X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
    Link? What did his log book say?
    I'll have to find it when I get home.

Edit: I just Googled "truck driver sent to prison for fatal accident" and I found several hundred. It might take me awhile to find the one I'm talking about.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
      I'll have to find it when I get home.

Edit: I just Googled "truck driver sent to prison for fatal accident" and I found several hundred. It might take me awhile to find the one I'm talking about.
      I tried the same but the only thing I found with mass casualties like that was a driver that parked on the side of a road and a bus hit him.

Comment

• This convoluted logic reminds me of a tactical team that put a flashbang on the end of a pole and stuck it through an upstairs window a few inches away from an infant's face. When it went off it ripped a good portion of the kids face off and I believe he lost both eyes. They excused it by saying that their intelligence did not indicate that a child was present in the home absolving themselves of any responsibility.

When the founding fathers expressed fears about the potential for abuse from a standing army they were not talking about the type of military we have today. What they were describing and what they feared is exactly what law enforcement in America is today
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
          This convoluted logic reminds me of a tactical team that put a flashbang on the end of a pole and stuck it through an upstairs window a few inches away from an infant's face. When it went off it ripped a good portion of the kids face off and I believe he lost both eyes. They excused it by saying that their intelligence did not indicate that a child was present in the home absolving themselves of any responsibility.

When the founding fathers expressed fears about the potential for abuse from a standing army they were not talking about the type of military we have today. What they were describing and what they feared is exactly what law enforcement in America is today
          I linked the article just to show that the lead detective also agreed this didn't meet the legal definition of a crime.

Comment

I linked the article just to show that the lead detective also agreed this didn't meet the legal definition of a crime.
            You mean another cop thinks she's not guilty of anything for shooting a guy in his own home?

Comment

The police department that the Tactical Team belonged to that mutilated the infant also cleared themselves of any wrongdoing so it's like it simply didn't happen.

If this woman is acquitted you can probably expect some black lives matter types to gun down a bunch more cops in Dallas again, and I can't say that I would blame them.
              Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 09-25-2019, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Texas Penal Code § 6.03. Definitions of Culpable Mental States
                (c) A person acts recklessly, or is reckless, with respect to circumstances surrounding his conduct or the result of his conduct when he is aware of but consciously disregards a substantial and unjustifiable risk that the circumstances exist or the result will occur.  The risk must be of such a nature and degree that its disregard constitutes a gross deviation from the standard of care that an ordinary person would exercise under all the circumstances as viewed from the actor's standpoint.
                Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                This...no point in arguing when I'm clearly right.

When the definition he posted of manslaughter matches her actions exactly...only a cop can find a way to ignore the facts.

How does the saying go...once a cop...? What was that last part.
                I'm not a back the blue type at all - far from it, but I don't see how her actions satisfy the legal requirements for "recklessness." The "circumstances surrounding her conduct" were that she went into someone else's apartment; the "result of her conduct" was that she shot a man in his apartment. Was and did she "aware of but consciously disregard[Ed] a substantial and unjustifiable risk that the circumstances exist or the result will occur"?
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• The law will always have a different court of law.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                    I'm not a back the blue type at all - far from it, but I don't see how her actions satisfy the legal requirements for "recklessness." The "circumstances surrounding her conduct" were that she went into someone else's apartment; the "result of her conduct" was that she shot a man in his apartment. Was and did she "aware of but consciously disregard[Ed] a substantial and unjustifiable risk that the circumstances exist or the result will occur"?
                    People get manslaughter charges for texting while driving. What she did was 10x as reckless as that.

This lady was reckless from the get go. In a sexual relationship with her partner...whom she was talking to on the way to intrude on Bothams apartment.

Then she goes in without her key fob working.

Then she pulls her gun on an unarmed man eating icecream

Them she shoots an unarmed man that she hasn't even confirmed was a threat.

That's so many layers of reckless that it appears to have totally confused yall into thinking it wasnt a textbook manslaughter case.

If I pull a gun at all without being certain I'm in danger...that's reckless. This lady pulled a gun and then shot an unarmed person in their own apartment.

I'm not an FTP person but these police need to start serving some time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      People get manslaughter charges for texting while driving. What she did was 10x as reckless as that.

This lady was reckless from the get go. In a sexual relationship with her partner...whom she was talking to on the way to intrude on Bothams apartment.

Then she goes in without her key fob working.

Then she pulls her gun on an unarmed man eating icecream

Them she shoots an unarmed man that she hasn't even confirmed was a threat.

