No announcement yet.

Mach E spotted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder if we will be able to hack the Copilot 360 to launch upon green lantern illumination
    WRX

Comment

Wow, that White MACH-E looked fucking niiice with the black roof. I'm really digging it, of course I wouldn't buy one until the power grid with VGA is up and running.
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Comment

Ford CEO Jim Hackett reportedly confirmed that the new Mustang Mach-E we’ve been talking about all day may need to be manufactured in China. Since this is our third article on the vehicle, we’re immensely sorry and promise to keep this relatively short.

On Monday, Bloomberg quoted Hackett as saying the Mach-E will have to figure out a way around the trade war between the United States and China. “We need to determine whether the tariffs are settled. And it would be great [if they were],” Hackett said following the EV’s launch in Los Angeles. “We have a plan to build there if we have to.”

While yours truly absolutely despises the Mock-E for usurping the lineage of Ford’s most-famous bloodline, he can also acknowledge the models’s obvious strengths. It’s the physical manifestation of every trend the industry has been advancing over the last few years. Huge central screen? Check. Perpetually connected to the internet? Check. Large SUV that’s also battery powered? Check. Claiming that’s somehow energy efficient? Check. Unnecessarily tying a new model to some aspect of the manufacturers history? Sigh, check.

Most folks are letting wealthier people take the first leap with these types of vehicles — curious to see if trends dissipate and give way to something more interesting than a cellphone on wheels. North American tastes are fickle, but usually boil down to a good bargain. We want more of everything for less green. However, every region has its own unique tastes and the People’s Republic seems to be the most hungry for tech. They’re also unlikely to care one whit about the model’s biggest offense.

In the United States, Mustangs are considered an official member of many households (sometimes for generations). Modifying it so … aggressively … is tantamount to surgically attaching more legs to the family dog. Many won’t accept it, even if you actually end up building a better pooch/car in the end. China has no such ties to the model, and I think their take on dogs is currently evolving and pretty complex. But the point is, they’re unlikely to have weird feelings about the Mach-E and will be more inclined to be interested in what it offers.

From Bloomberg:

In an earlier interview with Bloomberg TV, Hackett said he believed there would be good demand for the car in China. “I’m smiling because China has got a mandate for electrification, so the Mach-E has a role in that,” he said.

Ford plans to import the Mustang Mach-E to China but hasn’t indicated when sales in the world’s biggest EV market will begin.

While Ford is building the Mach-E in Mexico, Hackett said the company employs more workers in the U.S. than its competitors. President Donald Trump, who has criticized American firms for manufacturing overseas, said in August that U.S. companies should look for alternatives to China. But many continue to expand operations there, including Tesla Inc., which has built a Gigafactory on the outskirts of Shanghai in a matter of months.

Truth be told, Ford’s warping of its longstanding electric crossover project into the next Mustang II was probably a wise move. Love or hate it, the Mach-E will be hotly debated and given additional attention for months — whereas a generic-looking EV probably would have stayed mostly beneath the public’s radar and been forgotten overnight.

U.S. and Europe are supposed to see the Mach-E drop next fall, but China has remained a question mark. Hackett told Bloomberg he wants to be sure everything goes flawlessly in Western markets before tackling China. The original article on Ford’s CEO has vanished (presumably temporarily) but echoes of it persist elsewhere online. Slightly mysterious!

Our premonition? Blue Oval will probably need to give this monstrosity its own assembly line in Asia unless the trade war magically ends within the next twelve months.

Ford CEO Jim Hackett reportedly confirmed that the new Mustang Mach-E we’ve been talking about all day may need to be manufactured in China. Since this is our third article on the vehicle, we’re immensely sorry and promise to keep this relatively short.On Monday, Bloomberg quoted Hackett as saying the Mach-E will have to figure out a way around the trade war between the United States and China. “We need to determine whether the tariffs are settled. And it would be…

Comment

The interior is hideous. Its like they didn't even think of putting the screen in it till after the car was designed.

Comment

Originally posted by one slow 5.0 View Post
              The interior is hideous. Its like they didn't even think of putting the screen in it till after the car was designed.
              Thats the trend with this kind of car. heck a lot of new cars look like they slapped a i pad to the dash. maybe it's to make you feel like you're holding your phone" or something. it's like its free floating in front of you saying "look at me!!!"

Comment

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Comment

Look like a Mustang knocked up a Tesla model X.

Comment

I personally think this vehicle is an aberration using the Mustang nomenclature, but I'll give some credit here.

"" Ford Motor Co. introduced its first entry into the electric vehicle market Sunday and redefined what it means to be a Ford Mustang, unveiling a new all-electric crossover SUV called the Mustang Mach-E.

The 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-ET GT Performance model will make an estimated 459 horsepower from two electric motors—one power the front wheels, and the second power the rear wheels. Ford says the dual-motor design will make the Mach-E go from zero to 60 miles per hour in about 3.5 seconds—the same 0-60 time as the Porsche 911 GTS.

The base model Mustang Mach-E will start at about $45,000. The Mach-E GT Performance model will start at about $60,000, prices that industry analysts note align with Tesla’s upcoming Model Y SUV.

Extended Range versions of the Mach-E will have an EPA range of at least 300 miles, Ford officials say. Extended Range Mach-E vehicles will be rear-wheel drive vehicles and make 332 hp.

Ted Cannis, Ford’s director of electrification, said that the new all-electric Mustang SUV will be the best-driving SUV Ford has ever built.

The Ford Mustang Mach-E will be available in seven colors:

Rapid Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat
                    Star White Metallic Tri-Coat
                    Infinite Blue Metallic Tinted Clearcoat
                    Carbonized Gray
                    Shadow Black
                    Iconic Silver
                    Space White
                    ""

OK. This is not only gaudy, gimmicky, but is simply egregious overkill.

This is just plain fugly.

Comment

I guess I'm the odd one for liking it way more than the Tesla. I still will have to see it in person, but as of right now it's my top pick for an EV.

Comment

Just wait to until one gets the notorious Ford water leak and all hell breaks loose on those batteries and electronics. ��

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                          Just wait to until one gets the notorious Ford water leak and all hell breaks loose on those batteries and electronics. ��
                          What's this leak you're talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                            What's this leak you're talking about?
                            Well I have had my Mustang and now my F150 leak water through the firewall/windshield area. I have seen others on here and personally who have had water come in from various places as well. I know there also are TSBs out there regarding leaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                              Well I have had my Mustang and now my F150 leak water through the firewall/windshield area. I have seen others on here and personally who have had water come in from various places as well. I know there also are TSBs out there regarding leaks.
                              I've only owned 2 Ford's. No issues from my end.

Comment

The exterior of the GT looks good to me but the interior just looks like an after thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X