DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > The Garage > The Racing Lounge

The Racing Lounge Track events and results, kill stories.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2011, 12:00 AM   #41
White_lightning
Lifer
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 14,882
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VETTKLR View Post
Hide ya kids, Hide ya wife
what kinda power is your monster pushing these days?
__________________
2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.
White_lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:01 AM   #42
Steve
Gone fishing..
 
Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 23,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
You mean to tell me the motor didnt get hurt at the mile after it was converted to e85?
Are you sure you're thinking of the right car? He hasn't converted to E85 yet. The car has been sitting for over a year now since hurting the transmission. I'll call him and ask him tomorrow to see what's up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_lightning View Post
im SURE if foof really wanted to run a fast vette.. there are SEVERAL 900+ rwhp vettes on DR who would have been more then happy to line up with him. he's like hollywood jnr.. 1400 rwhp but no one is worthy to race him.
I have no doubt the DR guys are down to race. But as I said, his car is broke, he lives in Oklahoma and buried in law school. He hasn't driven it in at least a year I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
We dont talk about DR around Steve. He throws a fit and calls me names.
LOL, I have no real issues with DR, it's just fun to get them, especially you, all riled up. You're hot tempered as hell and it's fun to fuck with you. We've never met, we don't know eachother, so there is no way I could seriously dislike you. lol. Your brother Josh and I get along great, he's good people. I'm sure you and I would get along just fine too. DR is full of good people, badass cars. Next time I see Ricky, I have every intention of apologizing to him for laughing at his misfortune. He didn't deserve it and I was a jerk for doing so.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:06 AM   #43
Sam88gta1
high 5!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 614
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
LOL, I have no real issues with DR, it's just fun to get them, especially you, all riled up. You're hot tempered as hell and it's fun to fuck with you. We've never met, we don't know eachother, so there is no way I could seriously dislike you. lol. Your brother Josh and I get along great, he's good people. I'm sure you and I would get along just fine too. DR is full of good people, badass cars. Next time I see Ricky, I have every intention of apologizing to him for laughing at his misfortune. He didn't deserve it and I was a jerk for doing so.
Dude im mellow as they come.
I dont get riled up.
Sam88gta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:11 AM   #44
White_lightning
Lifer
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 14,882
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
Dude im mellow as they come.
I dont get riled up.
I think Steve has KellyItus.. he think's hes getting under your skin.. when he really isnt.
__________________
2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.
White_lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:11 AM   #45
Steve
Gone fishing..
 
Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 23,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
Dude im mellow as they come.
I dont get riled up.
Good to know. I don't hold any ill will towards you or anyone over there. Dave has always spoken highly of you and I trust his judgement. The DR thing is my own fault for being a hot tempered jerk last year. I'm way past that now.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:12 AM   #46
Steve
Gone fishing..
 
Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 23,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_lightning View Post
I think Steve has KellyItus.. he think's hes getting under your skin.. when he really isnt.
I just get caught up with the banter, it's funny to me and my warped sense of humor. I'm doing my best to tone it down these days.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:14 AM   #47
VETTKLR
Lifer
 
VETTKLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_lightning View Post
what kinda power is your monster pushing these days?
I haven't touched it, power-wise. It's all the same since the original build. It still rolls around @ 681hp on 91 octane for the most part. About twice a summer, I'll come across some serious shit and I'll throw 5 gallons of 109 unleaded in the mix for somewhere around 800-850hp to go play. So far, so good.

We never did go back for bigger numbers with tighter-gapped plugs...or look into E-85...one of these days...
VETTKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:17 AM   #48
Steve
Gone fishing..
 
Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 23,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VETTKLR View Post
I haven't touched it, power-wise. It's all the same since the original build. It still rolls around @ 681hp on 91 octane for the most part. About twice a summer, I'll come across some serious shit and I'll throw 5 gallons of 109 unleaded in the mix for somewhere around 800-850hp to go play. So far, so good.

We never did go back for bigger numbers with tighter-gapped plugs...or look into E-85...one of these days...
You have any videos of it? Sounds like a beast.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:29 AM   #49
VETTKLR
Lifer
 
VETTKLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,196
Default

Here's a Hecho en Mexico Computer Generated Image of something of the sort against a buddy's TT LS2 Formula @ 800'ish HP (Twin 61's on a former nitrous-whore LS2, ran 1001hp @ 19psi)...I came into town, looking for a rear-mount, nitrous/meth injected Vette, but he blew up the night before. Go figure ...so this was one of those 5 gallons of 109 days


1st run: I run 10psi til the high end of 3rd, then clicked over to 17psi. He stays at 9psi on pump gas

2nd run: I brake boosted and he couldn't hear the horn over the wastegates. That was gonna be a full boogie run to see how many cars we could put on him.

