Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep

Comment

Ordered 8 dozen assorted flavors from Dalia's, should be here Wednesday. What is the best way to heat these things up.

Comment

steam? wrap in a wet paper towel and microwave in the husk?

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
          wrap in a wet paper towel and microwave in the husk?
          I've done that in the past, but thought their might be a preferred way for such high quality tamales.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
            Ordered 8 dozen assorted flavors from Dalia's, should be here Wednesday. What is the best way to heat these things up.
            I actually like to warm them up in a pan, I kinda like them a little crispy.

Comment

My tamales arrived today, looked like cooler full of drugs lol, shipping weight was over 18lbs. I tried the spicy chicken and cheese, bcoop is spot on, these are damn good tamales.

Comment

I've done that in the past, but thought their might be a preferred way for such high quality tamales.

I use the steamer in the test kitchen, or if at home, I use something similar to this.

Let BedBathandBeyond.com help you discover designer brands & home goods at the lowest prices online. With free shipping on EVERYTHING*. See for yourself why shoppers love our selection & award-winning customer service.

My tamales arrived today, looked like cooler full of drugs lol, shipping weight was over 18lbs. I tried the spicy chicken and cheese, bcoop is spot on, these are damn good tamales.

Nice!
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                  steam? wrap in a wet paper towel and microwave in the husk?
                  You're talking about heating them to eat, not cooking them?

If cooking, I wasn't aware you could make them that way.

My family always used the steamer pot like Brent linked.

Comment

How was shipping? Wondering what it would run out the door for a dozen or two but don't want to register to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                      You're talking about heating them to eat, not cooking them?

If cooking, I wasn't aware you could make them that way.

My family always used the steamer pot like Brent linked.

These are cooked, then frozen. You just have to reheat them. But I still reheat them using the steamer pot. Nothing worse than a dry tamale, and that's what Delia's does differently compared to every other person I've bought tamales from. The masa is moist and has a lot of flavor.

I could find out what they charged us on shipping, but we also ordered $5,000 worth of tamales.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        These are cooked, then frozen. You just have to reheat them. But I still reheat them using the steamer pot. Nothing worse than a dry tamale, and that's what Delia's does differently compared to every other person I've bought tamales from. The masa is moist and has a lot of flavor.

I could find out what they charged us on shipping, but we also ordered $5,000 worth of tamales.
                        Gotcha.. I heat them in the husk, and have done the paper towel thing a few times. I agree, dried out masa sucks ass.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                          Can a nigga get a couple of shucks!?
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                            Can a nigga get a couple of shucks!?
                            Gifts for customers, homie. I'll buy you a dozen when I make my personal order, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                              How was shipping? Wondering what it would run out the door for a dozen or two but don't want to register to find out.
                              I believe it was $22 shipping, ordered on a Monday got them on Wednesday. I had 5 dozen in my cart and the shipping was $20 so adding 3 more only increased it by $2. You probably need to order a minimum of 8-10 dozen to offset the shipping costs.

Comment

new mexican eatery on pipeline sellin tamales. intersectiom of brown. in the same shopping side as wing stop. also just saw a place off brown and hardwood @ bedford farm market selling tamales.

Comment

Working...
                                X