That's so many layers of reckless that it appears to have totally confused yall into thinking it wasnt a textbook manslaughter case.

If I pull a gun at all without being certain I'm in danger...that's reckless. This lady pulled a gun and then shot an unarmed person in their own apartment.

I'm not an FTP person but these police need to start serving some time.
                      Someone that texts while driving is "aware but consciously disregards a substantial and unjustifiable risk," so that actually meets the requirement for recklessness.

Was she "aware of" and did she "consciously disregard a substantial and unjustifiable risk that the circumstances exist or the result will occur"?
                      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                        Someone that texts while driving is "aware but consciously disregards a substantial and unjustifiable risk," so that actually meets the requirement for recklessness.

Was she "aware of" and did she "consciously disregard a substantial and unjustifiable risk that the circumstances exist or the result will occur"?
                        I sure as hell hope she was fully aware of what happens when you pull a firearm on an unarmed man and pull the trigger. Texting while driving shares a much lower probability of fatal incident than shooting at someone does. This is pointless and I'm in complete awe of the fact that something of this magnitude totally glossed over yall.

Being paranoid doesnt give you a license to go blasting people in their own residence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                          I sure as hell hope she was fully aware of what happens when you pull a firearm on an unarmed man and pull the trigger. Texting while driving shares a much lower probability of fatal incident than shooting at someone does. This is pointless and I'm in complete awe of the fact that something of this magnitude totally glossed over yall.

Being paranoid doesnt give you a license to go blasting people in their own residence.
                          When it comes down to protecting themselves the government and by extension the courts will argue about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin and split every hair that they can find. When it comes down to you and I they'll use every power at their disposal to back us into a corner to force a plea on a charge that you may or may not be guilty of.

Comment

• Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                            The law will always have a different court of law.
                            100 percent correct.

If she was Susy Q citizen this would be handled the same way.................except they wouldn't have charged her with murder. The reason people believe such things is we are put in these situations far more than most others so it just gets a lot of publicity and there a re a shit load of no bills because we are doing our job and generally know when to use our weapons. While there are tons of examples out there of misconduct there are millions of interactions a year. It is just statistically the way it is.

Now to the haters on LE and it being such an easy job. I now work in a small town where " Nothing ever happens" right? This weekend my 3 folks and I handled 10 fucking domestic disturbances, and one was a 4 hour stand off mixed in with a bunch of other calls. I worked 40 hours in three days but that is not the hard part. I am not figuring out how to match pipes and cement things. I made several life and death decisions that played out well but there are several that could have ended badly. So not only am I dealing with totally irrational people, I also have the responsibility to my troops and the four county units I borrowed families, to get those folks home safe. I also have to explain to them on a regular basis why the same folks that caused such a stir are now going to be mad at them and back living together, trying to drop charges, and that we may have to deal with that again.

Yes I chose this profession, and most days it is not to shabby, however there are lots of days the stress is high. The other bad thing about this job is if you fuck up, there is a greater chance of getting charged for something than any other profession. The fryer at McDonalds is not going to catch a charge flipping burgers.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                              100 percent correct.

If she was Susy Q citizen this would be handled the same way.................except they wouldn't have charged her with murder. The reason people believe such things is we are put in these situations far more than most others so it just gets a lot of publicity and there a re a shit load of no bills because we are doing our job and generally know when to use our weapons. While there are tons of examples out there of misconduct there are millions of interactions a year. It is just statistically the way it is.

Now to the haters on LE and it being such an easy job. I now work in a small town where " Nothing ever happens" right? This weekend my 3 folks and I handled 10 fucking domestic disturbances, and one was a 4 hour stand off mixed in with a bunch of other calls. I worked 40 hours in three days but that is not the hard part. I am not figuring out how to match pipes and cement things. I made several life and death decisions that played out well but there are several that could have ended badly. So not only am I dealing with totally irrational people, I also have the responsibility to my troops and the four county units I borrowed families, to get those folks home safe. I also have to explain to them on a regular basis why the same folks that caused such a stir are now going to be mad at them and back living together, trying to drop charges, and that we may have to deal with that again.

Yes I chose this profession, and most days it is not to shabby, however there are lots of days the stress is high. The other bad thing about this job is if you fuck up, there is a greater chance of getting charged for something than any other profession. The fryer at McDonalds is not going to catch a charge flipping burgers.
                              and you still have yet to stop in...
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X