No announcement yet.

2006 FedEx Monte Carlo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That detail is amazing. Are you going to make the spoiler green?
    Los Angeles Rams 11-5
    Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
    Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
      That detail is amazing. Are you going to make the spoiler green?
      Yessir. I picked up a couple of different greens this week to see if one matches closely enough

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

The green almost looks like the same color of the Interstate Batteries #18 color. Maybe a shade darker
        Los Angeles Rams 11-5
        Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
        Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

It is about to get insane! This all showed up today. Machined fittings, braided lines, photo etched parts, etc.

For those that aren't familiar with this kind of stuff, in the picture there are roll cage gussets (these more than likely wont be used on this build), Header flanges, tiny bolt heads and nuts, a steering wheel, window net hardware kit, brake rotor kit, short track grilles for the front bumper, braided line, machined A/N fittings, pewter cast oil filters, and a few other misc goodies. Hopefully, as work tapers off this week and I start getting home at a decent hour, I can get some of these details put together and get this thing looking like something worthy of a model car show!

Last edited by black2002ls; 12-20-2017, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Well, I got a little time tonight to start working on the braided lines and fittings. Fuel supply from the pump to the rail is in place, and the rail to the carb. Oil pump is mocked up. I used the kit pullies for location purposes. I am undecided as to whether I will source some machined pullies or work over the kit pieces. Enjoy!

Comment

Finally started getting the oil lines sorted out. The loose line will get connected once the engine is in.

Comment

Work has been slow, so I have been working 1/2 days and have had some time to work on this. I moved to the chassis tonight. I used embossing metal to create the cooling tunnel for the radiator.

Comment

I got a little more work done today. Radiator detail, wedge bolts, wedge bolt tubes at the rear, etc. I've noticed on other super detailed builds that they used wedge bolts with bolt heads. After seeing the cost of small bolts, I did some research and found that the 1:1 cars use bolts with a relief for a wrench in them. So, I modified some pan head bolts.

Comment

Getting real close to the engine being ready to be installed for good.

Distributor is in and wired. With the price of aftermarket goodies adding up, I decided to skip the $30 pullies. I have been working with stuff from the parts box, mixing and matching to get something that looks accurate.

Comment

Items remaining before I can mount the motor.

Paint/detail the shift linkage
                      Build the remote oil filter mount
                      Drill the water pump for lower radiator hose and build the hose fitting
                      Finish pullies
                      Mount alternator and power steering pump
                      Finish detailing the steering box (bolt heads, PS lines, etc)

Comment

Awesome, I love seeing the progress pics. I’ve got a large scale fire engine I’ve been waiting to do. It’s crazy the amount of money you can spend on details.
                        "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                        http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                        Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                        Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                        http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                        www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
                          Awesome, I love seeing the progress pics. I’ve got a large scale fire engine I’ve been waiting to do. It’s crazy the amount of money you can spend on details.
                          It gets outrageous, REAL quick! I opened pandoras box with this one. I've placed 4 or 5 different orders for parts. Hopefully I am just about done getting parts!

Comment

No way I could be that patient. Good on you. Looks great.

Comment

Well, I finally cleared a hurdle on this thing. The remote oil filter mount is just about complete. The body and tails for the fittings is 6 pieces total. A mix of styrene, solder, fine wire, and a machined aluminum bolt head. The filter is a white metal pice, detailed with a WIX Racing filters decal.

All that is left for this piece is to finish up the fittings and attach the oil lines.

Comment

I've been trying to tackle some of the scratch building needing to be done on this thing while the weather is being uncooperative for other builds.

This morning I managed to put together the crank and water pump pullies. Mulriple pieces of aluminum tube, styrene, and various kit parts from many sources. I capped them with some machined aluminum pieces. Next up will be getting the alternator and PS pump finished up, mounted, and belts ran.

The photo I used for reference

Comment

Working...
                                X