DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Pumpin' Iron

Pumpin' Iron Forum for any kind of work out discussions.

Old 09-28-2018, 10:11 PM   #1441
kingjason
Notorious PIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeG. View Post
This is basically where I'm at. The heave weights that I worked up to always left my shoulders sore for most of the week. This was after making adjustments like tucking elbows in, switching to dumbbells, etc.

Now, the older I get, I'm noticing much older people and how a lot of them are over weight, aren't very mobile, can't stand straight, can't put on a pair of pants, etc. My focus seems to have made a shift towards more cardio, stretching and basically maintaining a decent physic rather than going for Mr. Oplymia so that hopefully I can wipe my own butt when I'm 70.
Same!

Started BSing with this guy at 24 in Mansfield one night. I used the old line, I am too old for this shit. He laughed and said he use to think that also. However all of his friends that quit going to the gym have died. I asked how old he was and he stated like 57 or 62 or something. Big ole dude and I would have guessed late 40's. Most people that guess think I am late 30's to early 40's, but I am late 40's. I stop people in my age bracket all the time and think, fuck you look old. Drugs or weight are two biggest contributors to that usually.
Old 09-28-2018, 11:04 PM   #1442
SS Junk
Lifer

Itís very satisfying being able to talk shit, lift and keep up with those dingleberries more than half my age.
SS Junk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:53 AM   #1443
SS Junk
Lifer

235ish XL shirt:

210 L shirt:
SS Junk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 12:53 PM   #1444
KBScobravert
Lifer
VIP Member

Finally for a first in my life.
flat bench 225lbs for 5 sets of 5

Hit a lot if other personal goals in the gym too this last month.

But I dropped a 35lb plate straight down like a guillotine on my big toe knuckle from waist high. Busted it real good. Totally fucked my leg days and set my cardio plans back a few more weeks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2019, 12:09 PM   #1445
Ruffdaddy
Lifer

My wife got a fancy new scale that does a body fat reading and a bunch of other stuff. Normally my "summer shape" is what I would estimate as 11-12% based on the mirror test, and I gain maybe 5-6 lbs over the holidays (oct to jan).

This scale is saying high 15% now, but its given me a new challenge. I want to see it dip into the single digits for the first time in a very long time. That means instead of losing 5lbs in 3-4 months...I'm going to drop 12-14 lbs depending on my loss composition. Which puts me in the low 180s. It's amazing what a little digital readout can do in terms of pushing me to go somewhere I havent been on years...let's see if it works.

The first 2 months will be the bulk of loss at about 1-1.5 lbs per week. Itll be a relatively slow loss so I can preserve lean muscle mass.

I'm going to experiment with a much different workout plan that works muscle groups more frequently to preserve mass. I typically do a major workout for each muscle group only once a week, now I will do a heavy workout per group once, with 2 days of low weight high reps spread out through the week.

No alcohol at all in January and limited consumption in Feb. March will be just a few lbs to polish off the goal...but itll likely be the toughest.
Ruffdaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 05:02 PM   #1446
Ruffdaddy
Lifer

Down about 0.5% body fat in a week while skeletal muscle went up a little (as a function if body weight). I think the loss in body fat is pretty accurate but doubt I gained muscle.

Regardless, I'm losing fat and not lean mass so I'm happy
Ruffdaddy is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
boats > racks, gasser dyel?, i refuse to beleaf, naynay 4 sucking on cock, naynay dicksucking faggot, naynay take all 12inches