• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scootro View Post
    last t-bird didn't do amazingly.

Comment

Why not name it Galaxy or Fairlane atleast those came as four doors

Comment

Calling that new model a Mustang Mach E just dilutes the Mustang brand and pisses off legions of loyal fans/buyers everywhere...

It seems there would be numerous other choices that wouldn't alienate Ford's base.

mardyn

Comment

got close up with a model 3 last night, and liked it so much I scheduled a test drive for tomorrow. Question is, can I hold out long enough to wait for the mach e? We will see I guess. I'd like to owe less on my white mustang before getting out of it, but also the fucker keeps kicking e in the nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
            got close up with a model 3 last night, and liked it so much I scheduled a test drive for tomorrow. Question is, can I hold out long enough to wait for the mach e? We will see I guess. I'd like to owe less on my white mustang before getting out of it, but also the fucker keeps kicking e in the nuts.
            Which trim are you interested in? Keep in mind that the GT Performance cannot be reserved and isn't expected until mid 2021. That's the one that will compete with the Tesla Model Y. The Model Y should be available before that and I suspect their performance dual motor version will be out sooner.

IF I'm to get one, I want the GT Performance. Grabber Blue is only available for that one and the Launch Edition. That Grabber Blue is Th3 S3X.

I was set on trading in my Jeep for a new Gladiator Diesel and fully equipping it for overlanding. But I'm putting that on hold. I'm thinking of keeping my Jeep and modifying the Hades out of it. My wife's Jeep comes off lease in Summer 2020 so we'll be taking that in and getting either a Wrangler Rubicon, Ford Bronco (the big one), or a full sized pickup. It's kinda up to her.

At that point, I'm thinking of getting the Mach-E GT on lease. Of course, as finicky as I get on cars, I may just say F' it and get a new Vette.

Comment

Mustang Mach-E Shelby Plans Confirmed By Ford Executive

Before we go further, know that we did contact Ford directly about this because even rumors about a Mach-E Shelby threaten the fabric of space-time. These aren’t fuzzy rumors, however – the Evo report credits Ford Performance Chief Program Engineer Ed Krenz as talking at length about a Mach-E Shelby, specifically that he is “looking forward to the challenge of applying the Shelby characteristics to an electric car.”

Beyond that, he reportedly said it “needs to be capable to go all day on a track day.” The context of the discussion seemed to indicate he was referencing charging capability as opposed to mechanical reliability, but still, these are things even the current crop of dedicated EV supercars can’t handle just yet. In other words, such a Mach-E Shelby isn’t likely anytime soon.

Speaking of which, back to the official word we received from a Ford spokesperson about this report.

With Mustang there is always opportunity for performance variants. Right now it’s the Shelby GT500 just now hitting dealerships and following that the all-new electric Mustang Mach-E SUV next year. It’s premature to speculate beyond those two new members of the Mustang lineup.
              In other words, there’s no confirmation or denial from Ford regarding a Mach-E Shelby. We pressed the issue to see if Ford could at least confirm or deny Krenz made such statements, but thus far we haven’t received a reply.

A report from EVO cites Ford Performance Chief Program Engineer Ed Krenz talking about the challenges of creating an EV with Shelby characteristics.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                Which trim are you interested in? Keep in mind that the GT Performance cannot be reserved and isn't expected until mid 2021. That's the one that will compete with the Tesla Model Y. The Model Y should be available before that and I suspect their performance dual motor version will be out sooner.

IF I'm to get one, I want the GT Performance. Grabber Blue is only available for that one and the Launch Edition. That Grabber Blue is Th3 S3X.

I was set on trading in my Jeep for a new Gladiator Diesel and fully equipping it for overlanding. But I'm putting that on hold. I'm thinking of keeping my Jeep and modifying the Hades out of it. My wife's Jeep comes off lease in Summer 2020 so we'll be taking that in and getting either a Wrangler Rubicon, Ford Bronco (the big one), or a full sized pickup. It's kinda up to her.

At that point, I'm thinking of getting the Mach-E GT on lease. Of course, as finicky as I get on cars, I may just say F' it and get a new Vette.
                If I go Tesla I'll get the 3. If I go Ford I'll get the GT. I know that's apples to oranges, but those are the two EV's that interest me. The tesla SUV doesn't excite me at all, but the ford does. I really like the look of the tesla E and it fits our needs for my daughter starting to drive better than the ford GT would. Right now if giving her driving lessons in my 16 GT, but I'd rather her not drive that when she gets her license and is out on her own. It's all a big jumble in my head right now. I need to eventually make a decision. But I figure as long as I don't buy a tesla tomorrow, I'll keep looking at the facts until the Mach E comes out and see whare we are then. My wife's GT will be payed off by then and I'll owe a lot less on mine. So maybe I'll feel a lot more comfortable buying a $60k EV.Or maybe by then I'll be looking at an electric F-150 or Rivian. Heck the Tesla truck will be unveiled tonight, so maybe this whole conversation will be different after 10pm.
                Either way, this is my favorite part of the car buying process. I love trying to find what want, it it doesn't cost me anything.

Comment

making an Electric Mustang SUV is probably the smartest thing Ford has ever done

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                    If I go Tesla I'll get the 3. If I go Ford I'll get the GT. I know that's apples to oranges, but those are the two EV's that interest me. The tesla SUV doesn't excite me at all, but the ford does. I really like the look of the tesla E and it fits our needs for my daughter starting to drive better than the ford GT would. Right now if giving her driving lessons in my 16 GT, but I'd rather her not drive that when she gets her license and is out on her own. It's all a big jumble in my head right now. I need to eventually make a decision. But I figure as long as I don't buy a tesla tomorrow, I'll keep looking at the facts until the Mach E comes out and see whare we are then. My wife's GT will be payed off by then and I'll owe a lot less on mine. So maybe I'll feel a lot more comfortable buying a $60k EV.Or maybe by then I'll be looking at an electric F-150 or Rivian. Heck the Tesla truck will be unveiled tonight, so maybe this whole conversation will be different after 10pm.
                    Either way, this is my favorite part of the car buying process. I love trying to find what want, it it doesn't cost me anything.
                    Lol...tesla "truck"

Comment

• Originally posted by no one ever View Post
                      making an electric mustang suv is probably the smartest thing ford has ever done
                      lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X