Might need an attorney..Walmart fucked up my truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
    When I was a teen a buddy of mine worked there. He was mechanically inclined, and was right for the job. But he said that a co worker of his did this to a camaro. Said he didn't refill the engine with oil, because he thought that engine oil was a byproduct of the engine. Something to be drained off periodically.

And he made it all the through the hiring process, to the point where he was changing oil.
    Oh I'm quite certain they put the full 6 quarts of oil in there...all the oil dripping from the truck looks new..but it's just gushing out of the filter area..glad I made it home without losing oil pressure.

Comment

Double gasket will usually, and no gasket for dang sure, will dump quarts of oil in seconds. It won't be a drip or steady stream, it will be a flood and likely audible of the exhaust is stock or no loud surrounding noises. Literally can pump 3 quarts plus in 5-10 seconds of run time. I'd slide under and take a look at what you have going on, don't mess with anything, just visually inspect to see if anything looks apparent, possibly start it for a second to make the leak apparent. Also take the part number from the oil filter AMF do a Google search to verify its correct for your application. They'd have to over tighten it something crazy to fuck the filter adapter up, and if they cross threaded it, they would have to have put it on all the way with a filter wrench, I hope the employee wasn't that incompetent

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
        Double gasket will usually, and no gasket for dang sure, will dump quarts of oil in seconds. It won't be a drip or steady stream, it will be a flood and likely audible of the exhaust is stock or no loud surrounding noises. Literally can pump 3 quarts plus in 5-10 seconds of run time. I'd slide under and take a look at what you have going on, don't mess with anything, just visually inspect to see if anything looks apparent, possibly start it for a second to make the leak apparent. Also take the part number from the oil filter AMF do a Google search to verify its correct for your application. They'd have to over tighten it something crazy to fuck the filter adapter up, and if they cross threaded it, they would have to have put it on all the way with a filter wrench, I hope the employee wasn't that incompetent
        I attempted to get under it earlier but decided I didn't feel like cleaning up all the oil under the truck..I did start it and verify good oil pressure...let it idle for a few seconds and as expected oil started dripping from the oil filter area. Once the service manager calls me and we figure out a plan I will decide what my next steps are.

Comment

I've been burned by Wal-Mart a couple of times, both with my Lincoln. First time they failed to properly secure the cover (no idea what they call it) underneath the car and it came off while I was driving. Second time they overfilled it. Both times I contacted the Service Manager at Walmart but didn't pursue it much further.

I'm not mechanically inclined but changing my own oil is one of the few things I can do myself so I try to do it myself whenever I can. I've used Walmart when I've been in a hurry or the weather isn't good enough for me to be crawling underneath either of my vehicles. And the price for a synthetic oil change isn't bad either.

Anyway, one thing that's made it easier for me to change the oil myself is adding a Fumoto oil drain valve. I just roll the vehicle onto some ramps, hook up a line to it, and drain it directly to a container. Hardest part is removing the covers to get to everything. If I rushed things and was careful, I could probably get it drained and refilled in 15-20 minutes. As it is now, I take like an hour to make sure everything completely drains out. Anyway something to think about.

Comment

^^^^^
            I've heard those covers being called underbody splash pans or under engine splash pans. One of our cars has a plastic one, and it makes an otherwise easy change take 3X longer. I've considered leaving it off, but admittedly it does keep the entire area under the block and transmission clean. I can easily see a change place not putting it back on correctly and having it fall off.

Only minor bad experience I had with a shop was at a Ford dealer that rounded off the drain plug on a Ranger I used to have.

Comment

I understand the need to be cautious here, but do you have reason to believe you ran the motor too much while low on oil?

Just wondering if it's worth raising the stink so it gets temporarily corrected, but then proceeding to just resolve it to ease your stress? Ultimately, I'd want to check it out myself - but I'd also consider just having an independent mechanic diagnose and resolve the issue. I'd not trust the wal-mart group to not patch/conceal the problem if there was something major wrong. This could be a really simple fix, but it may not be at this point.

Even if good intention-ed folks at Wal-mart - never know what sleazy things corp or other outside influences may pressure them into doing.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

All this mention of how quickly a double gasket (or no gasket) could spew out several quarts of oil has me wondering how he would have made it 5 miles if that were to be the issue. And if by some chance he did make it, my next concern would be starving the lifters. Not enough for a complete failure but shortening the lifespan where you might have issues in the near future.

I say this because the AFM lifters on these trucks are prone to fail. It's common and it can range from 70k -200k miles. An AFM lifter failure will also eat up the cam lobe.

