Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how much does it cost to get concrete poured?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The guy I used, I found in a Facebook group based out of my city. He had great reviews and I messaged a few people that he did work for. Really happy with how it turned out. Just do your homework.

Comment

If you live in a subdivision with active new construction, talk to one of the guys pouring concrete, they will generally do side work, and at a pretty reasonable rate. I would expect to see $3-5/sq ft for labor and materials depending on the complexity of the work.

I started reading this then realized it was from '13. Having laid pavers, and am now in a similar situation, with sections of it dropping and washing out because I made a few mistakes, looking back, I would pour a 4" pad and lay the pavers on top of that. No worries with the base washing out, they lay much easier, and should be worry free for a long time.
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

All i want is about 150 square feet but everyone is saying about 300 minimum so its coming out to $8-10...does that sound right?

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
          If you live in a subdivision with active new construction, talk to one of the guys pouring concrete, they will generally do side work, and at a pretty reasonable rate. I would expect to see $3-5/sq ft for labor and materials depending on the complexity of the work.

I started reading this then realized it was from '13. Having laid pavers, and am now in a similar situation, with sections of it dropping and washing out because I made a few mistakes, looking back, I would pour a 4" pad and lay the pavers on top of that. No worries with the base washing out, they lay much easier, and should be worry free for a long time.
          If I pour a 4" base, I'll be dammed if I put pavers on top.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
            Fair enough

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I think my problem is that I'm only doing 150 ish Square feet and everyone has minimums. This has basically made every quote $3K or more.

Comment

Yeah, your best bet is to just keep calling, maybe someone will be in the area and have some leftover material they could slide over. My understanding is concrete plants have a minimum they will sell and deliver.

Comment

Most plants have a minimum of 2 or 3 yards of concrete, and even then, you end up with trip charges a lot of the time.

Find some residential construction going on in the area, I'm sure you can find a crew working on a slab that will do the work.

Comment

Meh...I'm just gonna hold tight for a slowdown in the area...it appears to be coming unless amazon screws that up.

Hopefully its within a year!

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                      But they look better. Well I guess it depends on the pavers
                      WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                        But they look better. Well I guess it depends on the pavers
                        Can we trade Naynay for this dude?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                          Meh...I'm just gonna hold tight for a slowdown in the area...it appears to be coming unless amazon screws that up.

Hopefully its within a year!
                          Not even 20 minutes after I posted this someone called with an estimate 1300 cheaper than the next lowest. He had a much lower minimum so I didn't need to increase the size of the pad or throw away half the load.

Comment

Working...
                          X