Question about Jesus Christ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The King View Post
    So you know then that the Old Testament detailed, among other things, the First Covenant and the Keeping of God's Laws. Why then do you dispute that theology is indeed concerned with law?
    You mean the laws that were already in place before God magically wrote them down on two tablets from the side of a mountain? Those laws.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Your lack of O.T. knowledge is showing here. The laws detailed therein went far beyond those written by the Hand of God on those two tablets you referenced, each of which were identical.

Comment

Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
        No, it's a famous line from a famous movie.
        He just needed hats for his bats.

Comment

Your lack of O.T. knowledge is showing here. The laws detailed therein went far beyond those written by the Hand of God on those two tablets you referenced, each of which were identical.
          So the fairy tale goes deeper than I know? What other laws did God steal from man?

EDIT:Who makes these tags? Haha.

Comment

For fairy tales and fairy dust, there's another thread in here that touches on those subjects.

Comment

For fairy tales and fairy dust, there's another thread in here that touches on those subjects.
              X2
              ./ ____ _ _\.
              (]]]_ o _[[[)
              \o_FORD_o/
              |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

The story of Jonah? JK, but seriously, what a ridiculous story.

You argue that science only speculates that life could've been brought to earth from a meteorite, but put full faith in a world built by an all-seeing, all-knowing entity that you were told would bring you eternal happiness as long as you believe in it. One that looks exactly like man according to a book that was written by man at a time when men completely dominated society. A book used by man as a reason to commit some seriously heinous crimes against fellow men.

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
                  The story of Jonah? JK, but seriously, what a ridiculous story.

You argue that science only speculates that life could've been brought to earth from a meteorite, but put full faith in a world built by an all-seeing, all-knowing entity that you were told would bring you eternal happiness as long as you believe in it. One that looks exactly like man according to a book that was written by man at a time when men completely dominated society. A book used by man as a reason to commit some seriously heinous crimes against fellow men.
                  No different than some men putting their full faith in science as an attempt to explain events greater than themselves. An all-seeing, all-knowing entity that looks exactly like a man? I didn't know that you had determined what God looks like, you're the first that I know of who has done so. Mankind needs no books to commit heinous crimes against fellow men. Although some may use that as an excuse to do so, it rather is their own sin that is the one and only cause of such acts.

Comment

No different than some men putting their full faith in science as an attempt to explain events greater than themselves. An all-seeing, all-knowing entity that looks exactly like a man? I didn't know that you had determined what God looks like, you're the first that I know of who has done so. Mankind needs no books to commit heinous crimes against fellow men. Although some may use that as an excuse to do so, it rather is their own sin that is the one and only cause of such acts.
                    We've already had most of this talk.

Let me see if I can find something about your second point.

Comment

Now go and get your wikipedia started up, e-sport.

Comment

Hasn't it been determined that this is what God looks like? Churches sure do use this image of God a lot.

I sure as hell didn't make that up.

Comment

Hasn't it been determined that this is what God looks like? Churches sure do use this image of God a lot.

I sure as hell didn't make that up.
                          ^^^^^
                          Agitated aren't we?

I think you are trying to portray God solely as being Jesus Christ. Let me introduce you to the concept of the Trinity: The Father (God), The Son (Jesus), The Holy Spirit. Difficult to grasp, I know, because I don't completely grasp it myself.

Comment

Genesis 1:27, God created man in His own image?
                            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
                              Genesis 1:27, God created man in His own image?
                              You can't take the bible literally though...at least not that part.

Comment

You can't take the bible literally though...at least not that part.
                                Only when it's convenient for the arguements sake, you heathen.

Comment

Working...
                                X