Cummins guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
    The one dmax my company owned had some pretty significant issues.
    The one d max we have issues with has blown up a couple of times now. Just doesn't want to pull a load.

Comment

You know all three have had issues with every model. Some more than others. But if you take good care of it then it will take care of you. I have a 2010 6.4L with 30k miles on it and I got it new back in June and it hasn't have had a problem once. But I change the oil every 3k miles and change the fuel filters every 10k miles. Plus I have mods done to it and I just got back from disney world and we drove and on the way there I got an avg of 22 mpg on the hwy. And my truck isn't a lightweight either. It's a F-350 CC SRW longed 4X4 with a tommy lift and it weighs 9k pounds empty. But as long as you take care of your truck no matter what engine it is, it should last longer then the truck itself.
      2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
        I wrench on all of them.

Along with

7.3L non turbo
        7.3L ps. Aka 444e's
        DT 466's.
        6.0L ps aka vt365's. biggest POS EVER!
        Almost every D max. The duramax hasn't been to bad for us.
        I got a buddy that wrenches on all of for a livin. Says he wouldn't pee on a cummins to put out a fire lol. I wouldn't know, I've never owned one. But he seems to think that the powerstroke is the best your money can buy.

Comment

Originally posted by Photonfanatic View Post
          I got a buddy that wrenches on all of for a livin. Says he wouldn't pee on a cummins to put out a fire lol. I wouldn't know, I've never owned one. But he seems to think that the powerstroke is the best your money can buy.
          Wow.

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

Comment

where does he wrench on all for a livin?

you should go sign up at dfwstangs.net
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
              where does he wrench on all for a livin?

you should go sign up at dfwstangs.net
              probably a ford dealership lol
              2003 oxford white cobra whipple powered corn fed
              2018 F150 RCSB 5.0

Comment

Our work trucks are 3500 duramaxs 06-11 (6 of them) 5 good ones and one piece of shit (06 model) Take it for what it's worth. We have about 20k on the 11 and no issues, truck probably weighs about 12,500 everyday of its life. We also have 3 cummins 2 05's and an 03, no major issues, between 160-230k on them. We stopped purchasing Powerstrokes when the 7.3 ended.

Comment

Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
                  I'm a member on two different powerstroke forums and I have heard nothing but great things about the ford powerstroke. And my father-n-law has 9 new duramax's for his work and he loves them all. He didn't get the new ford cause it's a new motor and didn't want to have the risk of having 9 trucks to have problems but he said he will probably switch over.

The ford engine makes 400 hp and 800 tq
                  The chevy engine makes 397 hp and 765 tq I believe
                  And both get about 20 mpg on the highway bone stock I have read.
                  My dad's 09 Powerstroke is the biggest piece of shit. It has been in the shop more days than he can count. It has nothing but problem after problem. Id highly recommend looking at a truck other than the powerstroke.

Comment

NEVER listen to said buddy again. all my cummins (5) of em are still running great 95-05 180k-410k miles.
                    my 6.0 ford diesel with 125k= broke , read up you'll soon find out, if you use your truck for what its intended buy a cummins, our ranch forman has traded in his duramax every yyear for the last 3 (all were bought new) for one problem or another, maybe he'll have better luck with the 2011, i'll stick with the cummins.

Comment

With the new trucks in 2011, Cummins is going to be the winner out of the gate for sure.

The 2011 Duramax LML motors have a DPF AND Urea system in the exhaust so not only do you have to fill up with fuel, but also with the urea for the emissions. And its a huge hassle to keep that urea tank full and if you dont keep it full it can render you helpless on the side of a road doing 25mph until you find a station that carries it.

But after that is all taken off and full dpf delete is done, the truck is a beast

But I still would go with the Cummins myself, only because I own one and wouldn't buy a GM if you gave me the money.

Comment

This has nothing to do with this thread, but I'll leave it here anyway:

Comment

^^^^^^^
                          I would like to play with that!

Comment

Originally posted by JFurst View Post
                            My dad's 09 Powerstroke is the biggest piece of shit. It has been in the shop more days than he can count. It has nothing but problem after problem. Id highly recommend looking at a truck other than the powerstroke.
                            So because your dads truck is a piece of shit then that means all of them are? Right

Comment

^^^no but its not hard to find that a whole bunch of them are...cruise on over to the powerstoke forums for your fill of broken fords, i get my heads back from the shop next week to put it back together.

Comment

The new 6.7 Powerstroke is a BEAST

Check it out

Share your videos with friends, family, and the world
                                Last edited by Stunter Bob; 12-29-2010, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X