I have an 07 Sierra with the 5.3/AFM as well. I changed the oil every 5k miles and never had an issue up till 197k miles. Unfortunately, I also had developed gasket leaks that caused the low oil light to turn on at approximately 5k miles after an oil change, hence the 5k mile change interval. One time it turned on and I just couldn't make time to get the oil changed. I think I may have pushed my luck too far and ran it low to the point where I had left to work one morning and about a mile up the road, I started to hear a lifter knock. Oil PSI was fine. Limped it back home and IIRC, oil didn't register on the dipstick. That's when I found out about the common AFM lifter issue. I can't say with 100% certainty that I starved it or if it was just my turn for the AFM failure but I wanted to tell my story in case they find a gasket issue, change the oil/filter, give you a few coupons and say "that was close, see you next time"

I ended up getting a GM certified engine, I'd have to find the paperwork to see who the actual builder was but I now have 43k miles on that thing without a single issue.

Comment

I change my Mercedes and Toyotas oil. The diesel F250 goes to the dealer. It is just about the same price at Holiday Ford as doing it myself.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                  2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

GeorgeG, do you not check the oil between oil changes? I find it crazy how many of my customers are shocked that I find their car low on oil. I will sometimes randomly check the oil and coolant level when doing other repairs just because I'm under there. Any motor, whether new or old, can use/leak/burn oil. To never check it or just assume it may be full because you don't get a warning light or hear any bad noises is ridiculous to me.

Usual response to having found the vehicle low on oil and alerting customer is " they never told me it was low when I got my oil changed" . I had a lady in last month, Nissan Rogue with 74K miles. It was brought in for what they called exhaust noise, drove the car and heard odd engine type noise so came back and check the oil. 3.75 quarts later it was back at full and the motor sounded quiet again. I no doubt expect it to have mechanical issues in the near future as a result. The really bad part is that I diagnosed a 3.8 Mustang for them several years before for the same basic issue. It eventually let to really heavy oil consumption and it was traded in towards this Rogue.

Do people never learn....

Comment

GeorgeG, do you not check the oil between oil changes? I find it crazy how many of my customers are shocked that I find their car low on oil. I will sometimes randomly check the oil and coolant level when doing other repairs just because I'm under there. Any motor, whether new or old, can use/leak/burn oil. To never check it or just assume it may be full because you don't get a warning light or hear any bad noises is ridiculous to me.

Usual response to having found the vehicle low on oil and alerting customer is " they never told me it was low when I got my oil changed" . I had a lady in last month, Nissan Rogue with 74K miles. It was brought in for what they called exhaust noise, drove the car and heard odd engine type noise so came back and check the oil. 3.75 quarts later it was back at full and the motor sounded quiet again. I no doubt expect it to have mechanical issues in the near future as a result. The really bad part is that I diagnosed a 3.8 Mustang for them several years before for the same basic issue. It eventually let to really heavy oil consumption and it was traded in towards this Rogue.

I check the oil on all my vehicles quite regularly. I daily a company truck so my Buick and GMC spend a lot of time in the garage on a battery tender and I rotate them depending on the weather. I checked the oil last Friday and it was full and had no leaks. Ironic that it suddenly on Saturday has a gusher..immediately following a walmart service..yet they said it was full when I brought it in.

Comment

I guess not on a regular basis. I mean I'm sure I checked it every so often. I was aware of the gaskets failing and that, along with normal AFM consumption, I knew it was losing oil faster than it should. Once I learn the trucks' habits, then to some degree, I knew what to expect so my "inspections" were fewer in between. I've always had the fluids changed and repaired/replaced anything that failed so I knew the reliability of my truck. I forget what it was now but given the example of my oil light coming on, I knew how many quarts it was low when it turned on and that 5k miles was a little before that mark. I do glance at my rear diff, coolant and brake reservoirs, belts, tires, etc, every now and then. Also before any long trips.

Comment

Did he actually call you today?
                          "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                            Did he actually call you today?
                            No....I waited until 4pm and no call so I called the store, asked for a manager and asked to speak to the Service center manager that was supposed to have called me. After a couple minutes he told me that SHE was not there today and I could call back at 8am and speak to HER. I just about blew my top at that point and did my best to explain my situation to him on the phone and told him I was losing my patience with how they are handling the matter at which point he told me there was nothing he could do and that I would have to call HER....not that SHE would call me. After I hung up I looked up how to file a complaint against Walmart and found another 800 number to call...so I called again and rather impolitely explained to the woman on the phone that I felt like Walmart was blowing me off after THEY damaged my truck and that I wanted something done NOW. She gave me a number to the Walmart Claims department and then transferred me to them....at which point I gave my name and the store this happened at...and was then informed that no claim has been started and asked if I wanted to start a claim......ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS????????????????? I told her hell yes I wanted to file a claim so she transferred me yet again to a claims agent...VOICEMAIL!!!!!! I'm ready to go out there and burn the fucking store down at this point.

Comment

I would of went straight to the store. They should of had it towed back to see what the issue is.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                              2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Yea you should show up at 8am if u can.
                                "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X