No announcement yet.

Shop for tuning with Anderson PMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ditch the PMS and let an experienced tuner use a chip. I was using the PMS back when it was called a Crane Interceptor and it is very limited and not worth the headache.

The tuning problem you are describing is caused mostly by ignition timing and that is easy to change in the PMS. You just need a timing curve suited to forced induction vs the NA timing curve I believe you are running now. Timing is a bigger deal then being a bit lean or a ton rich.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I say ditch that PMS and the air meter and use a 05' up style meter with a chip on a stock ECU.My SSP makes 556/598 with 60lbs injectors and a slot style meter and runs great. Andy @ Prime tuning can do it for sure and so can many other shops with that basic setup.
      Last edited by slowturbocar; 05-22-2017, 10:40 PM.

Comment

That seems to be the general thought on what my best bet will be. Looks like I'll have to start trying to sell things off and get another maf and take it in for a tune.

I've tried to do everything else correct on the car the first time there's no need to start cheapie out this far into it and shoot myself in the foot.

Thanks all for the thoughts and opinions they're all appreciated.

Comment

I have an OLD PMS2 on my car that I tune myself. Its not hard.. I just made small changes till I got the hang of it..
          Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
          90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Working...
          X