Labor day weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Labor day weekend

Here's my 3rd attempt of smoking brisket.

17lb
    Threw it in 9pm last night. Maybe couple more hours. At 180 internal now. I am trying this time to smoke entire time w/out wrapping till it is time to take out. Since I did not wrap during the "stall time", been spraying apple juice mixed with little olive oil about every hour or so.

Will update later on. Gonna try to rest up. Hahaha

Comment

Good bark

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I'll swing by tomorrow and get some!
        Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Didnt take pics. I wasn't impressed. Bit off more than I could chew. Never smoked one this large. Had temps between 230-260. Flat was little tough to cut. Thought i didnt have enough time since flat felt tough probing it, so I wrapped and put it in oven around 1ish. Had people coming over at 5:30. So oven couple hours then have another hour half to let it rest. Not sure if not enough time or cooked too long b

Comment

What tell was the meat when you pulled it off?

Comment

Labor day weekend

Was 185 when I pulled it. After picking it up, noticed it wasn't 'flimsy', still felt little stiff. Thats when i wrapped and put it in oven. Put it on 275 and left for another 2 hours and took it out. Put towel around and let it sit. Maybe an hour, then people started to come.

Inexperince just got the best of me. Too big of a brisket for me being a rookie. Appears I neglected the flat portion of brisket.
              Last edited by Rafa; 09-05-2016, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
                Was 185 when I pulled it. After picking it up, noticed it wasn't 'flimsy', still felt little stiff. Thats when i wrapped and put it in oven. Put it on 275 and left for another 2 hours and took it out. Put towel around and let it sit. Maybe an hour, then people started to come.

Inexperince just got the best of me. Too big of a brisket for me being a rookie. Appears I neglected the flat portion of brisket.
                Yeah, I would bring it up to 200 and let it rest, it will probably rest up to 205.

Comment

We pull ours at 200. Also, we wrap them and put butter and apple juice in the pans. It helps negate the stall, steam a bit, and it stays moist.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I thought it tasted good.
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                    X