. This same scenario could have happened to any of the people living in that complex as several witnesses have stated that some of the locks didn't work right, many of them have accidentally parked on the wrong floor, gotten off the elevator on the wrong floor. It was a perfect storm. It was NOT murder.
              You do realize people are charged with manslaughter in car crashes all the time right?

And its fascinating that you can compare an auto accident with going into someone else's home and shooting them.

Comment

You do realize people are charged with manslaughter in car crashes all the time right?

And its fascinating that you can compare an auto accident with going into someone else's home and shooting them.
                Yes she did but it wasn't intentional and she thought she was in her own home. A terrible accident, but doesn't meet the charge of murder.

Comment

You are correct, however, you should be saying that to yourself. People are protesting because they usually aren't educated in why people are/aren't convicted. They should work more on getting laws changed and less on protesting if it isn't swaying the lawmakers in their favor.

You are upset because the law doesn't say what you want it to say and because of that you think I'm the bad guy. I'm looking at it from a legal point of view not with my emotions like you are. People are convicted because of laws not emotions.

Also since you either aren't comprehending or you don't care, I do not agree with the fact that I think she will end up walking free because I do feel she should be punished. But in my opinion it is the correct choice based on my interpretation of the law.
                  Don't argue with him, it's pointless. You've already stated you're not an LEO anymore and hes still making a reference to that and like you said, pointing his finger at you for posting facts, what a dope...
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                    Don't argue with him, it's pointless. You've already stated you're not an LEO anymore and hes still making a reference to that and like you said, pointing his finger at you for posting facts, what a dope...
                    Truth

Comment

Yeah, and don't take it personally. Ruff can't get an erection if he hasn't had an argument in the last 4 hours. He must have a hot date tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                        Yes she did but it wasn't intentional and she thought she was in her own home. A terrible accident, but doesn't meet the charge of murder.
                        A truck driver who fell asleep at the wheel crashed into a bus or house or something and killed 14 people a year or two ago. He just received a life sentence without parole for an accident. There were no extenuating circumstances like drug or alcohol use, he just fell asleep.
                        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                          A truck driver who fell asleep at the wheel crashed into a bus or house or something and killed 14 people a year or two ago. He just received a life sentence without parole for an accident. There were no extenuating circumstances like drug or alcohol use, he just fell asleep.
                          Link? What did his log book say?

Comment

Link? What did his log book say?
                            Oh I'm sure he'd been running well outside of his legal hours.

Comment

This...no point in arguing when I'm clearly right.

When the definition he posted of manslaughter matches her actions exactly...only a cop can find a way to ignore the facts.

How does the saying go...once a cop...? What was that last part.

Comment

This...no point in arguing when I'm clearly right.

When the definition he posted of manslaughter matches her actions exactly...only a cop can find a way to ignore the facts.

How does the saying go...once a cop...? What was that last part.
                                I bet you're really fun at parties.
                                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                                X