No announcement yet.

Copper River Salmon ---

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not worth the premium to me, I've had it twice now. No better than the regular stuff IMO.

Comment

I eat salmon about once a week, so i think ill notice a difference if it exists. Will report back in a few days.

Comment

can't find it in A town at any Kroger or Tom Thumb. I like the stuff that I've been buying at Costco

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
          Not worth the premium to me, I've had it twice now. No better than the regular stuff IMO.
          That's crazy talk, Tim.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

sorry man

I guess Sprout's Run-o-the-mill salmon is just THAT good

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
              Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              That's crazy talk, Tim.
              uh oh... you just stepped in perpetual shit
              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Definitely different and worth it. Its hard to explain the difference but everyone loved it.

Thanks again for the heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                  uh oh... you just stepped in perpetual shit

You are 100% right, and the entire beef industry is wrong. Makes perfect sense. Does that make you feel better?

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                  Definitely different and worth it. Its hard to explain the difference but everyone loved it.

Well, it's a much deeper red than the normal washed out pink salmon, that looks unsafe to eat. It's much more lean, and much more flavorful. Less fishy too, IMO, and less of that Mercury bite salmon has. It's not farm raised, and that alone is worth the premium to me.

I don't shop at Sprout's, Central Market, or Whole Foods unless I have to go there for something very specific a . Sprouts could very well have some high quality steelhead or something at times, but I don't see any way it is as good as fresh. The only other salmon I've had that comes close was fresh caught off the coast of Washington, in a net so the fish don't fight the line, and it was cooked right there on the boat minutes after dragging the net in. It was phenomenal, but obviously, it's not feasible to do that every time you get a hankering for salmon, so copper River is the best you'll ever find in stores.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I know nothing of salmon besides I love it. Don't think I've had copper river, but I usually buy two different kinds of salmon at heb. One is very lean/dry (the dry sensation is probably bc of how lean it is, it's not actually "dry") and the other is much more oily/fatty. I prefer the latter just because it's more succulent

Usually gets pan seared or tossed on a griddle

Comment

The texture was also different and better than cheap salmon, but i couldnt put it into words. It was leaner, but not dry as well. It flaked differently than the salmon i typically get.

There was actually not much flavor from the meat itself, but the flavor that was missing was the bad flavor while it retained the good.

I still prefer swordfish steaks, but this is a nice change of pace. Very good and heathy enough for a nice meal.

Comment

How'd you cook it? We're having it for dinner tonight.
                        Originally posted by davbrucas
                        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Really simple...just threw some seafood magic on top, cooked it top side down in a skillet for a bit, then flipped it to skin side down until the scallops, potatoes and veggies were done.

I wanted to limit the outside seasonings and flavors so i could tell if there was a difference.

Howd it work for you?

Comment

Salmon and sweet potato twice a week minimum.

Comment

Really simple...just threw some seafood magic on top, cooked it top side down in a skillet for a bit, then flipped it to skin side down until the scallops, potatoes and veggies were done.

I wanted to limit the outside seasonings and flavors so i could tell if there was a difference.

Howd it work for you?
                              Damned good. Ended up doing it in the cast iron in the oven, 8 minutes at 400. Prep was just olive oil, sea salt, and ground pepper. I love that it's not as fishy as the salmon we typically get. We do fish one night a week, but it's mainly tuna steaks or swordfish steaks because I got tired of salmon.
                              Originally posted by davbrucas
                              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Is this the same stuff?

Comment

Working...
                                X