Texas Thaw, March 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Thaw, March 5

This post isn't intended to start a GTG, but more of a heads up to an upcoming event. I plan on going, but don't know if I'll be watching or spectating.

http://texasthaw.vpweb.com/

Texas Thaw # 9

Friday night & Saturday
    March 4 & 5 2016

North Star Dragway - Denton, TX

GET READY TO RACE!!!!! The Texas Thaw # 9

March 4 & 5 2016. GATES OPEN AT 8:00 AM, Saturday Morning. Friday night Test & Tune 6:00

See you there
    Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Bringing the family out there tomorrow.

....don't wear that leather outfit!

Comment

Got my car as ready as it will ever be, and should be out there by 9:00ish.

Comment

After a rough start to the day involving an emergency tune up and battery swap performed in a Dairy Queen parking lot, turned out to be a pretty good day. I went with the intention of making a pass or two, then parking the car and watching the faster cars run. Somehow I kept winning, so I kept going back for the next round, ended up winning my class, and took home a trophy. Not a bad day.

Comment

Awesome!
            2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Kickass. What kind of times?

Comment

Nothing to brag about, 8.71 @ 81.5, was the best, worst was an 8.9.

I call it a win by default, most of the other cars in the street class had their skinny white walls on, so they couldn't give it the beans.

Comment

a win is a win is a win.

Comment

What car cool cat? I think we ended up leaving around 4. I've never been to that track, but it was a good show. I want to see how the test and tune nights are...

Comment

the rice killer event is thursday march 17. its not terrible if you have a street car, but its pretty much hot lapping.

Comment

Originally posted by Blandnuts View Post
                        What car cool cat? I think we ended up leaving around 4. I've never been to that track, but it was a good show. I want to see how the test and tune nights are...
                        Orange 68 Cougar, Homealone was out there in his 62 Ford Wagon too. His new motor isn't quite dialed in so it wasn't running as good as it could of. I also saw Danny and Vern in their really sharp Cadillac. It was a big turn out, I couldn't even find a place to park on the pit side. We ended up parking in the corner just outside of the staging lanes, until space opened up closer to the track.

Last edited by cool cat; 03-07-2016, 07:52 AM.

Comment

That's awesome man! I snoozed on this one and missed out. Sounds like a fun event.

Comment

Cool car. I'm pretty sure we saw yours during the lunch break. I was actually pointing it out to my son telling him my dad used to have a yellow one like that.

Comment

Awesome. We split around 1:30 so I only saw your first pass (the 8.9 against Kevin). I actually have the pass on my camera. I can upload it if you want to see it.
                              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Working...
                              X