Copper River Salmon ---

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
    Hmmmm, I may make the old lady make a run up to Tom Thumb. It would at least put her to some good use.

Is it displayed with that name? Copper River Salmon? Nothing on Tom thumbs website comes up.
    Not all of them get it. My TT didn't get any last year, but Kroger had it for twice the price. Since word is getting out, restaurants are trying to buy it all up, and what is left makes it to retail. But again, they don't all get it.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      Not all of them get it. My TT didn't get any last year, but Kroger had it for twice the price. Since word is getting out, restaurants are trying to buy it all up, and what is left makes it to retail. But again, they don't all get it.
      my wife was at the store earlier and they only had atlantic.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Thank you very much for this.
        I will be making a trip there after work.
        I hate Salmon(due to the fishy flavor), so I am going to give this stuff a try while I can.
        $9.99 at the location by me and I confirmed they have at least 10lbs, so I am headed there after work as well.
        Last edited by stangin4lyfe; 06-08-2012, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post

Thank you very much for this.
          I will be making a trip there after work.
          I hate Salmon(due to the fishy flavor), so I am going to give this stuff a try while I can.
          And I find salmon to be one of the least fishy tasting.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
            And I find salmon to be one of the least fishy tasting.
            Maybe it's the mercury bite then.

Comment

It has a lighter taste to it, if that makes any sense. At least that's my opinion. Fresh tuna is by far the fishiest I've ever experienced.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                Throw that shit out. lmao
                No way I caught it 3 days ago haha. It's goin in my GOD DERN FRIER anywhoo

Comment

i ended up going to krogers on the way home instead. They had it in Frisco too (main and teel)

I'll make this sunday probably, im gonna cook the ribeyes tonight.

funny thing was my friend posted this on facebook earlier
                  2nd round... First shift was weak.

Features of the night.
                  Copper river salmon
                  Yellow fin tuna
                  Crawfish

Only two weaks left to get lousianas finest crawfish.
                  Happy hour 4 -7
                  Make nates ur stop tonight
                  and yes i noticed the weaks part... hahaha
                  Originally posted by 03trubluGT
                  Your opinion is what sucks.
                  You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

What I mean by mercury bite is that salmon has this metal tasting, almost tin like bite to it. Kinda sticks to your teeth. You don't get that with CR. I don't really know what the fuck it is, that's just what I have always called it.

Comment

The Central Market in FTW had it on sale last week for $17.99 a pound, and this Tom Thumb deal is so much better. Very good eating.

Comment

Picked up 10 lbs. I'll throw down on it here in a bit, still trying to decide what I'm in the mood for.

Comment

Central Mkt has it for $14.99 per lb, just was there. Didn't pick any up, but they do have it at the Southlake location.

mstng86, yes, the sign says just that, Copper River Salmon.

Comment

Picked up 10lbs, I went through 7 in 2 meals already though.
                            Probably going to get another 10 this afternoon.

Comment

It was good but i rarely ever try salmon.

My girl loved it, i used the recipe cwo posted.
                              Originally posted by 03trubluGT
                              Your opinion is what sucks.
                              You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

I picked up 2.5 lbs at the TT on Harwood near 360. $9.99/lb with card, and I signed up for that at the register.

I want to throw it on the smoker, but my boss said "no" to that. I'll post up some pics later.

Wish I had seen this before I went to the store, no fresh basil at the station.
                                [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DacSlN43zg[/ame]
                                Last edited by hotrod66stang; 06-11-2012, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X