DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > The Garage > The Racing Lounge

The Racing Lounge Track events and results, kill stories.

Old 01-02-2019, 09:17 PM   #61
AnthonyS
Lifer

I’d ideally get a trade in for subs or a good cam and then buy the other. I’ve already bought two cams, but if someone trades one to me I could buy subs. I have lots of SN95 body parts, a perfect dash, a mac catback with polished SS tips, and grey interior parts to trade. I’ve also got lakewood drag struts and shocks and sn95 control as and spindles to trade. I can afford to trade away value to get what I need for the project too. As for cash sales I’m already over on that.
AnthonyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 12:19 PM   #62
Baron Von Crowder
asshole with an opinion
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blandnuts View Post
MM subframes have a thicker wall compared to the ebay brands. That might or might not have an impact on the price and quality of the subframes.
not an argument with that, but the inspection that this car is about to go through is very similar to what ive been doing for 10 years, and when someone brings a well prepped car full of ebay parts, the budget numbers are easier to swallow. I mean, this car only has to drive two or three times.
Old 01-03-2019, 01:19 PM   #63
AnthonyS
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
not an argument with that, but the inspection that this car is about to go through is very similar to what ive been doing for 10 years, and when someone brings a well prepped car full of ebay parts, the budget numbers are easier to swallow. I mean, this car only has to drive two or three times.
I agree with all youíre saying but Iím inclined to build something good that will have a future life. Iím also partially inclined to drive this car there race it, and then drive it home because it should.

In good news buyer bought me SVE subs (mm copy) and will trading them plus cash to me for my parts.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:48 AM   #64
AnthonyS
Lifer

Parts car might’ve been sent to scrap Saturday. I think I started pulling the nasty grey interior out of the white car too. I will have to check tonight. I might also be selling another $300 in parts tonight. I think I’ve already recouped all the money the rules will allow me to, sadly.
Old 01-07-2019, 09:30 PM   #65
AnthonyS
Lifer

Why the move.... this is back porch fiction. There is no car.... my garage isnít full of Porsche and Ford parts.... and there are not 8 tires and 12 wheels in the back of my truck right now.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:30 AM   #66
Gasser64
Lifer

Post pics of the car
Old 01-09-2019, 07:55 AM   #67
AnthonyS
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasser64 View Post
Post pics of the car
I have tons of them but posting pics here is a pain in the ass. Photbucket or any other free hosting site I’ve seen wants way too much info these days.

It’s a white GT with grey interior. I’m currently stripping out most of the interior and putting the black interior in the car. I’m also putting on the new tires and wheels today and the new windshield goes in too.

Or maybe this car doesn’t exist at all.... so there are no photos. Or perhaps maybe you can see it live on the challenge website in October.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:04 AM   #68
Gasser64
Lifer

even imgur seems to have gone to hell. I can't login, and they won't accept any new account I attempt to make.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:56 AM   #69
AnthonyS
Lifer

Quote:
even imgur seems to have gone to hell. I can't login, and they won't accept any new account I attempt to make.
I tried it too; wanted way too much personal info.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:04 AM   #70
Magnus
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
Photbucket or any other free hosting site I’ve seen wants way too much info these days.
They really don't though . . . .

Old 01-11-2019, 09:46 AM   #71
AnthonyS
Lifer

Honestly if a few people are somewhat interested, I will just pay photobucket and share photos. I have about 100 so far including the trips to get both cars and the 95 part out. I had an engine rebuild class last night but I will be working on the 94 more this weekend. Iím hoping to finish up the interior this weekend.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:59 PM   #72
AnthonyS
Lifer

Maybe my project car looks something like this.... maybe it doesnít.... maybe it doesnít exist at all. Get your butt to FL or keep an eye out at local car events if you want to find..... or not.

Old Yesterday, 06:47 AM   #73
Gasser64
Lifer

First things first - 3" lowering springs and 18" wheels.
Old Yesterday, 08:40 AM   #74
AnthonyS
Lifer

Quote:
First things first - 3" lowering springs and 18" wheels.
I have a few suspension parts and itís already on 17x9s with new rubber..... or maybe it isnít. I just didnít want to show photos at my new house.
Old Yesterday, 04:47 PM   #75
Gasser64
Lifer

Anybody agree with me on that? That these cars need to be lowered a full 3" to look right. Granted you won't be using stock wheels when doing it.
Old Yesterday, 06:26 PM   #76
AnthonyS
Lifer

Quote:
Anybody agree with me on that? That these cars need to be lowered a full 3" to look right. Granted you won't be using stock wheels when doing it.
I totally agree. With the 17s and 255/40 rubber right now it almost looks lifted. It's hideous. I have Steeda springs, MM C/C plates, a tubular K member, rear control arms and Tokico D spec shocks to install soon. I have the Lakewoods I took off the parts car for sale. I also have a very nice exhaust system to install. I also have a built 31 spline rear. I'm swapping interior parts now since the grey in this car was pretty ratty and it was smoked in. I'm installing the nice black interior from the parts car in it's place. If it weren't going to be so damned cold I wanted to finish that this next weekend.

Then I need to sell my blue car to clear space and then register this one and do all the suspension parts. Then I will start taking it to events and seeing how it runs. Then add some power..... then attempt a 10 footer paint job.
Old Yesterday, 06:50 PM   #77
BMCSean
Always lurking

Or will you?!?
BMCSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:51 PM   #78
BMCSean
Always lurking

My old sn95 was on sportlines, it handled ok but rode pretty rough on normal driving. Post some updated pics!
BMCSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:10 PM   #79
AnthonyS
Lifer

Parts car I got from Idaho.

Iíd have loved to have gotten it running again and built it, but rust got to it. It had subframes welded in but never painted so they rusted out and hurt the chassis too. Iím not keeping a rusted chassis long term. The front end also got hit pretty hard messing up the core support and crossmember. This car came with so many cool parts I decided to do the challenge because of it.

Start of part out.

Parted out and sent to apache salvage. We removed about 2000 lbs of parts between myself, son, and a friend.

Gonna use his lift to swap rears on the white car.

But maybe itís all fake.
Old Yesterday, 07:14 PM   #80
AnthonyS
Lifer

Wheels and tires done at christensen bros. I spend way too much on tires. They are on the white car now. The four it came with were bald and one barely held air for a day. I will autoX and drag race these while getting ready for the event. These are 200 TW DOT legal autoX tires. I hope they hook decent too.

Have a lot to do still but its almost a legal running CAM T car. I also got a new helmet since I haven’t raced in a long time.

I have a storage unit and garage with too many parts too. I need to get it pared down to what I need for my project and sell more. I’ve also got other parts in the garage for other cars. It’s going to be a busy year.

Last edited by AnthonyS; Yesterday at 07:21 PM.

Tags
anthonys = naynayís bitch, anthonys maybe broke, anthonys maybe gay, he gives a fuck, i pooped 2day or did i, nay want anthony dik asap, naynay butt raped anthony, no 401k slips no care, no one cares about sn95's, no reason to post build, sn95s are great youfag, sn95s suck balls, tag makers give a fuck, tag makers give no fucks, taggers cant afford one, who gives a fuck, why u gaying up sn95s, yo anthonys - stfu, you give a fuck