Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
    That guy is beyond annoying.
    Glad I wasn't the only one who thought so!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

All that tech and no parking sensors. I'm out!

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
        Cost and worth are not the same thing. Ford did a bang up job developing this car but I believe that going with the v6 is a mistake unless they plan to make an ultra duty block avaliable to tuners.
        I concur.
        I heard that they did it for fuel economy and certainly weight savings but a small V8 would've given more power, better sound and more tune-ability.
        Fuck CAFE standards. If someone can afford that car, they can certainly afford a lower fuel economy.
        Just my two cents

David

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
          I concur.
          I heard that they did it for fuel economy and certainly weight savings but a small V8 would've given more power, better sound and more tune-ability.
          Fuck CAFE standards. If someone can afford that car, they can certainly afford a lower fuel economy.
          Just my two cents

David
          Nothing CAFE standards about a 600+hp super car. They went with the V6 because they thought it would give them the best chance to win at Le Mans. Which they did (their class, anyway). It's also a lot faster than the last version that had a V8.

That thing is so fast, there's little room for tuners. You don't see people tuning La Ferraris or Porsche 918's. At that price range (and collectibility), there kind of is such a thing as "fast enough".

I have little use in my life for anything with fewer than 8 cylinders, but I respect the shit out of the new GT and wouldn't want them to do anything different.

Comment

I believe Ford built this car for the future.
            We all know whats coming, the days of the V-8's are going bye-bye, regardless of what the consumer wants. Only a hand full of mfg. are still offering V-8's and if they are they are in trucks and performance cars.
            Has anyone noticed that almost every mfg now has their version of a 2.0 turbo in their mass produced cars? I for one applaud Ford for still offering a V-8 in the Mustang GT's, they started off affordable (2011-2014). Not anymore, loaded out 5.0's are $50k and $35k for low optioned models. Still a bargain for the power, no one else offers the same power for the money.
            I love the car, it could be bigger imo, but we know that they need to be light because the V-6 is low on TQ, still a beast though.

ps. Funny how now one bitches about the Grand National, Supra or Nissan GTR making huge horsepower in the their 6 banger shit boxes...
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

So you'd be cool with the next mustang cobra having the eco boost v6?

Comment

Id rather have a McLaren or Lambo and save 250k.

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
                  So you'd be cool with the next mustang cobra having the eco boost v6?
                  If it's fast and that's what I was in the market for, why not? V8's have been great for 75+ years because they produced more power, not because the number 8 is magical. Technology is changing things and being married to the V8 for nostalgia sounds like a good way to lose a race.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                    If it's fast and that's what I was in the market for, why not? V8's have been great for 75+ years because they produced more power, not because the number 8 is magical. Technology is changing things and being married to the V8 for nostalgia sounds like a good way to lose a race.
                    I think a lot of people are married to the sound more than anything. The v6 sounds like an indy car. The v8 sounds like a dragster

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                      I think a lot of people are married to the sound more than anything. The v6 sounds like an indy car. The v8 sounds like a dragster

This! It sounds pretty sick to me. The current world record holder in outlaw 10.5 is a V6. It does sound a little weird but it makes plenty of power.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                        I guess. Indy car sound is better for a super car than sounding like a muscle car, so what's the problem?

Comment

I guess. Indy car sound is better for a super car than sounding like a muscle car, so what's the problem?
                          I tend to agree! Hell, I don't care where the power is coming from as long as it is there!

Comment

You can apply those same technologies to an 8-cylinder car, and make even more power, take a look at Audi and AMG for example.

I'm pleased as punch with my ecoboost 5.0 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                              You can apply those same technologies to an 8-cylinder car, and make even more power, take a look at Audi and AMG for example.

I'm pleased as punch with my ecoboost 5.0 2017.
                              Nobody said bigger isn't better, but by that logic, the fact that you only have a V8 instead of a V12 means that you're doing it wrong.

Comment

On the V6 thing, they went to the Nth degree to save weight, yet put an iron blocked V6 in it? I suppose if they had developed a new aluminum V8, the price would be WAY more than $500,000 to cover the R&D but if you are going to go to the trouble to build a track car and deal with all the heat management of turbos...make it a V8 and have 750+ hp. Otherwise, it's just another American attempt at a supercar with a truck motor in it to satisfy the knuckle draggers while the guys with the McLaren and the Ferrari take the hot chicks home.

Comment

Working...
                                X