X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone ever shoot Novx ammo?

Just seen this at Midway. Seemed interesting

NovX – The New World
    For over a century brass and lead have been the standard for ammunition. But, the time has come for brass and lead to step aside. A new era of bullet technology is here. An era started by the introduction of 65gr NovX 9MM Luger +P ARX (R) Engagement: Extreme Self-Defense and 9MM ARX(R) Engagement Extreme Self-Defense ammunition and ballistically matched 65gr NovX 9MM Luger +P RNP and standard pressure RNP Cross Trainer/ Competition rounds. Ammunition that produces more energy, velocity, power, and less recoil, faster follow-ups, greater efficiency and cycling, NovX Engagement: Extreme Self-Defense rounds produce wound channels impossible to achieve with a lead and brass bullet.

Customer Favorites
    New Arrival Banner NovX Engagement Extreme Self-Defense Ammunition 9mm Luger +P 65 Grain ARX Lead-Free
    NovX Engagement Extreme Self-Defense Ammunition 9mm Luger +P 65 Grain ARX Lead-Free
    $28.99 - $284.99 Available View More Options
    New Arrival Banner NovX Engagement Extreme Self-Defense Ammunition 9mm Luger 65 Grain ARX Lead-Free
    NovX Engagement Extreme Self-Defense Ammunition 9mm Luger 65 Grain ARX Lead-Free
    5.0 (1 Review)
    $27.99 - $274.99 Available View More Options
    New Arrival Banner NovX Cross Trainer/Competition Ammunition 9mm Luger 65 Grain RNP Lead-Free
    NovX Cross Trainer/Competition Ammunition 9mm Luger 65 Grain RNP Lead-Free
    $27.99 - $549.99 Available View More Options
    New Arrival Banner NovX Cross Trainer/Competition Ammunition 9mm Luger +P 65 Grain RNP Lead-Free
    NovX Cross Trainer/Competition Ammunition 9mm Luger +P 65 Grain RNP Lead-Free
    $28.99 - $569.99 Available View More Options

I would not bother trying it.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Sure is light for 9mm.

Comment

I wouldn't try it based on the light weight bullets and the steel cases are not (easily) reloadable. There are other manufacturers who use standard brass but have machined copper bullets with respecable weights behind them. It says for competition shooting, and I was under the impression most competition shooters hand load when allowed. This seems kind of gimmicky and expensive.

Also, the last time I tried lead free plincking ammo it was horribly innaccurate compared to other fmj factory loads we had that day. May have just been that brand but they were bad enough it made me cautious to try again.
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
          Sure is light for 9mm.
          that is what I thought.

Comment

[QUOTE=LANTIRN;1670983]I wouldn't try it based on the light weight bullets and the steel cases are not (easily) reloadable.

I am with you. I try to by brass so I can reload one of these days.

Comment

The reason most steel case ammo is hard to reload is because it's Berdan primed (multiple offset flash holes in the case, and the anvil is built into the primer pocket), whereas virtually all commercial and Western military brass cases are Boxer primed (single, centered flash hole, and the anvil is built into the primer). Merely depriming Berdan primed is a huge pain in the ass.

This stuff is Boxer primed, so it shouldn't be much more difficult to reload than regular brass except that the cases will probably have to be lubed (even with carbide dies) and it might wear out the dies sooner. It says on the description though that case longevity ("increased reloads") is one of the benefits.
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I've shot some ARX bullets in 9mm and .458 Socom, but not certain it was NOVX brand. The 9mm had less felt recoil but more audible sound or bang compared to my FMJ ammo I was shooting along with it. This was from my 3" Khar PM9. A friend of mine has a stock pile of various ammo a friend of his provides him with, so we burnt up a bunch of old stock last Sunday. He wanted me to try a couple magazines full to see what I thought. At 15 yards it seemed just as accurate as the other ammo I was plinking with on steel.

Comment

Originally posted by txstangnut View Post
                  But, the time has come for brass and lead to step aside.
                  They've been reading too many spark plug ads.
                  WH

Comment

" Ammunition that produces more energy, velocity, power, and less recoil,".

How does one trade less recoil to more velocity?

Comment

Working...
                    X