Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much does it cost to ship a handgun you sold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much does it cost to ship a handgun you sold?

Just curious. I was talking to a buddy of mine who was trying to sell a Glock to me. Really good deal but I didn't have the money available. Anyway he looked into selling it online but found out that it was going to cost him almost a $100 to ship it via UPS. This can't be right as I see people asking $25 to ship to an FFL all the time. Also he said it had to be shipped over night. Does this sound right?

I need to ship this man his rifle and correct me if I am wrong but since he does not live in this state (Texas) I will need to send it to a FFL holder in his state correct? Also I can just go down to UPS or FedEx and send it out as long as I tell them what is in the box right?
    WRX

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
      Just curious. I was talking to a buddy of mine who was trying to sell a Glock to me. Really good deal but I didn't have the money available. Anyway he looked into selling it online but found out that it was going to cost him almost a $100 to ship it via UPS. This can't be right as I see people asking $25 to ship to an FFL all the time. Also he said it had to be shipped over night. Does this sound right?
      I think I used fedex when I sold mine and it was a standard rate. they just made me take the slide off and ship it in a different box.

It does seem like I had to ship it over night.

Comment

Pistols via USPS Priority Mail just about anywhere in the lower 48 with around 600 to 800 dollar insurance runs about 25 to 29 dollars. I do it all the time Jose. If you need him to send it to a FFL, I am not too far from your work and be glad to do it for ya brother.

Q: May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier?
        A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm.
        [18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A), 922(a) (3), 922(a)(5) and 922(e), 27 CFR 478.31 and 478.30]

Comment

Yeah I just took a gun I sold to an FFL to ship to PA. I just did it a few years ago, but I am a little fuzzy already. I think it was 50ish all said and done to send off.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Thanks for all the info and links everybody. Good info for future reference

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
            Pistols via USPS Priority Mail just about anywhere in the lower 48 with around 600 to 800 dollar insurance runs about 25 to 29 dollars. I do it all the time Jose. If you need him to send it to a FFL, I am not too far from your work and be glad to do it for ya brother.

Q: May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier?
            A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm.
            [18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A), 922(a) (3), 922(a)(5) and 922(e), 27 CFR 478.31 and 478.30]
            Thanks for the info Randy. Unfortunately he did the deal about a month ago and wound up selling it locally but could have made more money if he had shipped it. Hell I wish I had the money for the deal myself. What do you charge for a fee to handle everything?

Comment

Working...
            X