No announcement yet.

MLB changes intentional walk rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you don't know anything about pitching and are only watching baseball for the hits, then I'm sure it is very boring for most games. The pitching and general game strategy are more exciting than a long hit HR, IMO.

Baseball is my favorite sport to watch, by far.

Comment

People still watch baseball?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        People still watch baseball?
        I love watching it before bed. Makes me extra sleepy.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
          This topic has been done on sports radio more than just about any other. Think about it. You have a round bat. There's a guy standing 60 feet from you throwing a small round ball to you. He doesn't have to throw it in the strike zone either. A 90mph fastball takes .4 seconds to reach the plate from release. It takes a hitter .25 seconds to see the ball and react. Then you have to actually swing (or not if bad pitch) and make solid contact (round ball round bat). Oh yea, remember there are 7 guys plus the pitcher also playing defense to keep your hit ball from becoming a hit.

There's no question it's the hardest thing to do in sports. It only gets more difficult the higher up you go. It's why a .300 hitter is a hall of famer. That means he failed 70% of the time. Heck, if any of you guys feel froggy, I'm sure Dave's kid would be happy to deal you a little high cheese. I know mine wouldn't have any problems winding up and letting a few loose either.

Oh, and they have a "shot clock." They have 20 seconds to deliver the ball to the plate with runners on base and 12 seconds when they are empty.
          They need to watch

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/fastball/

Many should also throw against a radar gun, so we can laugh at the "70 mph" fastball won't break 45.
          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
          86 SVO - Sold
          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Working...
          X