Tacos al Pastor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tacos al Pastor?

Authentic TaP should be very spicy. Like evil spicy and I have yet to find any that fit that description around the DFW area. They're used to be Mongaras grocery on Maple and later moved by the AAC, that used to serve them spicy hot but, none since they closed.
    Give me what you got!
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

I have nothing to offer, however this post has inspired me to get some al pastor for lunch. Thanks H!

Comment

I wish I could still eat spicy food. That shit fuck's me up now!

Comment

It's hard to disagree with a Mexican when it comes to tacos, but today is the day!

I believe what makes a proper al pastor is the use of achiote. That's what gives it that flavor. I've eaten al pastor in a lot of places and it has NEVER been sold spicy. It gets spicy when I cover it in habanero salsa though.

Best al pastor tacos I ever had was in Tulum, MX at a little taqueria on the main drag. They did it right - layers of bright red achiote marinated pork interleaved with layers of pineapple, with an open fire roasting it as it spun on a spit. When you ordered the tacos, they stop the spit and machete off a couple of pieces onto a corn tortilla, then put it on a plate with cilantro, cibolla, and salsa verde. Damn son! Now I'm hungry!!

Let me know if you find some spicy ones, I always gotta add salsa for that kick. I'd be interested in trying some.
        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I am far from an expert and once I moved out on my own I hardly eat tex-mex around here, I was just asking if anyone knew of a place that made Pastor that was spicy.
          And those TaP you described from Mexico sound absolutely delicious, Danny!

Corpus Christi, San Antonio and Austin have the best Tex Mex in Texas...
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
            It's hard to disagree with a Mexican when it comes to tacos, but today is the day!

I believe what makes a proper al pastor is the use of achiote. That's what gives it that flavor. I've eaten al pastor in a lot of places and it has NEVER been sold spicy. It gets spicy when I cover it in habanero salsa though.

Best al pastor tacos I ever had was in Tulum, MX at a little taqueria on the main drag. They did it right - layers of bright red achiote marinated pork interleaved with layers of pineapple, with an open fire roasting it as it spun on a spit. When you ordered the tacos, they stop the spit and machete off a couple of pieces onto a corn tortilla, then put it on a plate with cilantro, cibolla, and salsa verde. Damn son! Now I'm hungry!!

Let me know if you find some spicy ones, I always gotta add salsa for that kick. I'd be interested in trying some.
            I rarely came across food served spicey when I lived in Mexico.. That's what the chile was for..

Comment

I'm taking on this name if I ever become a pastor in a Mexican area.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                I am far from an expert and once I moved out on my own I hardly eat tex-mex around here, I was just asking if anyone knew of a place that made Pastor that was spicy.

Corpus Christi, San Antonio and Austin have the best Tex Mex in Texas...
                Panchos on Rufe snow is the best Tex Mex in Texas...

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                  Man, I gotta find a place that does them like this. It's making my mouth water.

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Try Trompo on Singleton, Danny. I haven't been yet but I've heard good things. And obviously, they cook on trompos
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Most Al Pastor I've had wasn't very spicy either. If you are after some spicy pork, go to Gonzalez (either location) and order the Asado de Puerco. It's not Al Pastor, but that's some spicy pork. When I was really young it was my favorite dish. I still love the taste, I'm just not sure I can handle an entire serving anymore.

Comment

There are some shell gas stations that sell them and are pretty good, there is one off loop 12 and grawyler* that have the trompo there they cut it from, there is also on off 635 and MacArthur

Originally posted by DOHCTR
                        You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

I haven't had tacos in a while, might pick up some al pastor later on tonight.
                          Originally posted by talisman
                          I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                          Originally posted by AdamLX
                          If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          Because fuck you, that's why
                          Originally posted by 80coupe
                          nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                          Originally posted by Rick Modena
                          ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                          Originally posted by Jester
                          Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Working...
                          X