DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > The Garage > The Racing Lounge

The Racing Lounge Track events and results, kill stories.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2011, 06:03 PM   #21
91CoupeMike
Whiney Birch!!!
 
91CoupeMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbes View Post
your car has to start first
It starts every morning.
91CoupeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:03 PM   #22
forbes
Serving Time
 
forbes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: plano
Posts: 1,816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobraman View Post
She be more useful blowing me while I made a pass.

Oh wait, The extra weight would slow me down. Nm.
have you even hit puberty yet?
forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:04 PM   #23
80coupe
Gumby!
 
80coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 4,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
Bejamin buttons??
80coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:04 PM   #24
91CoupeMike
Whiney Birch!!!
 
91CoupeMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobraman View Post
She be more useful blowing me while I made a pass.

Oh wait, The extra weight would slow me down. Nm.
Every 100lbs is a tenth.

So instead of a 9.0 you can expect a 9.5
91CoupeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:05 PM   #25
91CoupeMike
Whiney Birch!!!
 
91CoupeMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbes View Post
have you even hit puberty yet?
Ask your wife!
91CoupeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:05 PM   #26
91CoupeMike
Whiney Birch!!!
 
91CoupeMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80coupe View Post
So we runnin them?

Battle of the turds, they say!
91CoupeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:07 PM   #27
Steve
Gone fishing..
 
Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 23,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
I'll make an 8 second pass.
It was too hot..


I was sandbagging, can't let you guys know how it's done...

Track prep was shit..


If I had the other lane....

My tires were too sticky and slowed me down..

My tires were bald...

My shifter broke in fear of my highly over skilled driving..

There was a big head wind...

I had to lift because everytime the front wheels left the ground I was afraid I was gonna break..

I was launching soft. I didn't want to break an axle on my street tires with that torque I have...

I saw another fox there that ran a 6.30. So take away the heads, cam, intake and juice, we have the same car so I know my would have ran a 8.999 so I didn't bother..
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:07 PM   #28
Cobraman
Fo Fi Six
 
Cobraman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbes View Post
have you even hit puberty yet?
Nope. I'm only 13.
Cobraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:07 PM   #29
80coupe
Gumby!
 
80coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 4,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
So we runnin them?

Battle of the turds, they say!
dont know yet that's a hike for me. ill be there just dont know if i taking the car!
80coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:09 PM   #30
91CoupeMike
Whiney Birch!!!
 
91CoupeMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
It was too hot..


I was sandbagging, can't let you guys know how it's done...

Track prep was shit..


If I had the other lane....

My tires were too sticky and slowed me down..

My tires were bald...

My shifter broke in fear of my highly over skilled driving..

There was a big head wind...

I had to lift because everytime the front wheels left the ground I was afraid I was gonna break..

I was launching soft. I didn't want to break an axle on my street tires with that torque I have...

I saw another fox there that ran a 6.30. So take away the heads, cam, intake and juice, we have the same car so I know my would have ran a 8.999 so I didn't bother..
Lol, alright man.

What do I get when I break the 8s??
91CoupeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:11 PM   #31
91CoupeMike
Whiney Birch!!!
 
91CoupeMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80coupe View Post
dont know yet that's a hike for me. ill be there just dont know if i taking the car!
Either way I'll come and shake your hand, it ain't all about racin..

Forgot you will be sitting at 3500rpm the whole way!
91CoupeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:12 PM   #32
Steve
Gone fishing..
 
Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 23,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
Lol, alright man.

What do I get when I break the 8s??
A cookie..
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:12 PM   #33
Cobraman
Fo Fi Six
 
Cobraman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
Either way I'll come and shake your hand, it ain't all about racin..

Forgot you will be sitting at 3500rpm the whole way!
No big deal. I did that wit dem Fo fi sixes.
Cobraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:13 PM   #34
Cobraman
Fo Fi Six
 
Cobraman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
A cookie..
Quoted for later.
Cobraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:13 PM   #35
91CoupeMike
Whiney Birch!!!
 
91CoupeMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
A cookie..
Bring some!

Wait.. Youre not even going to be there.

I'll have someone send you a text when it does the "impossible" lol!!
91CoupeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:14 PM   #36
forbes
Serving Time
 
forbes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: plano
Posts: 1,816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
Lol, alright man.

What do I get when I break the 8s??
who's car are u gonna use?
forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:14 PM   #37
racrguy
Banned
 
racrguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: I am the Stig
Posts: 13,558
Default

This should be good. Someone get this stuff on film for those of us who like to change directions when we race.
racrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:14 PM   #38
91CoupeMike
Whiney Birch!!!
 
91CoupeMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobraman View Post
No big deal. I did that wit dem Fo fi sixes.
I do that with 3:73s in 5th gear.

120+mph aint no thang..
91CoupeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:15 PM   #39
Steve
Gone fishing..
 
Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 23,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
Bring some!

Wait.. Youre not even going to be there.

I'll have someone send you a text when it does the "impossible" lol!!
You realize that a 8.99/9.00 pass is about equal to a 14.0 1/4 mile pass right?
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:15 PM   #40
91CoupeMike
Whiney Birch!!!
 
91CoupeMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbes View Post
who's car are u gonna use?
My very own.
91CoupeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mikeisslow, no8's

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:46 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.