To paint the bricks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To paint the bricks

Or not to paint the bricks. That is the question. My early 80s brick house looks outdated. The color of the bricks was popular then, but now it just looks like something that would be great for an old lady that needs help to walk. I think you can imagine the look I'm referring to.

Several of my neighbors have painted bricks. Looks fine to me. Been living here about 5 years, and my next door neighbor's painted brick doesn't really show any major issues. Not that I can see. So what are the disadvantages? Are there any? Yeah its paint and one day it will wear out and finally need to be painted again. But eh.. not sure if I care about that.
    WH

Keep in mind it's a permanent solution that will require maintenance. It can be removed but you're going to spend a tremendous amount of time doing so. Plain brick = virtually zero maintenance.

Comment

Never paint bricks. Its like alimony in New York. Its a constant bitch that will leave you a lifetime of regret.
      Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

i am battling with my wife now on this.

she wants to paint the brick.

we are not painting the brick.

Comment

Painting the brick is a terrible decision. Can you put siding over the brick instead?

Comment

you know what would make the brick look better? A gallows.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Try adding shutters, painting soffit and any exposed siding/trim. A lot of times that will liven/freshen it up.
              Originally posted by Leah
              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Brick stain is the way to go and also check with your local ACME brick store if they sell the kits

Brick stain is available as an easy to use brick tinting kit. Our brick stain dyes the surface and will not alter the texture or properties of your masonry.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Comment

^ That looks nice, but I can only imagine how long that would take doing it by hand.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                    ^ That looks nice, but I can only imagine how long that would take doing it by hand.
                    it's cheaper, faster, then a complete tear out and re-lay with new brick!

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                      Looks like less of a pain then painting walls inside the house

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                        Looks like less of a pain then painting walls inside the house
                        Like hell it does. He's staining every single brick INDIVIDUALLY, taking care not to stain the grout. Fuck a bunch of that.

Comment

Stain the brick, then paint the grout

Comment

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
                            i am battling with my wife now on this.

she wants to paint the brick.

we are not painting the brick.
                            So what color are you painting the brick? Haha

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                            2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

That stain does seem like a decent option. I'd never paint the brick - if you look at other houses that had it awhile - tends to look gnarly after awhile.
                              Originally posted by MR EDD
                              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                              X