Happy "Bill of Rights" Day! Indefinite Detention Bill Signed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy "Bill of Rights" Day! Indefinite Detention Bill Signed

I think people will start to see how important the Constitution is/was as the globalist get settled in and comfortable as the people sit back and except it or lack of knowing what just happened.
    Any idea's?

Obama’s U-Turn On Indefinite Detention Bill a “Historic Tragedy” For Rights

White House demanded removal of language that would have protected U.S. citizens

Paul Joseph Watson
    Infowars.com
    Thursday, December 15, 2011

Human Rights Watch has labeled President Obama’s U-turn on his decision to veto the NDAA bill, which empowers the government to indefinitely detain Americans without trial, a “historic tragedy for rights,” but should we really be surprised given the fact that it was Obama’s White House which ensured language that would have protected U.S. citizens was removed from the bill in the first place?

With the House passing a revised version of the bill last night and the Senate set to follow, Obama could sign the legislation into law before the end of the week after the White House dropped its threat to veto the National Defense Authorization Act, which under Section 1031 empowers the government to arrest Americans and hold them in a detention camp with no legal recourse.

“By signing this defense spending bill, President Obama will go down in history as the president who enshrined indefinite detention without trial in US law,” said Kenneth Roth, executive director of Human Rights Watch. “In the past, Obama has lauded the importance of being on the right side of history, but today he is definitely on the wrong side.”

HRW describes Obama’s about-face as a “historic tragedy for rights”.

The ACLU strikes a similar tone, warning “it will damage both his legacy and American’s reputation for upholding the rule of law,” if Obama signs the bill.

HRW and the ACLU’s opposition to the bill is commendable, but in none of their press releases does it point out that it was Obama’s White House itself which demanded language be removed from the original version of the bill that would have protected U.S. citizens from its most dangerous provisions.

Obama’s veto threat was never about stopping detention without trial of American citizens, it was about ensuring that the federal government didn’t completely hand such powers over to the U.S. military, and enshrining into law Obama’s unconstitutional policy of targeting Americans as terrorists without the legal requirement to offer any proof.

Indeed, as the bill’s co-sponsor Senator Carl Levin said during a speech on the floor last week, it was the Obama administration that demanded the removal of language that would have precluded Americans from being subject to indefinite detention.

“The language which precluded the application of Section 1031 to American citizens was in the bill that we originally approved…and the administration asked us to remove the language which says that U.S. citizens and lawful residents would not be subject to this section,” said Levin, Chairman of the Armed Services Committee.

“It was the administration that asked us to remove the very language which we had in the bill which passed the committee…we removed it at the request of the administration,” said Levin, emphasizing, “It was the administration which asked us to remove the very language the absence of which is now objected to.”

The #1 Independent news service in the world, battling globalism and promoting a pro-human future worldwide. Infowars is Tomorrow's News Today.
    2 Chronicles 7:14
    If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

in for cliff notes

Comment

Indefinite Detention Bill Signed which makes the "Bill of Rights" null n void.
      Obama followed orders of the Globalist who run this nation and signed the National Defense Authorization Act today, on Bill of Rights day.
      Best I could do. The clip really isn't necessary, it is just showing how even though obama said he would veto it, he planned on signing it.
      If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

What. The. Fuck.

Comment

In for cliffer notes

Comment

So, at any point the military could waltz into the White House to snatch up Obama and throw him in jail indefinitely? Nice!

I say send a huge number of the military into Washington to scoop the 90% of our legislation that voted for the bill while we're at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
              So, at any point the military could waltz into the White House to snatch up Obama and throw him in jail indefinitely? Nice!

I say send a huge number of the military into Washington to scoop the 90% of our legislation that voted for the bill while we're at it.
              Perfect! Wonder if Oath Keepers is thinking the same thing.

Edit: I just emailed Oath Keepers and pretty much echoed what you said.
              Last edited by Up0n0ne; 12-15-2011, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                In for cliffer notes
                Now you're just being lazy. lol

Comment

If Alex Jones doesn't get thrown in jail, I don't think you have anything to worry about either. Do I agree with it? No. Am I worried about it affecting my life and the lives of those I care about? Certainly not.
                  How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

How many dissidents will be rounded up before they can vote in 2012?
                    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

If A.J. gets thrown in jail, it will only prove, strengthen and confirm what he's been saying all these year.
                      I'm glad you're not worried about it effecting you or the one's you care about, but the fact is it effects all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                        How many dissidents will be rounded up before they can vote in 2012?
                        That's if there's an election.
                        Remember Buch signed a directive in Aug. 07' declaring in the time of "catastrophic emergency" that the president can declare himself dictator.

Comment

Unsolved mysteries is going to make a comeback

Is the public going to be made aware of the DT targets the military nabs off the street?

Comment

Haha, I tried watching that recently, it's just not the same with out the orignial guy hosting.

Comment

Nice how people just want the "cliff's note" and don't think this will affect them.... stupid is as stupid does.

Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin were 100% correct. Now we just have to sit back and wait for the slow boat to totalitarianism to arrive.

Even Hitler himself would salivate over getting shit like this approved. Hell I bet Putin gave Obama a congratulatory call. Heck Chavez and Aminidijad..... or however you spell the Iranian's name were in on the party line.

It's amazing how stupid Americans are now days. They are too stupid to even care that all of our forefathers and everyone that died in each and every war we ever fought has done so in vain as of this moment. Congratulations on achieving the state of stupidity portrayed in the movie Idiocracy.

Comment

Working...
                              X