Pixel 2 vs Samsung S9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pixel 2 vs Samsung S9

I had a Samsung S9 for a little while, and the keyboard lag was horrible, so I returned it for a Pixel 2 X (should have gotten a Pixel 2 instead, XL is too big).
    I am starting to hate this damn phone, it is far behind Samsung in ease of use and options. Simple things like a separate volume control for text messages vs phone calls, shit like that. Today it took me a google search just to find where damn print screens are stored, no option in Photos to view screenshots... And for fucks sake, can they not fix the Do Not Disturb option when you create a new rule/setting??? It's been a bug forever! It turns on, but never back off...

I really should have taken back the S9 and just went back to my S7, still have it. Anyone want to buy a Pixel 2 XL? Used 1 billing cycle, half price!

Rant over

Google photos / albums / screenshots

Comment

Originally posted by FastFord19 View Post
      Google photos / albums / screenshots
      Ahh, down at the bottom of the screen. I was searching the top right options section.
      Thanks!
      Still hate this phone, lol

Comment

I've had the Pixel 2 XL for almost a year. The only issue I've had is when I upgraded to Android Pie...It started to get laggy. A Factory restore and its been blazing fast ever since. I do like the screens on the Samsung's more but they all had poor battery life and got laggy, even after factory restores.

Comment

I love my s8+

Comment

I've been really happy with my Pixel 2xl and have had it just about a year now. The only issues I really had was when I was on the beta program for the new android, which was glitchy at times. But that was to be expected, since it was beta and we were testing.. It's been rock solid since the update.

Lea finally got one a couple days ago and she says she loves it too, so far.

The google photos free cloud storage that comes with it is by far the shining star for me. I have so many pics and video at full res, it's ridiculous. Hell, we did our annual CO trip at the end of July and just on that trip I took over 23gb worth of video on my phone.. I only know that because I just downloaded it all a couple of days ago.

Comment

I picked up the Note 9 not too long ago and it's the best phone I've ever owned. I had to ditch the S7 active. It was slow and the keyboard would freeze even after resets.

Comment

I turned off the Google photo storage, I don't want them fuckers to see shit that I take a picture of!
                I will say the battery life has been pretty darn good, better than my S7 by a long shot.
                I just tried to take a video while in a text message, and you cannot zoom in/out? WTF, Samsung could at least do even that simple task.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                  I turned off the Google photo storage, I don't want them fuckers to see shit that I take a picture of!
                  I will say the battery life has been pretty darn good, better than my S7 by a long shot.
                  I just tried to take a video while in a text message, and you cannot zoom in/out? WTF, Samsung could at least do even that simple task.
                  Take a video while in a text message? Like a multitasking thing, or taking a video to attach to a message?

Either way, that may just be an app thing.. I have noticed some of their native apps are pretty stripped down, even more so when they first came out. That said, you should be able to download a different messaging and / or camera app that have more options.

Comment

You'd be wise to keep Google Photos on so you can send a link in a text TO the video you're wanting the person to see and it won't be/get all pixelated like a reg mms video does.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                      Take a video while in a text message? Like a multitasking thing, or taking a video to attach to a message?

Either way, that may just be an app thing.. I have noticed some of their native apps are pretty stripped down, even more so when they first came out. That said, you should be able to download a different messaging and / or camera app that have more options.
                      I was in the Google text message app, then hit the camera, then record. Samsung did it the same way, but I could zoom in/out with pinching the screen

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                      You'd be wise to keep Google Photos on so you can send a link in a text TO the video you're wanting the person to see and it won't be/get all pixelated like a reg mms video does.
                      Not that concerned about the quality, it was just of my 2 dogs play fighting, lol. One gets really mouthy and growls like a bear at the other.

Comment

i'd wait for the pixel 3 and the oneplus 6t to be released

Comment

Opinions on the new red phone
                          Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Originally posted by silverhatch View Post
                            opinions on the new red phone
                            $1,200

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                              i'd wait for the pixel 3 and the oneplus 6t to be released
                              owned the first Oneplus phone, their customer service basically ignored all the customers with issues and wouldn't warranty. Ill never do business with them, I dont care if they have cleaned up their act or not

Comment

Working...
                              X