Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inexpensive desktop that would do good for video editing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inexpensive desktop that would do good for video editing?

My YouTube channel has been doing pretty good and I want to get a dedicated desktop to do the editing on. I'm using an older Samsung laptop right now and it takes about 4hrs to render a 20min video. It's also not able to preview and part of a video that's sped up. Anyone have a good suggestion on something that would work well?

Define inexpensive. And how old is your Samsung laptop, and what are its specs?

Comment

Using a video card to render video is the new thing ( well for the last 6 years or so ).

In short, you can do this on the cheap if you build a cheap desktop ( nothing too fancy ) and spend the rest on a good/amazing video card that is compatible for rendering.

What application are you using for editing?

Comment

whats your YouTube channel?

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
          xXxc0D_snyp3r_kn0w_skoP3xXx
          sigpic

Comment

^^^^
            lmao

Comment

Damnit Magnus!

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                Damnit Magnus!
                Who changed your screen name to talisman?

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                  Who changed your screen name to talisman?
                  Kyle did, after Don changed it to Captain can't make his tee time when I bitched out on him and then decided to talk shit to him with white text saying Please don't ban me!

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                    I’m a mobile heavy equipment, diesel, and fleet mechanic. Throughout the week I get to work on lots of different machines. My goal for this channel is to upload some videos about fixing anything from cars to bulldozers. I usually get the job done without the tools that the manufacturer wants you to spend a ton of cash on...or I break a lot of stuff in the process. Thanks for watching the vids!

Or just type Stephen Cox in the yet search bar.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/sphinx4785
                      Or just type Stephen Cox in the yet search bar.
                      nice! good job on the vids

i liked...

How to drive a Caterpiller bulldozer D6K

Lincoln Ranger 250GXT mounting and FIRST START

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                        Define inexpensive. And how old is your Samsung laptop, and what are its specs?
                        Less then $1000. Current one is a Samsung R730. The issue Im having right now is that I bought a new gopro and if I try to watch any of its videos or edit them I can hear the audio just fine but the video freezes and I can only see a frame every 10-20seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
                          Using a video card to render video is the new thing ( well for the last 6 years or so ).

In short, you can do this on the cheap if you build a cheap desktop ( nothing too fancy ) and spend the rest on a good/amazing video card that is compatible for rendering.

What application are you using for editing?
                          Adobe premier elements

Comment

I'm not a big fan of Adobe products ( because there is too fucking many of them ), so i'm not sure if APE supports it or not. Their website makes it sound as only Adobe Premier Pro supports CUDA and not Elements. It does sound like elements does support Intel hardware acceleration which is better than nothing I guess. If you have or can get Premier Pro, I would use that with a CUDA nVidia card.

INTRODUCTION Premiere Elements 13 was released with a "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher)" preference ...

Comment

So a friend of mine sent me this link http://www.microcenter.com/product/4...ry_Recertified
                              I dont know much about computers so I appreciate any advice.

Comment

Working...
                              X