Copper River Salmon ---

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copper River Salmon ---

Get it while it lasts. Tom Thumb by me has it for $10.99/lb, and they had a lot of it. They'll have about ten less pounds when I get off.

Do yourself a favor and check your Tom Thumbs/Krogers before paying $39/lb that Central Market charges. For those that don't know, this is hands down, the absolute best salmon you'll ever get. It's only available for 2-3 weeks out of the year. It's when they make the Copper River run, and it sells quick, moreso in recent years as the secret is getting out. Take everything you think you know about salmon, and throw it out the window. This is very different. Deep, dark red, not faded washed out pink. VERY lean. Not very fishy, and doesn't have near the "mercury bite" that most salmon does.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

x5
    Shit is good. Gonna have to pick up a few lbs

thanks for heads up...completely forgot

Comment

can you post some recipes, I've never really had salmon and me and the lady have been wanting to try it.

Comment

Thanks, Brent. You are absolutely correct on how much better it is. I'll be making a trip this evening.

Comment

I may have to check this out. I missed it last time and didn't know about it prior to that.

I use a variation of this recipe. It's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
            can you post some recipes, I've never really had salmon and me and the lady have been wanting to try it.
            Man, I don't have any. I don't really use recipes, I just prepare with whatever I'm in the mood for that night. You can blacken it on the grill (Zataran's). You can soak cedar planks in water, coat the fish with EVOO, and sprinkle with fresh herbs and grill. You can whip up some butter with fresh herbs, and pan sear, or do the same but with EVOO. You can bake it in white wine and fresh herbs, etc.

Being a fish, fresh herbs (rosemary, dill, basil, etc) and citrus all compliment really well. Dill is enough to stand on its own without combining with other herbs.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
              I use a variation of this recipe. It's awesome.
              http://allrecipes.com/recipe/salmon-...emon-and-dill/
              I've made something similar as well, and it's pretty damn tasty. A tip to those that may try this - use actual juice from a lemon. Don't use the bottled RealLemon stuff. Makes for a much more fresh flavor. RealLemon more often than not (depends on what you're cooking) will give off a bitter flavor. I always use fresh citrus, and it's so much better.

Comment

I actually use orange juice instead of lemon, but use the fresh lemon rings

Comment

Thanks Brent, I don't normally cook fish so appreciate the help in the right direction.

Comment

i'll have to stop by tom thumb later and check it out.

I ate a lot of fish as a kid and i mean a lot, i pretty much got tired of it.
                    Originally posted by 03trubluGT
                    Your opinion is what sucks.
                    You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

Thats a damn good price!

Comment

I have 20lbs of speckled & sand trout to get out of my fridge or I would buy out tom thumb

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
                          I have 20lbs of speckled & sand trout to get out of my fridge or I would buy out tom thumb
                          Throw that shit out. lmao

Comment

Hmmmm, I may make the old lady make a run up to Tom Thumb. It would at least put her to some good use.

Is it displayed with that name? Copper River Salmon? Nothing on Tom thumbs website comes up.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                              Hmmmm, I may make the old lady make a run up to Tom Thumb. It would at least put her to some good use.

Is it displayed with that name? Copper River Salmon? Nothing on Tom thumbs website comes up.

i only searched the one by my job(frisco).. they have it.
                              Originally posted by 03trubluGT
                              Your opinion is what sucks.
                              You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

Working...
                              X