3rd run: I stayed at 10psi just to see how hard he'd pull me...saw how hard, then clicked over to 17psi again to steal the lead back lol

That's the best vid of it. Love the daylight runs...also easy for my buddy at Industrial Light & Magic to superimpose the cars and add sound effects. Thank you, George Lucas



Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR-1
VETTKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:36 AM   #50
Steve
Gone fishing..
 
Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 23,129
Default

Badass car sir! Nice to see a daytime vid for a change too. That orange car is sitting at TrueStreet Motorsports right now. It's a neat car as well.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:37 AM   #51
slownbmta
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VETTKLR View Post
Here's a Hecho en Mexico Computer Generated Image of something of the sort against a buddy's TT LS2 Formula @ 800'ish HP (Twin 61's on a former nitrous-whore LS2, ran 1001hp @ 19psi)...I came into town, looking for a rear-mount, nitrous/meth injected Vette, but he blew up the night before. Go figure ...so this was one of those 5 gallons of 109 days


1st run: I run 10psi til the high end of 3rd, then clicked over to 17psi. He stays at 9psi on pump gas

2nd run: I brake boosted and he couldn't hear the horn over the wastegates. That was gonna be a full boogie run to see how many cars we could put on him.

3rd run: I stayed at 10psi just to see how hard he'd pull me...saw how hard, then clicked over to 17psi again to steal the lead back lol

That's the best vid of it. Love the daylight runs...also easy for my buddy at Industrial Light & Magic to superimpose the cars and add sound effects. Thank you, George Lucas



Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR-1
Nice! What size turbos do you have?
slownbmta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:12 AM   #52
VETTKLR
Lifer
 
VETTKLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Badass car sir! Nice to see a daytime vid for a change too. That orange car is sitting at TrueStreet Motorsports right now. It's a neat car as well.
Thanks, Steve. It's been a lot of fun. I treat that Cobra like the SR-71...somebody goes out and gets crazy, we click it up a notch and takeoff.


Quote:
Originally Posted by slownbmta View Post
Nice! What size turbos do you have?
Thanks, bud! They're Precision 67's with a .68 A/R hotside. A little big and a little laggy, but it's exactly what I wanted. The dyno graphs ramp up like the shit you see Travis Pastrana jumping off of, right out of Nitro Circus



VETTKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:43 AM   #53
Rlhay2
The Black Sheriff
 
Rlhay2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Next time I see Ricky, I have every intention of apologizing to him for laughing at his misfortune. He didn't deserve it and I was a jerk for doing so.
Rlhay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:05 AM   #54
Juiced4v
El Coyote
 
Juiced4v's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: The Colony, Mexico
Posts: 11,871
Default

Bad ass Cobra VETTKLR!


Thanks for the new sig
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez View Post
Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VETTKLR View Post


Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1
Juiced4v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:32 AM   #55
quikag
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,834
Default

It's ZR1, not ZR-1. ZR-1 is the '90-'95 models. So, saying you can beat a ZR-1 is like saying you can beat up your grandma.

Anyone know the guy who has a Cobra with license plate "ZR1LOL"?
__________________
GM
Toyota
VAG
quikag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:27 AM   #56
White_lightning
Lifer
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 14,882
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikag View Post
It's ZR1, not ZR-1. ZR-1 is the '90-'95 models. So, saying you can beat a ZR-1 is like saying you can beat up your grandma.

Anyone know the guy who has a Cobra with license plate "ZR1LOL"?
im SHOCKED that no one has said " anyone who bought a Zr1 is so DUMB!!!!!! you should have bought a FOX for 2000, put 50k into it and killed everyone!!!"
__________________
2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.
White_lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:30 AM   #57
slownbmta
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,828
Default

I want to change to 67's later, I just have 57's now
slownbmta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:17 PM   #58
VETTKLR
Lifer
 
VETTKLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,196
Default

I think stretch may have some laying around. He tried a pair out on his white TT cobra before he sold it a couple weeks ago
VETTKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:39 PM   #59
White_lightning
Lifer
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 14,882
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VETTKLR View Post
I think stretch may have some laying around. He tried a pair out on his white TT cobra before he sold it a couple weeks ago
do you have any of your dynos you can post? im interested to compare it to my slug.
__________________
2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.
White_lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:15 PM   #60
VETTKLR
Lifer
 
VETTKLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,196
Default

Sure thing, Dave


18psi, if I remember correctly:
VETTKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:05 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.