Anyone cryptocurrency mine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone cryptocurrency mine?

Have the opportunity to pick up a huge system from a friend getting out of it, with what he makes per day now would equate to about a 5 month payout. Just sounds like multiple jets taking off at once....but i have an air conditioned sunroom could put it in.

Just curious if anyone ever has or still does this, and if so what currency do you do?
    Last edited by Tx Redneck; 11-03-2017, 10:40 AM. Reason: Fixt teh capitalized N in Anyone in the title. :/

I was for a bit on a single gpu. From what I'm seeing, the bubble is or is about to burst and ppl are unloading mining hardware like the plague while they can still get some money for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
      I was for a bit on a single gpu. From what I'm seeing, the bubble is or is about to burst and ppl are unloading mining hardware like the plague while they can still get some money for it.
      The most recent bubble, yes. About three months ago, people were snapping up any GPU cards they could get their hands on, which in-turn drove the prices up like crazy. Now they are starting to unload them, and in about a month, there will be a glut of used cards on the market, driving cards back down.

Comment

Yea that is why I think it may not be a bad deal. He is unloading it cheap, if it just sits there and mind BTC it will pay for itself in 5 months..then unload the hardware when next shortage comes for next crypto.

There are so many of them now was curious if any one had pros or cons of mining something other than bitcoin.

What single setup did you have and how much $ was made?

Comment

I was using a reference, RX480 and made 81 cents in 3 weeks at about 12hrs a day. For me, the heat generation and crashing the pc due to driver instability, weren't worth it. If it wasn't on my only pc that used for work and everything else I do, I might do it again.

I was mining regular bitcoin, not ehterium(sp) that just tanked.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
            I was using a reference, RX480 and made 81 cents in 3 weeks at about 12hrs a day. For me, the heat generation and crashing the pc due to driver instability, weren't worth it. If it wasn't on my only pc that used for work and everything else I do, I might do it again.

I was mining regular bitcoin, not ehterium(sp) that just tanked.
            Yeah. There are a lot of considerations to make when it comes to mining, not the least of which is how much you are paying for electricity. You absolutely spent more on electricity running the card full-bore for 12 hours than the 81 cents you made.

Comment

Originally posted by zachary View Post
              Have the opportunity to pick up a huge system from a friend getting out of it, with what he makes per day now would equate to about a 5 month payout. Just sounds like multiple jets taking off at once....but i have an air conditioned sunroom could put it in.

Just curious if anyone ever has or still does this, and if so what currency do you do?
              Dont do it, the difficulty is always getting harder. You would be better set spending the money on the currency instead of the hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
                Dont do it, the difficulty is always getting harder. You would be better set spending the money on the currency instead of the hardware.
                This. Been doing a lot of reading on it, and your hardware is basically outdated for mining after 6-8 months. You're constantly upgrading just to keep up. To make enough money mining to equate to working a minimum wage job all month, you need a dedicated building with good cooling and wired up for a larger power draw. Which then kills the profits.

I've decided to just let other people mine, and invest/trade the coins instead. There are huge mining companies now, in china and other places where electricity is cheap. They've got thousands of those expensive mining machines, and they are the ones that have raised the difficulty way up.

Just put something like $500 into 5 different cheap currencies, and wait a few years. This market is only going to see more and more money coming into it in the next 5 years. But pick coins with a future, not scamcoins or shitcoins. Pick ones that solve a problem, and that have a good idea and a good dev team. I've been doing a lot of researching lately, and I've invested in the following:

Reddcoin (not connected in any way to reddit, and not to be confused with redcoin) This one seeks to put a little button on all existing social media platforms. Facebook, youtube, instagram, blogs... even forums like this one. If someone helps you out, you can hit the button and send them a little bit of reddcoin if you want. Or, you can offer up reddcoin to someone just to help you out with something. You can send 'em however much you desire. Helps content creators get paid for their efforts.

Coval (AKA Circuits of Value) Aims to give indie musicians a way to get their stuff out there and receive some form of payment for their music, in the form of the Coval coin)

Safe Exchange coin - I really like this one. Untraceable marketplace. Its nobodys business who buys and sells what. I can see this one being a good one for firearms exchange. And helping to protect our rights to privacy when trading guns.

Siacoin - Seeks to compete with Google drive and other such cloud services. But it will use participants unused hard drive space instead. Encrypted and spread across 20 different hard drives, so nobody can hack it and nobody could ever see your data cause they'd only have a small piece of the puzzle. They'd never be able to assemble it to view it. I haven't fully checked into all the pricing, but it seems that Sia wants to offer the same data storage service that google offers for $400, for $4.

Basic Attention Token
                - Has already created the Brave web browser, which you can download on PC and android. It clamps down on ads, and only sends you ones that you've selected or have displayed an interest in. Then when you click on an ad, you get paid Basic Attention Tokens for doing so. Your ad data can't be sold off to the highest bidder anymore. Its encrypted and nobody knows who you are or what ads you clicked.

