World title fight at the Star!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World title fight at the Star!

For those of you that dont know...a dallas boy (errol spence jr) will be defending his welterweight world title at the Star in Frisco tonight.

The fight will be on showtime if you didn't buy tickets.

KO round 1. Still the champ! Body shot dropped him!

Comment

Yup...everyone around us was either confused or disappointed because it happened so quick. They didn't know it was a big mismatch going into it I guess (it was a lot of people that dont watch much boxing).

Still super happy we made it out and expected it to end by the third going into it. Granados/fortuna was awesome as well but dumbass Granados went for the tackle and killed any chance of that fight finishing.

I dont think I'll ever get seats that good to a welterweight world title fight for $105 or whatever they were. At least not in the states.

Comment

I changed it to the main fight a little to late...I know what time it started and when i changed over fight had ended lol
        Originally posted by Da Prez
        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

I thought there was going to be a race war.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
            I thought there was going to be a race war.
            Lol huh? I actually didn't see any drama. I did have to warn the wife that it wasn't going to look like a typical Frisco event, but the people were actually a lot of fun. Probably more so than your typical frisco crowd.

If we didn't have a sick kiddo back home may have stayed around to get rowdy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              Lol huh? I actually didn't see any drama. I did have to warn the wife that it wasn't going to look like a typical Frisco event, but the people were actually a lot of fun. Probably more so than your typical frisco crowd.

If we didn't have a sick kiddo back home may have stayed around to get rowdy.
              Most of the hispanics were gone by the time I bailed. There was just a lot of shit talking before hand.

Comment

oh and just for those who didn't really know about Spence Dallas has another new world champion at the 140lb division his name is Maurice Hooker and he is now the WBO world junior welterweight champion
                Last edited by OMEGA DOOM; 08-12-2018, 01:48 PM.
                RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010. your always in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.

Comment

Originally posted by OMEGA DOOM View Post
                  oh and just for those who didn't really know about Spence Dallas has another new world champion at the 14lb division his name is Maurice Hooker and he is now the WBO world junior welterweight champion
                  I was surprised he got the nod in that fight given that it was over seas. Glad to see him win and ge earned that big time.

Crazy to think that both r&r and maple ave have world champs now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                    I was surprised he got the nod in that fight given that it was over seas. Glad to see him win and ge earned that big time.

Crazy to think that both r&r and maple ave have world champs now.
                    well neither of these guys started at those gyms though and Errol has clearly stated that he learned his body attack at Viveros Gym and Maurice has hopped a few Gyms himself Maple Ave did not make him the fighter he is but the owner did invest in him and got him to where he needed to be so cudos to Maple Ave for that.
                    RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010. your always in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.

Comment

Working...
                    X