First vette...nothing special and terrible photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's awesome. Certainly envious.

I paid 10.5 for this car which is why I had all the immediate ideas of wanting to flip it. With winter I wasn't getting attached to the car but yesterday was a nice afternoon of washing and driving.

Comment

When does the wheel upgrade come?

Comment

Everything I like is a lot more than I want to spend. Not going to dump a bunch of money on wheels and tired when this had brand new tires.

Even finding c5z wheels is getting more difficult.

Wagon wheels are not at all my favorite but they are growing on me.

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
          Everything I like is a lot more than I want to spend. Not going to dump a bunch of money on wheels and tired when this had brand new tires.

Even finding c5z wheels is getting more difficult.

Wagon wheels are not at all my favorite but they are growing on me.
          Real speedlines are hard to find used. Cruise the vette forums as there is a company selling NOS speedlines for less than a kidney. I found some Alcoas for a pretty good deal but they need a serious polish job and center caps.

pic of ours

Comment

For sure. I don't like the repops for the c5z wheel. Would only go original. I really like the f14 forgestars but I'm not dropping thst kind of Jack on wheels. Was considering some knock offs but quality seems to be really hit or miss.

Comment

I bet your daughters car is faster! It looks more fun too kidding of course, it's a good looking car sir

Comment

That barbie car moves out!

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                  For sure. I don't like the repops for the c5z wheel. Would only go original. I really like the f14 forgestars but I'm not dropping thst kind of Jack on wheels. Was considering some knock offs but quality seems to be really hit or miss.
                  They are fine for the average daily driver. Most folks are only seeing failures on them if tracked heavily. The guy I bought the alcoas from has been using knockoffs for YEARS and only issues have been some chrome chipping off and they are significantly heavier. If I wasn't such a putz when it comes to weight I would not bat an eye at the knock offs for street duty.

Comment

I came so close to buying one in January. After I finish my 5.0 Miata this or a Z06 may be next.... or a GT350 if I'm feeling baller then.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                      They are fine for the average daily driver. Most folks are only seeing failures on them if tracked heavily. The guy I bought the alcoas from has been using knockoffs for YEARS and only issues have been some chrome chipping off and they are significantly heavier. If I wasn't such a putz when it comes to weight I would not bat an eye at the knock offs for street duty.
                      Thanks foe the tips. I've heard that too but hard to decipher without anybfirst hand exo3rience or friends running them. I'll likely get some replicas from Oewheels if I do anything. Black c7 or black c6 zr1... something like that so I can re use my tires. This car will only see very modest street cruising
                      Last edited by akfodysvn; 03-01-2018, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raskal View Post
                        I bet your daughters car is faster! It looks more fun too
                        You mofos don't miss a thing, haha!

Nice car but the wheels suck out loud, we used to call them Fred Flinstone mobile wheels, LMAO!
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Lol I can't argue how ugly they are

Comment

Working...
                          X