Performance driving schools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance driving schools

I'm looking for any personal experience or recommendations for a performance type driving school for my son's senior trip this summer. He is 18 and his cousin is 19 both have no track experience but of course enthusiasts.

It does not necessarily have to be local as I thought I would make a road trip out of it as I'm sure just a single day of on track or seat time is going to have significant costs.

Bondurant, Barber.... something else??

I like Apex Driving Academy at MSR in Cresson. 1005 safety record, never had an accident.

All of the above is true. Full disclosure I have some interest in the business.

Comment

Pm aggie97
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by 71pantera View Post
        I like Apex Driving Academy at MSR in Cresson. 1005 safety record, never had an accident.

All of the above is true. Full disclosure I have some interest in the business.
        John is a good egg...cracked! But a good egg! Apex is a great school and local there in DFW area. I instructed for them for years. Great folks and a safe track.

Comment

Took the course at Bondurant. Was fun, and learned a lot. I wonder if they still have the van introduction.
          Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Yes the van ride is still the "opening act". We just attended the class last week. We did the 2 day HPD class (high performance driving) in manual shift Hellcat Challengers. It was my first time on a road course or autocross track. Only bad thing is, now I would like to find a Mustang GT with recaros and the brembo package to use for open track days and autocross events.

Comment

X2

I like Apex Driving Academy at MSR in Cresson.

Comment

Working...
              X