They all appear to have a future, and are not simply one of the vast supply of useless coins that do nothing.
                Last edited by Gasser64; 07-25-2017, 04:33 PM.
                WH

Comment

Great info. Studying blockchain at the moment. Keep it coming!
                  Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                  There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Cryptocurrency miners are renting entire Boeing 747s just to stay in the game

Jul. 31, 2017, 2:31 AM

In a mining boom, buy the shovels.

It’s one of the oldest investing axioms, and anyone with shares in chipmakers AMD and Nvidia are reaping the rewards right now. As the price of Bitcoin and Ethereum explodes, cryptocurrency miners are in a race to beat each other to the riches, and graphics processors are the tools they need.

They’re now in such short supply, one miner, Marco Streng, chief executive of Genesis Mining, made this extraordinary admission to Quartz:
                    "We are renting entire airplanes, Boeing 747s, to ship on time. Anything else, like shipping by sea, loses so much opportunity."

Entire airplanes.

That echoes the rush, sparked by Bitcoin’s price rise in late 2013, for $10,000 mining rigs that would now be on the scrapheap, worthless up against today’s machines. But there’s a lot more at stake now. Ethereum, while trading at $240 compared to Bitcoin’s $3,400, is more readily available. As much as 36,000 units a day can be mined ($8.6 million), and at one stage in June, the price hit $400.

But even as the price of Ethereum rises, the hardware and power supply costs remain relatively stable. So demand for processing units is soaring, and time, for miners, is money. Lots of money. "You risk the opportunity to mine for the days you are delayed," Streng told Quartz. "If you are deploying 10 days later, you are losing 10 days of mining — that is the cost."

Both AMD and Nvidia feature as stocks millennials invest most heavily in on Robinhood, the app that lets you trade stocks without paying fees. For AMD, the rush to mine Ethereum has provided an unexpected boon. "Relative to cryptocurrency, we have seen some elevated demand," CEO Lisa Su said in the company’s earnings call following another beat last week. "But it’s important to say we didn’t have cryptocurrency in our forecast, and we’re not looking at it as a long-term growth driver. "But we’ll certainly continue to watch the developments around the blockchain technologies as they go forward."
                    'We are renting entire airplanes, Boeing 747s, to ship on time. Anything else, like shipping by sea, loses so much opportunity.'

Comment

Had someone bought SEC like gasser said a few days ago they would have had a 150% return haha.

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                        Had someone bought SEC like gasser said a few days ago they would have had a 150% return haha.
                        I'm real damn happy with my SEC right about now.

Even now, I'd advise you guys get in. You might wait for something of a drop, but that project IS going a lot further than this. I won't get into any of the moral debate about it, but its a silkroad that won't be possible to shut down. If you guys remember that thing. The ceo guy advises against selling drugs on it, and likes to talk a lot more about the privacy and security aspects for buyers and sellers. Hackers and identity thieves need not waste their time. He also appears to be a great marketer. Don't know what it is at this exact minute but it was at 2.5 cents earlier.

Imo its going to 10 cents in the short term. That being 1-4 months. Mid term, say a year from now, maybe a year and a half: Conservatively I'd say it will hit $0.40 or $0.50. But I think that in the end, when all is said and done and the safeX marketplace is well established and has been around for a while, it will hit $1.00.

As for Coval and Reddcoin and the others I listed, I'd only put in about $100. Gonna be longer before those take off.
                        Last edited by Gasser64; 08-05-2017, 11:05 PM.
                        WH

Comment

They also pay interest to the safex holders. You'll get a portion of the transaction fees that happen on the marketplace. Something like dividends I guess.

Buy crypto easily with with Changelly - https://changelly.com?ref_id=e7a18ea0d76bManage your crypto safely with a Ledger Nano S (Offline cold wallet)https://...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                          WH

Comment

Ok, stupid question. How d o I invest in these?
                            Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                            There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Move money from your bank account to here: (by buying bitcoin from them)

https://www.itbit.com/ - Based in New York

You will then have to move your bitcoin from that site, to an exchange. I'd recommend this one, its more newb friendly. Its the one I'm using for now:

Once your bitcoin is there, you'll have to search for SEC (Safe Exchange Coin) and go from there. In my experiences, these exchanges aren't really all that intuitive. Once you understand how to buy/sell, it seems pretty easy but you'll probably have to watch a few youtube vids to figure out exactly how to do it.

- BUY, SELL or TRADE BITCOIN, ETHEREUM & CRYPTO here:https://www.binance.com/en/markets?ref=26293598- AUTOMATED TRADING - GROW your Crypto:https://go.eazybot...

It will take 7 days to get your money from the bank, to the first site where you buy bitcoin. That's the way it is everywhere. Then less than 1 day to get it from there to the exchange. But that's a good thing if you're looking at safex, because I wouldn't buy in right now. Wait for it to stabilize, or see a dip. I doubt it will ever return to 250 sats where it hovered for a good while, but after a week it should go down to a more reasonable price point. You definitely don't want to buy it right now when its so high.

Unless, it never goes back down. If a couple weeks goes by and its still hovering around where it is now, I'd go ahead and buy in cause its probably not going back down. But imo, it is going up from where its at now. Eventually. And now this:

And this:

WH

Comment

Working...
                              X