Pick N Pull rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick N Pull rant

I have been searching for a set of 02' or earlier 17" factory Crown Vic Sport alloy wheels for months. Pick N Pull in south Dallas finally got a car into the yard that was the EXACT model that I was searching for and it had perfect wheels on it. It was sitting in the prep area and I kept checking everyday to see when it hit the yard. I got to the car 10 minutes after it hit the yard and it was untouched except for the wheels; they were gone. I went up front and asked the manager what happened to the wheels and he tells me that they pull all alloy wheels off of every car before the car hits the yard and they get sold in bulk to another company. WTF? I offered to pay 3 times the menu price and was told that they simply could not sell the wheels to me at any price.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
    I went up front and asked the manager what happened to the wheels and he tells me that they pull all alloy wheels off of every car before the car hits the yard and they get sold in bulk to another company.
    now youre having conversations with yourself?

Comment

I have been searching for a set of 02' or earlier 17" factory Crown Vic Sport alloy wheels for months. Pick N Pull in south Dallas finally got a car into the yard that was the EXACT model that I was searching for and it had perfect wheels on it. It was sitting in the prep area and I kept checking everyday to see when it hit the yard. I got to the car 10 minutes after it hit the yard and it was untouched except for the wheels; they were gone. I went up front and asked the manager what happened to the wheels and he tells me that they pull all alloy wheels off of every car before the car hits the yard and they get sold in bulk to another company. WTF? I offered to pay 3 times the menu price and was told that they simply could not sell the wheels to me at any price.
      Yep, they never sell them, it's annoying as fuck.

Comment

ebay?

Comment

Pick N Pull in south Dallas is a business, and as such reserves the right to refuse service to anyone as long as it's not done in a discriminatory fashion on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, or gender.

Comment

They used to all go to Transwheel which is now an LKQ subsidiary. Those wheels are probably going to be "reconditioned" and sold through the Keystone network.

You might check with http://www.rimvault.com/ or just search for the 3471 interchange on ebay. There are a few out there but they won't be sold at scrap prices.

Btw picknpull is just a feeder for their steel recycling parent company. They buy cars based on core value of the individual parts so anything they actually sell is just gravy.

Comment

Pick n pull? where is this massage Poler located?
              sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
              🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Not a fan of pick n pull......

prices are high in my opinion. Walked up to their counter with a pair of headlights and they wanted $76 a set. Can get a new set for $80.00. No thanks.
                Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

sport package wheels?

Comment

Op. Grand Prairie is where it’s at for junkyards. No specific ones you can literally just drive up/down Jefferson st there’s like 1 million good junkyards over there. don’t know if you tried this also offer up. 5 miles. let go have always been good to me.
                    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by hxbernal View Post

sport package wheels?
                      That is it exactly. They have aftermarket versions but I do not was to spend 500 bucks on a 1500 dollar car that I will never drive myself and I am never really happy with the manufacturing tolerances of budget aftermarket wheels.
                      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                        They used to all go to Transwheel which is now an LKQ subsidiary. Those wheels are probably going to be "reconditioned" and sold through the Keystone network.

You might check with http://www.rimvault.com/ or just search for the 3471 interchange on ebay. There are a few out there but they won't be sold at scrap prices.

Yep, Keystone has a repair facility in Hutchins that recons around 300 wheels a day 5 days a week. So they will probably end up there to be redone if they are valuable.
                        1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
                        1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
                        2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

I am never really happy with the manufacturing tolerances of budget aftermarket wheels.

Excuses.

It's a cheap fucking wheel, you're clearly just wanting it for the looks. You don't need some super tight mil-spec ultra lightweight wheels and shit.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                            Excuses.

It's a cheap fucking wheel, you're clearly just wanting it for the looks. You don't need some super tight mil-spec ultra lightweight wheels and shit.
                            When I can mount a wheel and do not even have to use a dial indicator to check for run out because I can feel it with my hand it is not anything I would ever put onto a car. 16 year old factory wheels from a junkyard typically have better tolerances.

In other words I will not use cheap parts on a car, ever.

Edit: I want them so I can run 17" tires and ditch the 16" steel wheels that are on the car now.
                            Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 02-13-2018, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Best I could do so far. I'd say a patented dfwstang low ball of $450 would do the trick

I have a clean 2002 crown Victoria my son ran hot messed motor up. Its the sports edition shifter in floor insides no rips clean car need gone asap i can put motor in im asking $2800 must have deposit to show u serious

Comment

Working...
                              X