Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turns out nobody cares about oil filter placement...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
    I have found that I can not get the quality of work that I provide myself from anyone at any price.
    This is why the wives of DFW are lining up cash in hand to be serviced by SVO.

Comment

Oil change on my Sierra would cost around $80-100 a shot(8.5qts. + a filter) if I were to do it myself...Luckily I took advantage of a lifetime oil change plan right after I bought the truck. For $500, they change the oil as often as every 3000 miles. I normally get it changed every 5k miles, so every other week. I think at last count I am at 65 or so oil changes under this plan.

side note - About a year after I bought the plan they updated the terms to limit people to 5 oil changes per year. But my contract is grandfathered in.

Comment

Bah. If I had to get a half pint truck, I'd get a tacoma.
        WH

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
          It helps when you know said "monkeys" and remember when you were one once.

/me steps off his high horse

Absolutely agree, I even had a few jobs that I would consider far beneath the status of being an oil change monkey.

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
          Agreed, I looked at Tacomas and Rangers back in 2006 and went with the bare bones base model Ranger, 4-cyl with a manual transmission and standard cab. The Ranger did fine for what I used it for, but I believed then (and still do) that the Tacoma was a better small truck, albeit more expensive which was to be expected. The one feature I didn't care for on the Tacoma at the time was placement of the e-brake handle on the center of the dash. Can't speak for this current reincarnation of the Ranger though in a side by side comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
            This is why the wives of DFW are lining up cash in hand to be serviced by SVO.
            It would be "Wife" not "Wives" lining up since the only one so far has been yours.....
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post

I bought a bunch of Rangers in 08' and they have been fine trucks and while I love the Tacomas they were just too expensive to buy when my Rangers cost me just under 11k each after a $4500 rebate being given at the time.

As much as I love Fords it is unlikely that I will be buying any once I have to start replacing my trucks which may be pretty soon.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

My GF had a '16 Colorado with the V6 and nav package. That thing was the biggest piece of shit. 30k miles and problems with the ignition, windows, radio screen cutting out, steering wheel worn out, tons of road noise, and less than stellar mpg.

We traded it in last week for a new Lexus nx300 F-sport which is about 10x the car. They still gave her almost $20k for that thing - suckers.
                2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                  Oil change on my Sierra would cost around $80-100 a shot(8.5qts. + a filter) if I were to do it myself...Luckily I took advantage of a lifetime oil change plan right after I bought the truck. For $500, they change the oil as often as every 3000 miles. I normally get it changed every 5k miles, so every other week. I think at last count I am at 65 or so oil changes under this plan.

side note - About a year after I bought the plan they updated the terms to limit people to 5 oil changes per year. But my contract is grandfathered in.
                  That's cheatin

Comment

If you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'
                    WH

Comment

That's cheatin
                      When you rack up miles like I do, you gotta stay ahead somehow... Damn truck is just over 4 years old and is just about to crest 400k!

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                        When you rack up miles like I do, you gotta stay ahead somehow... Damn truck is just over 4 years old and is just about to crest 400k!
                        Good Lawd! What do you do to drive that much?

Comment

My filter on my titan is at the front of the motor above the skid plate. You have to drop the plate to get to it and the 4 little bolts holding it are stripped. I guess some grease monkey used an impact on it or something lol.

Comment

Good Lawd! What do you do to drive that much?
                            Remote network communications. I drive out to the middle of nowhere and bring networks(VSAT,DSL,Cell) back online(consumer and enterprise). I think I average roughly 350 miles a day... but there are days like yesterday where the site is over 300 miles one-way. Days like that suck by the way, 10 hours of driving for a 30 minute fix that the site contact could have been talked through over the phone by customer support.

My territory is most of West Texas - from Stephenville/Dublin out to Pecos/Orla/Ft. Stockton and all the desolate areas in between.

Comment

What are they paying you per mile, since you're using own vehicle for service calls?

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                                What are they paying you per mile, since you're using own vehicle for service calls?
                                Must be good for him to completely devalue a personal vehicle by racking up miles.

Comment

Working...
                                X