Fevers.... Wtf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
    Grrrrreat. Too bad it was free or else I'd demand a refund if I got sick. lol
    I was at a fire station in irving working 2 years ago and got a free flu shot while they gave the guys at the station one... Promptly got sick. I seem to do better without one. *shrug*

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
      I was at a fire station in irving working 2 years ago and got a free flu shot while they gave the guys at the station one... Promptly got sick. I seem to do better without one. *shrug*
      Same here. Same with my mother. Must be something genetic. Are we bros, bro???
      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

DJ... You just need more cowbell.
        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
        dont downshift!!
        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
          Same here. Same with my mother. Must be something genetic. Are we bros, bro???
          I used to get a flu shot and every year I got the flu. No shot and no flu since. I'm pretty sure this is a stomach bug.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

After 48hrs of symptoms, Tamiflu is useless.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
              After 48hrs of symptoms, Tamiflu is useless.
              Hey the good doc is here.

Nausea, headache, fever and diarrhea. Flu?
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Infleunza doesnt always follow a definite set of symptoms...I always send a flu swab on people with fever and myalgias...+/- headache. Just treat your symptoms. Tamiflu only reduces symptoms by 24hrs and only if you start it early in the process.

With your diarrhea and nausea, you likely have a GI bug.

Comment

I know, I usually don't get one I never have. This is the first year I got one. I guess time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                    DJ... You just need more cowbell.
                    This
                    sigpic

Comment

I never get the flu shot...

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                        I never get the flu shot...
                        I thought medical personnel were required to get them?

Comment

I doubt there is any merit to it but It seems like my routine of not using that hand sanitizer shit, and generally being lazy about washing my hands actually helps build the immune system. (Yes I wash them after the bathroom)

Comment

I doubt there is any merit to it but It seems like my routine of not using that hand sanitizer shit, and generally being lazy about washing my hands actually helps build the immune system. (Yes I wash them after the bathroom)
                            That is true, the more shit you are exposed to, the better your immune system is. However, the bad thing about that is all of these new strains of virus and medicine making them stronger. How do you prepare for that?

Comment

That is true, the more shit you are exposed to, the better your immune system is. However, the bad thing about that is all of these new strains of virus and medicine making them stronger. How do you prepare for that?
                              I used to operate on this philosophy.. Hell, I didn't go to the doctor or take so much as an Advil for a good 5+ years.

Comment

I thought medical personnel were required to get them?
                                Doesnt matter what they require, I refuse to get it.

Comment

Working...
                                X