No announcement yet.

New rims for the Dad-mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm...personal choice I suppose, but I prefer the stock wheels.

I have 20s on my g35s, and I loathe them.

Comment

The stockers are 20s....
      Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Oh, and the stockers are for sale.... no tires.
        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Did a thing this weekend. Some will like it, some wont. I like it.
          Last edited by Darren M; 06-17-2017, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Heat Extractor? Is that functional?

Comment

Absolutley!

Comment

That looks pretty tough. Post more/better pics.

Comment

Thanks! Will get a few bwtter tomorrow.

Comment

I like it. It takes away from the sleeper qualities of the SHO but it integrates rather well on the hood. It looks OEM.

Comment

Thank you! Thats the best compliment I could get. There's a few things I'd do differently and a couple of tweaks yet to be done. The artist is often their harshest critic.

To do' s (mostly under the hood)

Paint aluminum mounting bar stock, black
                      Cut hood blanket to fit and reinstall
                      Remove soft weather stripping and replace with double sided tape

Optional: Fabricate rain drip pan and install. (Car washes are going to be a pain!)

Comment

I like the old wheels better

Comment

They have a certain attraction. Just not unique enough for me they're for sale.... lol

Comment

I much prefer the new wheels.

For rain and car washes, I would fabricate something like this:

Make it with a foam or rubber lip that mates up to the flange of the vent and some spring loaded J-hooks that you can hook through the holes in the vent. Should be cheap and fun.

Comment

I hadn't thought of that Blake! The unit does have a drip pan but it's like $180! I've seen that cover and hadn't thought of it.

Comment

Just watched the video. Cheap ABS plastic, heat gun, modified dzus fasteners, and some weather stripping, genius.

Comment

Working...
                                X