No announcement yet.

Formula 1 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree with Momo, A bit too aggressive by Rosberg. Nice video too, might explain the issue.

Should be interesting in the "garage" in the next few races. Nice race for Max.
    Last edited by Kart21; 05-16-2016, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
      i think it was a racing incident with nothing to penalize.
      if these aren't two teammates, there would be no blame assigned and everyone would be fine with it.

hamilton went for a gap. you must always go for a gap.
      rosberg went to defend. you always fight to keep your position.

rosberg did only make 1 move.**

the grey area is that a car must give 1 cars width to the edge of the track if another car has any significant portion of their car next to yours. 'the significant portion' is the grey area as it might have only been hamilton's front wing.

*personally i think rosberg's 1 move was very aggressive and it was to the point where his decision would always result in his own race being destroyed.

here is a really good analysis by anthony davidson:
      https://streamable.com/ys32
      I don't think you could've said it any better momo.
      Los Angeles Rams 11-5
      Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
      Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

That was a great race but holy crap, wasn't expecting the ferrari to be unable to pass a Red Bull. Very refreshing to see a podium with no Mercs.
        Originally posted by stevo
        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

seems the FIA is in agreement. unfortunate situation for Mercedes lead to a great race.

www.hppmotorsports.com
          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

So the F1 Silly Season Rumor Mill has started.

First on the order is a rumor of Nico Rosberg flirting with moving to Ferrari to replace Kimi Raikkonen.

Second in the order, Fernando Alonso to replace Nico Rosberg at Mercedes if Rosberg indeed does go to Ferrari.

Oh boy, party like its 2007 if its true.
            Los Angeles Rams 11-5
            Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

i could see that. it's getting close to a point where these names start dropping out of F1:
              Raikkonen, Massa, Button, Alonso.

if alonso moves to mercedes, it might be a bit late unfortunately for him. perhaps by that point, mercedes is no longer the hands down best best car. should still be the competetive front runner but this year is going to be the barometer. i think RBR is knocking on the door again. i think they are going to leap frog ferrari and once they have more power, they will close in to mercedes much closer than ferrari have.

i think they definitely stand a great shot of winning in monaco.
              www.hppmotorsports.com
              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Beginning of the week I took Ricciardo on 9/1 odds to win the Monaco Grand Prix. Thinking good thoughts.
                Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

anyone been to Montreal for the race? Thinking about going next year.
                  Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                  Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

not yet. it's on my list but it isn't cheap so that's why we opted for euro f1 trips the last 2 years. flights to canada are pretty much same as europe and similar options of where to stay in montreal were more expensive. one day though.
                    www.hppmotorsports.com
                    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                      not yet. it's on my list but it isn't cheap so that's why we opted for euro f1 trips the last 2 years. flights to canada are pretty much same as europe and similar options of where to stay in montreal were more expensive. one day though.
                      if I remember you went to hungary and Monza, correct? Assume you did the weekend as well right?
                      Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                      Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Rosberg wins in what was a boring race in my opinion.

Some Silly Season stuff.

I thought it could've been Ricciardo on the move to Ferrari, but that's out of the question with his new deal stay with Red Bull.

The new rumor is Sergio Perez could go to Ferrari to replace Raikkonen if Ferrari is indeed looking to replace him. Seems worthy of it. 2 podiums now this season so far. He's driving a lot like in 2012 when he was with Sauber.
                        Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                        Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Didn't like the place at all. Couldn't see any thing, wide, narrow, walled in track.
                          Just not my style.
                          T.V. coverage was lacking. Never saw Kim'es error on the tube. No one was in the stands.

Comment

I thought the track looked really cool... but was upset that there was no drama. I was pretty certain SOMEONE would crash there but it never happened.
                            Originally posted by stevo
                            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
                              if I remember you went to hungary and Monza, correct? Assume you did the weekend as well right?
                              yup. we did monza in 2014 then budapest in 2015. no f1 trip this year as we spent up vacay already globe trotting germany/maldives/sri lanka.

we always do 3 day. we've skipped thursday pit walks though. we go as part of a ~3 week trip so there is a lot of other stuff, F1 is just a small part of the trip.

Baku looks kind of cool. (the city anyways, this one race was a let down, i'm sure it can be better)
                              i'd be interested in a short leg there as part of another trip eastern europe but there are still a lot of other races i'd like to attend first.
                              Last edited by momo; 06-20-2016, 01:13 PM.
                              www.hppmotorsports.com
                              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

So I wonder how the Briexit will affect Formula 1 now. Mainly teams like McLaren, Mercedes, Manor, Renault, Red Bull, and Haas F1 who are based there.
                                Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                                Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Working...
                                X