eBikes are awesome!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBikes are awesome!!!

I just picked up a Radmini eBike and this thing is awesome. I thought they were a gimmick at first, but after doing 15+ miles on this thing I see the allure. The key thing is that I can ride it on bike trails, sidewalks and around campgrounds without trouble. It's weird going 20mph while barely pedaling...or using straight throttle.

Anyone else rocking an ebike?!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Here in Colorado, they’re slowly getting banned from trails. I’m guessing a few a-holes are ruining it for everyone. That said, I love the concept. I could see myself using something like this for quick runs to the grocery store.

Comment

That's one of my worries and the reason I went with one that doesnt look like a vintage motorbike. I also went Class 2 for that reason because the laws seem to favor that. I didn't want anyone to know it was an actual ebike unless they already knew what to look for. In texas that isnt a problem yet.

I know national parks have required them to be allowed and there is some momentum in other cities. But theres also pushback because some people go overboard and others are just salty about trails seeing more traffic. I'd never want to take this one on an actual mountain bike trail.

Either way...I'll find plenty of uses for it.

Comment

i heard those come with a free bag of dicks.

asking for a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
          i heard those come with a free bag of dicks.

asking for a friend.
          I wasn't that lucky....but the cheap chinesium tools it came with were about as useful....

Comment

what kind of range are you getting?

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
              what kind of range are you getting?
              Its rated for 25-45 depending on what level of pedal assist you use and riding terrain.

I will say that on a 10 mile ride I had probably 75% charge left. It was mostly flat ground with pedal assist set to 3 out of 5.

I think a 35 mile range is pretty reasonable without pushing it...if I go to pedal assist 2 I could probably shoot for 40.

Comment

might be a good vehicle for my rc airplane events. I use a gas scooter right now, but hate the pull start on cold mornings and how badly that cheep Chinese engine shakes. What did that one set you back?

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                  might be a good vehicle for my rc airplane events. I use a gas scooter right now, but hate the pull start on cold mornings and how badly that cheep Chinese engine shakes. What did that one set you back?
                  With tax and fenders added on...it was like $1700

Comment

I have a Specialized Turbo Levo...it's a badass bike.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                      I have a Specialized Turbo Levo...it's a badass bike.
                      Those things are sweet! I have been considering converting my mountain bike to a mid drive system because of the advantage of gearing. But I also dont know that I'd use it enough.

I guess time will tell.

Comment

Just when you thought you might get some exercise Someone invents a lazy bike! Couldn’t see dropping 1700 but to each their own

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
                          Just when you thought you might get some exercise Someone invents a lazy bike! Couldn’t see dropping 1700 but to each their own
                          It's definitely not something you're going to buy if you cant easily afford it or arent using it to commute. And 1700 is on the cheap end for ab eBike. Dr Dave's is way more than that.

And almost no one buys them for exercising.

Comment

Lazy fucking millenials can't even pedal a bicycle any more.
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

They have a $200 off black friday cell right now and if you follow

Talkable enables e-commerce companies to easily launch referral marketing programs

It's another $50 off.

Comment

Working...
                              X