Django Unchained

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Django Unchained

After years of speculation, it was finally announced that Quentin Tarantino's take on a Leone-esque spaghetti western will finally be put into motion. It appears as if filming will begin later this year. While an homage to Sergio Leone, it will be told in more of a southern standpoint, rather than a "western," dealing with slavery issues and what not.

Christoph Waltz (Inglorious Basterds) is also set to star in this movie as well. He was so incredibily fantastic in Basterds, that it will probably be hard to top that performance, but we'll see. I cannot wait for this fucker to come out. Then we'll have another Kill Bill film to look forward to in another few years.

Working title is simply going by "A Southern."
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

waaaaaaaaahaaaa waaa waaa waaa

Hell yea!

Comment

Sounds like something worth waiting for. I always dig the Tarantino flicks.

Comment

I was going to say he should put Lee Van Cleef in it then I realized he died in 1989. Not sure how I missed that one.
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Originally posted by racrguy
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I'm in for this!
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

In. Without a doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
              I was going to say he should put Lee Van Cleef in it then I realized he died in 1989. Not sure how I missed that one.
              Rumor is he passed a few days after John Carpenter sent him the script for Escape from LA
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
                Rumor is he passed a few days after John Carpenter sent him the script for Escape from LA
                Is die too if I had to read that script also.
                Originally posted by talisman
                I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                Originally posted by AdamLX
                If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                Because fuck you, that's why
                Originally posted by 80coupe
                nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                Originally posted by Rick Modena
                ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                Originally posted by Jester
                Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                  In. Without a doubt.
                  what a surprise

Comment

Sounds like something he can work some crazy magic with.

After much speculation that Quentin Tarantino's next movie would be a spaghetti western, a picture of what appeared to be the front of the final script was leaked online yesterday.
                    Film bloggers went wild over what looked like the director's childish handwriting and Tarantino's agent later confirmed that the title will be Django Unchained.
                    The rumour that Inglourious Basterds star Christoph Waltz, 54, will be in the film was also validated.

Austrian actor Christoph Waltz has been confirmed to star in the film
                    'It's a western whose lead character is a former slave who is in league with Waltz to save his wife from an evil plantation owner,' Tarantino's agency WME said.
                    Tarantino, 48, has now handed in the final draft of the script to the Weinstein Company.
                    The movie is said to be inspired by not only the 1966 movie Django, directed by Sergio Corbucci, but also the unorthodox 2007 Japanese remake by director Takashi Miike, called Sukiyaki Western Django, which featured Tarantino in a cameo as a character named Ringo.
                    Django Unchained will reunite Tarantino with Pulp Fiction producer Stacey Sher with the movie scheduled to begin production in the autumn.
                    Tarantino's last film in 2009 Inglourious Basterds took $313.6 million at the box office worldwide.
                    It was nominated for eight Oscars. The 1994 cult classic Pulp Fiction raked in $214 million worldwide.
                    The mysterious Twitter picture was leaked by the equally mysterious Twitter user - @AgentTrainee.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz1L9SXce2i

Comment

I was just looking to see when this was going to be released and thought I would update the thread.

Django Unchained is an upcoming Western film written and directed by Quentin Tarantino. The film stars Jamie Foxx, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Christoph Waltz. The film is scheduled to be released on December 25, 2012.[1][2] Principal photography started in California in November 2011[3], Wyoming in February 2012[4], and Louisiana in March 2012.[5]

Django Unchained is set in the Deep South, and follows Django (Foxx), a freed slave who treks across America with the German dentist turned bounty hunter Dr. King Schultz (Waltz), to retrieve Django's wife Broomhilda (Kerry Washington) from the charming but sadistic Francophile plantation owner Calvin Candie (DiCaprio) and his entourage of ruthless slavers.

Comment

This year? I was thinking next year. Stoked! Not that I'll see it in theaters anyway, but stoked nonetheless.
                        How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Remember watching Four Rooms in the theater on Christmas of '95. Guess I'll be seeing this opening day too. Surprised it is coming out so soon, but glad to see it!

Comment

I think the Asian version is on Netflix.
                            Originally posted by talisman
                            I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                            Originally posted by AdamLX
                            If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                            Because fuck you, that's why
                            Originally posted by 80coupe
                            nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                            Originally posted by Rick Modena
                            ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                            Originally posted by Jester
                            Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Man, Sammy L Jackson is going to be in this. Fantastic.
                              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Working...
                              X