X-Men:Days of Future Past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Men:Days of Future Past

Looks like this is in the works. For anyone who reads the comics, this was back when X-Men was at it's finest. Since Chris Claremont left the writing the book it hasn't been the same and probably never will be.

If this is done correctly, this movie could be epic

2011 Mustang GT
    sigpic

Still waiting on apocalypse. That's going to be pretty hard to pull of well IMO.

Comment

Fuck yes
      -1997 Supra- mid 8 second street car
      -1993 Cobra- 700rw
      -2012 CTS-V- 9 second daily driver
      -1991 Coupe- LSA/TT/4L80 in the making
      -2007 GSXR 1000- built turbo bike

Comment

So is this going to retcon the first trilogy and stay in line with FC?
        Originally posted by talisman
        I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
        Originally posted by AdamLX
        If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        Because fuck you, that's why
        Originally posted by 80coupe
        nice dick, Idrivea4banger
        Originally posted by Rick Modena
        ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
        Originally posted by Jester
        Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Comic book movies should only be made by director's and preferably actor's whom have actually read them.

I have hated Jackman's portrayal of Wolverine since the beginning...

Comment

Originally posted by Rlhay2 View Post
            Comic book movies should only be made by director's and preferably actor's whom have actually read them.

I have hated Jackman's portrayal of Wolverine since the beginning...
            I have always liked Jackman as Wolverine, not quite true to the comics, but still did a good job. That said, I think Liev Schreber completely outclassed him as Victor Creed.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
              So is this going to retcon the first trilogy and stay in line with FC?
              Yes. One of the writers also said that after The Avengers this movie will have to be huge.
              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

I always thought Mel Gibson would have been perfect for wolverine.

Does anyone remember picking up the monthly wizard magazine and going straight to the section where they would take a comic and pretend cast a comic book movie. Obviously prof x was always cast with Patrick stewart.

Comment

I think Jackman was a perfect match for Wolverine personally. Let's face it...finding someone that looks like wolverine, but is only 5ft 3in would be hard to do...and honestly, he would look goofy as shit. Sometimes it's better to veer away from the whole "just like the comics" shit.

I agree with JC316. Liev Schrieber as Sabretooth was almost perfect.

The filmmakers have a delicate dance to perform when making these movies. Kind of like the Mustang...it has to be built for the masses. How many people knew that Uncle Ben was going to kick the bucket in the first Spiderman? Not many. I did.

As long as they stay close, but not TOO close it should work out ok. Like a short Wolverine...it works in the comics, but on film no way.
                  2011 Mustang GT
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                    Yes. One of the writers also said that after The Avengers this movie will have to be huge.
                    So then this is the follow up to first class then. So then could they lead up to Age of Apocalypse storyline with Days of Future Past setting it up to Fatal Attractions.
                    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                      That said, I think Liev Schreber completely outclassed him as Victor Creed.
                      x2

I did not state that due to Jackman's height, he was not fit to portray the character, Logan. His personification of the character lacked depth.

The guy that played Scott Summers sucked even worse!

Comment

Read this on film drunk.

If you all will indulge me, I have some page view whoring to do here on Vince’s pretty CSS style sheet…

There have been a variety of rumors regarding the direction that Fox would be taking the X-Men after the overwhelming success of X-Men: First Class rescued the franchise from the Cheetos-dusted fingers of Brett Ratner’s demise. For starters, we know that Patrick Stewart will be returning as Professor X in X-Men: Days of Future Past, and he also hinted that other actors will also reprise their roles from the original trilogy.

Obviously, we knew that Hugh Jackman is still Wolverine, because he was in First Class and he’s filming The Wolverine, and nobody else was born to play Wolverine like Jackman, but now we also know that P-Stew wasn’t lying because Famke Janssen has a cameo in The Wolverine. Additionally, by hiring Mark Millar to oversee all of its Marvel properties, Fox is working diligently to create an alliance not only between X-Men and Fantastic Four, but also possibly Marvel’s The Avengers, which would obviously be amazing.

So now the bad news – Matthew Vaughn is no longer directing Days of Future Past because he’s working on another film. I know, I’m bummed, too.

Comment

I think Vaughn is supposed to still be a writer though. Hopefully Hollywood won't take such great potential and fuck it in the ass like they did with the first trilogy.
                          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Just this posted today:

Just announced: director Bryan Singer revealed the key returning cast for X-Men: Days of Future Past today, welcoming back James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, Nicholas Hoult, and the return of both Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen.

This has potential now.

Comment

Hmm, with those characters in it I'm interested

Comment

Working...
                              X