No announcement yet.

Is Texas real estate slowing down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine went up $400/mo due to escrow... but I got proper fucked when they gave me a huge refund the year before since I had a home built in 2013 and "overpaid" all throughout 2014 just to have to turn back around and "refill" my escrow balance...

Escrow laws are stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
      I just sign the checks, neighbor explained his went up $400.

And I believe you're right about the escrow. But like I said I just sign the checks and I'm going on what my neighbor said
      Sounds more like an adjustment on his escrow account, a tax hike and maybe even a change in a adjustable rate.

Maybe all at once. I am not sure taxes will make it go up $400 on just a rise in home value of a $300k home.

But that's well beyond my normal day price and logic.

Comment

Comment

I sold my house in Stonebridge about 3 years ago - the real estate market had finally woken up after years of being stagnant. We had tried to sell it a couple of times before but had no luck, probably because it was a single story 3 bedroom 1920 sq ft house and everyone wanted a two story with 4 bedrooms so that they could have an office.

So my ex talks to her Realtor friend and together they sold it in 3 days LOL..... I jumped on the offer because the house needed tons of work; I was glad to walk away selling it "as is".

We built it in 1989 for $132k and sold it for $157k. This was before the Toyota relocation was generally known but the people that bought it knew about that deal and they were intending to fix up and flip the house.

Seems that the market might be slowing down now, with some areas still doing very well. I lived in Texas long enough to know that real estate is cyclical - there is always a downturn sooner or later.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
            houses in the colony are still selling fast as shit! (less than a week if price isn't stupid)

I paid 67k for mine in 2003 and im pretty sure I could get 110k for it the way it sits.. I owe less than 50k now what what!
            You still owe that much after 12 years?

Comment

We paid 195K for our 2300 sq ft 3 car garage house in East Allen 4 yrs ago, our neighbor sold there home in 1 week and was asking 259K, they got 290K for theirs. When we moved in we updated to high end carpet, wood floors and granite counter tops etc. Our realtor came by the other day and asked if we wanted to sell for 300K, problem is we can't find another like it for 300K.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb View Post
                I sold my house in Stonebridge about 3 years ago - the real estate market had finally woken up after years of being stagnant. We had tried to sell it a couple of times before but had no luck, probably because it was a single story 3 bedroom 1920 sq ft house and everyone wanted a two story with 4 bedrooms so that they could have an office.

So my ex talks to her Realtor friend and together they sold it in 3 days LOL..... I jumped on the offer because the house needed tons of work; I was glad to walk away selling it "as is".

We built it in 1989 for $132k and sold it for $157k. This was before the Toyota relocation was generally known but the people that bought it knew about that deal and they were intending to fix up and flip the house.

Seems that the market might be slowing down now, with some areas still doing very well. I lived in Texas long enough to know that real estate is cyclical - there is always a downturn sooner or later.
                Our place in Mckinney was similar to yours, and in SB as well. It had resold last year for $215k to give you an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Zfan View Post
                  We paid 195K for our 2300 sq ft 3 car garage house in East Allen 4 yrs ago, our neighbor sold there home in 1 week and was asking 259K, they got 290K for theirs. When we moved in we updated to high end carpet, wood floors and granite counter tops etc. Our realtor came by the other day and asked if we wanted to sell for 300K, problem is we can't find another like it for 300K.
                  holy shit

Bought our house in cleburne for 119k, also 2300 sq feet. It had sat on the market for 3 months. But it was straight out of the early 80's. We're about 2/3 of the way done with updating it. Also did wood floors. Popcorn ceilings are going to be fun.
                  WH

Comment

Yeah, it's hard to cash out without moving to a completely different area.

Though, you typically get more for your money as you near the ceiling.

http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

we are in exact same situation
                      sigpic

Comment

Yup, a lot of people in Denton are in this boat. Simply not enough homes in town.

My house is listed on Zillow as a 'make me move'. I did it to test the waters and the waters are pretty decent. I was getting one or two calls a week from folks wanting to take a look. I had to pull it down because of the delay in staring my new job. I paid $210K for this house and I listed it for $275K on Zillow. My realtor thinks $250K is more realistic but that's because there are so few nearby home sales to compare with.

Comment

I work with a group that helps people through the whole process of selling and buying a home if anyone is interested.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Tdominguez@alstate.com

-Tony Dominguez
                          Last edited by Stng5Pnt8; 10-28-2015, 07:57 PM.
                          Allstate Insurance
                          Dominguez Agency
                          1101 E. Bardin Rd. suite 141
                          Arlington, TX. 76018
                          817-405-2011
                          tdominguez@allstate.com
                          Give us a call so we can take a look at your insurance needs, we may be able to save you $$!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                            Yup, a lot of people in Denton are in this boat. Simply not enough homes in town.

My house is listed on Zillow as a 'make me move'. I did it to test the waters and the waters are pretty decent. I was getting one or two calls a week from folks wanting to take a look. I had to pull it down because of the delay in staring my new job. I paid $210K for this house and I listed it for $275K on Zillow. My realtor thinks $250K is more realistic but that's because there are so few nearby home sales to compare with.
                            It's slowing down a little but still pretty good if priced right. I have a buyer in Denton right now that is looking below 200k and its crazy the houses they are asking 199-200 for!

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                              Yeah, it's hard to cash out without moving to a completely different area.
                              We bought our house for $425k 2 years ago. We were talking to our real estate agent a while back about an unrelated matter and he said that he could sell our house that day for $575k if we were interested. I said ok, what do you have around here for me to move into? Nothing, not a thing right now.
                              Originally posted by davbrucas
                              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                                We bought our house for $425k 2 years ago. We were talking to our real estate agent a while back about an unrelated matter and he said that he could sell our house that day for $575k if we were interested. I said ok, what do you have around here for me to move into? Nothing, not a thing right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X