Texas turning blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas turning blue

So I've been reading these articles lately and seems like the Repubs are sounding the alarms. Hard to tell, but with all of the transplants moving there I figure it's inevitable sooner rather than later. I hate seeing my home state turn sideways, but I fear it's coming. So how long you think you got? It happened to Colorado eventually and they ruined it.

5 to 10 yrs I figure...

Comment

Texas was a Democratic state for decades, prior to the early 1980’s. Things do run in cycles.
      But I’ll admit that a Democrat of 1970, is nothing like a current Democrat. But honestly, neither is a Republican.....

Comment

Originally posted by white trash wagon View Post
        But I’ll admit that a Democrat of 1970, is nothing like a current Democrat. But honestly, neither is a Republican.....
        True on both accounts. The Republicans also had no spine to prevent this from spiraling out of control, and probably could have modernized on some ideals as well. Too late now...

Comment

If Beto is the face of the Texas democratic party and we turn blue I'm gonna go ahead and move to Wyoming.

Comment

Wish I could get my wife to consider Idaho, Wyoming or Montana, but something about cold and snow.... man I love the open spaces though.

Comment

We're loving it here in Clark County WA, great weather, beautiful scenery, CoL similar to Dallas County, only thing I miss is familiarity of the area and family/friends.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                If Beto is the face of the Texas democratic party and we turn blue I'm gonna go ahead and move to Wyoming.
                I ain't moving nowhere else. I'm going to stay here and fight it out... literally.

Comment

Yeah I'm staying here. I can't do cold
                  Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                  HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                    The cancer is spreading. Lots of Californians are moving into Idaho and you have a blue Colorado below and Minnesota isn't that far away. It'll be prolonged, but eventually blue insanity will cover the entire map.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                      The cancer is spreading. Lots of Californians are moving into Idaho and you have a blue Colorado below and Minnesota isn't that far away. It'll be prolonged, but eventually blue insanity will cover the entire map.
                      That's what happens when half the population pays no taxes and "Blue" just means "free everything".

Comment

Originally posted by white trash wagon View Post
                        Texas was a Democratic state for decades, prior to the early 1980’s. Things do run in cycles.
                        So CA is turning red soon? (rhetorical question)

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                          We're loving it here in Clark County WA, great weather, beautiful scenery, CoL similar to Dallas County, only thing I miss is familiarity of the area and family/friends.
                          Been trying to convince my family to go to WA, but NOOO, they don't want to leave. I think I have a better shot at North Carolina. I honestly don't know why I stay here, it's burning hot in the summer, freezing cold in the winter, my allergies kill me in the spring, there's no scenery, you have to drive for fucking ever to get to anything.

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                          So CA is turning red soon? (rhetorical question)
                          I saw we all invade CA, let em have Texas. Bring in some conservative politics, make it a damned nice state.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                            Colorado went off the rails when they legalized pot in that it brought a lot of blue State mentality people from other blue States. The people moving to Texas are the conservatives moving out of blue States for the most part. Blue states are getting Bluer is what's really happening.
                            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                              Colorado went off the rails when they legalized pot in that it brought a lot of blue State mentality people from other blue States. The people moving to Texas are the conservatives moving out of blue States for the most part. Blue states are getting Bluer is what's really happening.
                              Keep telling yourself this. Colorado started turning blue far earlier than the legalization of weed. Californians were flocking to Colorado in the 80's and 90's buying property/houses sight unseen. Same shit is happening now with cancerous Californians moving to red states and bringing along their ideologies.

Comment

Working...
                              X