Rethink your EDC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
    I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, and my mini shells should be here this weekend. Definitely going to out this weekend and fuck shit up.

Just check the PSA daily deal emails, about a week ago, they hit 299, and I sent Marty an email, and he ordered one that day.

The 20 gauge is now shipping. I think I might pickup one of those as well when they hit at a decent price. (PSA has the 20 gauge for 379 today and 399 for the 12)
    Marty?
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Marty is Matt's hetero life partner

Comment

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
        aren't those illegal in texas?
        They are legal. I have a Mossberg 500 that has the ability to use a normal stock or a pistol grip.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
          I have been rethinking my daily carry some myself.

Typically I carry a Khar single stack 9mm with 7rd mag and one in the camber and an additional 7rd in my pocket. Having lost weight, I have tried carrying a XD9 with a 10rd mag and one in the chamber and an additional 16rd. Last trip home it wasn't as comfortable but I have since lost more weight.

A vehicle loadout now that I have an SUV has been on my mind more. I think a cheap but reliable AR with simple red dot and small bag of magazines will find its way into a compartment.

But so will a large first aid kit augmented with plenty of "stop the bleeding" items and tourniquets.

I have also thought about picking up a Mossberg Shockwave now that they are legal for purchase in Texas. Keep it back there too.

That church tragedy is actually a massive fear of mine. I ALWAYS carry at church for that exact reason. Now I think my wife gets it.
          This is something that I have been needing to stock up on. When I relieved myself of 1/3 of the tip of my ring finger on my right hand, a friend stopped the bleeding with a "clotting cloth", which saved me a trip to the hospital. Honestly, I need to build a good first aid kit for the house and for trips, as well as a couple of small ones for each vehicle.

I've always shied away from carrying my XD40 SC, simply due to the size and weight. Hell, I have a hard enough time not printing when I have the XDS on me, though maybe it is something that I need to consider.
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Since we seem to be talking about bleeding, I'll give a couple of tips from a former paramedic.

A couple of hits of Afrin will stop a nose bleed with the quickness, because it's a brutal vasoconrictor. New Skin Liquid Bandage is an excellent aid to your first aid kit for minor cuts. After a little compression, then you apply it and it will stop bleeding. Using a tourniquet for a major extremity hemorrhage is a bit more complicated. You have to know how to use it properly because it needs to be released at certain intervals to avoid Ischemia.

Comment

Marty?
              Bybotie

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                They are legal. I have a Mossberg 500 that has the ability to use a normal stock or a pistol grip.
                A pistol grip 500 and the shockwave are not the same, the shockwave has a 14" barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatass View Post
                  A pistol grip 500 and the shockwave are not the same, the shockwave has a 14" barrel.
                  I realize that. I was just acknowledging that they are now legal in Texas. Perhaps, I could have worded my response better. My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                    Nah. I don't worry about shit like that. Train for the worst, hope for the best. I do have random shit here and there but I don't plan on walking around with a AR around my neck. I am considering a DP-12 for my cruiser though. If I can find one local and not at rapey prices. Buds has them for 1050.00.
                    Just watched a couple of videos of that on YouTube and that thing looks like a beast but pretty cool. Have you thought about a KSG?

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                    I mean...

I used to have those, before the boating accident and everything is now at the bottom of lake lewisville
                    Boating accident?

I'm watching them for Black Friday. If they drop to 299, I am getting 2. I figure one day down the road and can Form 1 one of them for a SBS.

Have you shot it yet? How did you like those little 12ga shorts?

I also read somewhere of a 20ga version coming out.
                    Kinda curious as to how that thing shoots both with regular and mini shells. Be sure to post up a report Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                      Like a trigger lock or something that secures it to the vehicle? If the latter, and you have a product in mind, I'd be interested..
                      Did you ever see the gun vault I have in my truck when we went camping?

Just a couple of quick searches but don't remember the year of your Jeep. Here is what I found, not sure if this would work for you as it would eat up a lot of cargo space I would think.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post

Just a couple of quick searches but don't remember the year of your Jeep. Here is what I found, not sure if this would work for you as it would eat up a lot of cargo space I would think.

https://www.tuffyproducts.com/e-mmyproducts.aspx
                        Damn truck vault for the Expedition is $1800. It would be worth it if I had an EL. The regular back end is too shallow without losing the 3rd row of seats.

Comment

Damn truck vault for the Expedition is $1800. It would be worth it if I had an EL. The regular back end is too shallow without losing the 3rd row of seats.
                          Ya there not fucking cheap! Mine was like $800 and I thought that was expensive. But I'm guessing the one for the Expedition is bigger. What are you replacing your truck with? The Expedition?

Comment

https://www.tuffyproducts.com/e-mmyproducts.aspx
                            I did! I love those but I don't want to give up all of that space, which is already at a premium in the Jeep as you know. I would just want something that will secure it and bolt down, but not necessarily a whole drawer. I do have the smaller safe under my seat, but that will only hold a couple handguns.

My best mounting location that wouldn't interfere with anything would be under the back seat.

Comment

Ya there not fucking cheap! Mine was like $800 and I thought that was expensive. But I'm guessing the one for the Expedition is bigger. What are you replacing your truck with? The Expedition?
                              I bought a 2014 Expedition Limited with 47,000 miles last weekend. There is not much room for much behind the 3rd row. I tried to talk the wife into doing the EL but she was afraid parking it. No worries, since she was doing all the leg work on the ones I found, I let her have her way. I plan on enjoying it for a couple of years then trade for a brand new one and hopefully the EL.

F150 is for sale or trade (firearms, optics, etc) now.

Comment

I am looking at the center console drop in lock boxes though for when I have to take my CC gun off and keep it in the truck. They are not too bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X