Blendtec vs Vitamix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blendtec vs Vitamix

My Blendtec bit the dust today, luckily after I was finished using it and was going to run soapy water thru it. Out of warranty, and for some reason, I threw away the box, so no return to Costco.

Costco sells Vitamix in store now, so basically a lifetime warranty, if I keep the box! lol.

Anybody have experience with both? They are pretty equally rated/loved by most reviewers.

Any pros/cons from experienced Stangers for either model???

Ninja is out, reviews do not rate it nearly as well, and I use the crap outa this thing! Crushing blade vs chopping blad FTW!

In my opinion they are both same/same and we now do the vitamix (costco has had it for years now) simply due to Costco. We will exchange/replace it as needed for 3-4 years as that's how long I expect it to last.

The one in my house is used daily for multiple smoothies that the family likes. The Vitamix seems to last 1-2 years doing that task daily.

The blendtec we had years ago was fine too, lasted about 2 years, but Costco's policies make the Vitamix a better investment in my opinion.

Just like I've been returning my Kuerig for years. We're going on about 5 years now and I feel I finally got my money's worth (Although a 15 dollar machine would probably last until I'm dead) out of it. I'm just going all DIY on it until I can no longer fix it.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

In my opinion they are both same/same and we now do the vitamix (costco has had it for years now) simply due to Costco. We will exchange/replace it as needed for 3-4 years as that's how long I expect it to last.

The one in my house is used daily for multiple smoothies that the family likes. The Vitamix seems to last 1-2 years doing that task daily.

The blendtec we had years ago was fine too, lasted about 2 years, but Costco's policies make the Vitamix a better investment in my opinion.

Just like I've been returning my Kuerig for years. We're going on about 5 years now and I feel I finally got my money's worth (Although a 15 dollar machine would probably last until I'm dead) out of it. I'm just going all DIY on it until I can no longer fix it.

Comment

I'm partial to Blendtec, but it's more because it's what I'm familiar with. Both make good products. Just make sure you're looking at comparable models as they both have multiple models.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

We have a Blentec, but never compared it to the Vitamix first hand. We have no complaints.

Comment

Blendtec is garbage. Couldn't even blend a Chuck Norris action figure.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
              Blendtec is garbage. Couldn't even blend a Chuck Norris action figure.
              pfft, think the Vitamix could? No way. I'll blend bricks and diamonds, but not Chuck Norris action figure.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                I threw away the box, so no return to Costco.
                I've never needed a box to return something to Costco. I just returned a 3 year old carpet cleaner last week without one. Got a full refund, no hassle whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                  I've never needed a box to return something to Costco. I just returned a 3 year old carpet cleaner last week without one. Got a full refund, no hassle whatsoever.
                  I tried to return a Sonicare toothbrush set, no box, no return.

Oh well, I already threw the Blendtec away, and got the Vitamix.
                  One use, it blends great. I do like the Blendtec jar better, stuff pours/cleans out easier I think. Vitamix has more spots shit gets stuck in, or so it seems.

Comment

Working...
                  X