Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FoxBodyNick View Post
    Nice group of cars.
    Thanks, taken me along time to get cars that i am willing to keep, My GTA is my newest purchase at 750 bucks!!!! with 97k on it factory T top with 350/auto. It needs paint and alittle TLC but I have every single receipt from the original owner including the window sticker. Apprently this car has had years of radio problems LOL LOL.
    93gt 331 ys trim, tremmec, 5 lug
    00z28 lq9 6.0, ls6 intake, ported throttle body, custom grind pat g cam.moser 9inch
    05 accord coupe daily
    89 gta lq9 swap in process.
    89 gun metal grey gta 97k original miles in pieces waiting to be crushed cali and salt killer her
    89 White GTA shell all stock and keeping it that. Finally got my white t top gta.

Comment

• Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
      I'll race the Honda.

I can't see it being faster then a g35. So I'm game.
      I'm Game, Clears up we can run them. I have not raced any G's in this car, the only car I raced ever in the year was a jackass in a fox who decided he wanted to race anyone.... So I mashed the gas and pulled off.
      00z28 lq9 6.0, ls6 intake, ported throttle body, custom grind pat g cam.moser 9inch
      05 accord coupe daily
      89 gun metal grey gta 97k original miles in pieces waiting to be crushed cali and salt killer her
      89 White GTA shell all stock and keeping it that. Finally got my white t top gta.

Comment

• Originally posted by prochargedpony View Post
        jackass in a fox who decided he wanted to race anyone.... So I mashed the gas and pulled off.
        lol mike unfortunately that almost fits your description
        1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

lol mike unfortunately that almost fits your description
          ha ha ha ha ha, no I am positive it wasn't him. Mike's coupe is a nice looking coupe this was a mexican in a beat up fox.
          05 accord coupe daily

Comment

• lol i had. sorry mike

Comment

• Originally posted by wayne fontenot View Post
              his name is james turboville, he and his buddy david like taking shots at me every chance they get.... but hey, i'm just a novice what do i know, lol
              wayne ...realy dude i thought we hashed this. I have and will never have any control over you and davids deal but lets face it you are not a world renouned head porter. you are like me a guy in his garage with a rotary tool that is a novice. if I offened you than so be it but lets not call it what it isn't. if nick wants that car to be "fast" there is nothing your skill level and tooling is going to do. I am trying to help the guy out from experience.
              89 dove grey lx, turbo blowthrough

Comment

• mainly all i was looking to get was low to mid 400s to the wheels with blower and port work. something a little more fun and a step up. then as soon as i graduate ill start building a real motor with a block ready to handle it. this motor isn't the stock motor so im not worried about value at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by turbos66coupe View Post
                  wayne ...realy dude i thought we hashed this. I have and will never have any control over you and davids deal but lets face it you are not a world renouned head porter. you are like me a guy in his garage with a rotary tool that is a novice. if I offened you than so be it but lets not call it what it isn't. if nick wants that car to be "fast" there is nothing your skill level and tooling is going to do. I am trying to help the guy out from experience.

honestly i thought it was a shot, my appologies if it wasn't.... nick and i have discussed it. my first advise was aluminum heads.. he doesn't want to pay the money for them, so i suggested porting the heads, and yes my port work will yield more power as it has in the past, just like any you have done should have. in the end, it's nicks call.

Comment

• ive seen gt40s put 290 and 300 to the wheels... why spend money on aluminum heads that only give me 15-20 more horses??? i have been keeping my eye open on a good deal for aluminum heads. i dont have a problem spending money if its justified by the cost. like i said earlier... about the porting of the heads... its going to be a bit and i might find a set before them. =) we shall see.

Comment

• yea they can put 290 to 300 to the wheels. but your talking peak hp numbers and i bet they die off at 5500 rpms. a decent set of afr 165s or TW's and your looking at 320+ with alot more aggressive curve. if you pick up 10 peak hp and an average of 30+ through out the power band than that is a big difference trust me your butt dyno will feel it. also any dyno operater can forget to correct the numbers or input the wrong wieght etc. and your dyno numbers are scewed. all im saying is put the money where it needs to be put the first time and you dont have to do it again.
                      89 dove grey lx, turbo blowthrough

Comment

ive seen gt40s put 290 and 300 to the wheels... why spend money on aluminum heads that only give me 15-20 more horses??? i have been keeping my eye open on a good deal for aluminum heads. i dont have a problem spending money if its justified by the cost. like i said earlier... about the porting of the heads... its going to be a bit and i might find a set before them. =) we shall see.
                        The potential of alum heads are far greater then those of gt 40 heads, that is iron or alum, the gt-40 head is a lazy head from the factory. I had a gt40 iron headed motor with an S trim making 420 with 9psi, when I switched over to a set of edelbrock 1.90 valve heads I made 425 with same boost and no retune, the car was a lot stronger throughout the entire RPM band, I never took them to the track but the difference was Night and Day. Bud we have been doing this ALOOONNNNGGGGG time, I have personally had close 70 mustangs, Me and Whiteboy used to run neck and neck as to how many stangs, but now he buys and sells and probably doubled my number by now.

Listen to those of us who have wasted the money testing and tuning these cars. You can pick up a nice set of used edelbrock alum heads or trick flow for around 700 pretty easily. Sell your gt-40's for about 250-300 depending on condition and boom you have ended up spending less because of what you sold those for.
                        05 accord coupe daily

Comment

• 165 or 185?

Comment

• oh im def. Not argueing. I take advice gladly

Comment

• If you're planning on going with FI, jump up to the 185's.

You'll also lose some weight and the aluminum heads will allow you to run a little more compression and dissipate heat better. You can get a better screw in stud for the rocker arms too versus the pressed in studs on the stock heads.

Plus the AFR's are CNC ported from the get-go, so you're already ahead of the game there.

There was a guy on here a week or two ago that had some AFR 185's, with roller rockers, pushrods and guide plates for $1000. That's a HELL of a deal. If I had the extra cash just laying around I would jump on them quick.

-Aaron

Comment

• wish i woulda seen them lol owell

Comment

Working...
                                X