Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
    keltec sub 2000
    We were shooting prairie dogs with mine when I went camping in NM last month. It is fun gun to shoot and surprisingly accurate consider the sights on it.

Little guy didn't stand a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
      dude, you were just in tears for a speeding ticket........ dont OG it up just yet!

god bless.
      Right?
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

dude, you were just in tears for a speeding ticket........ dont OG it up just yet!

god bless.
        then he let the alpine play
        pumpin new shit by NWA
        it was gangsta gangsta at the top of the list
        then he played his own shit and it went somethin' like this
        cruisin down the beach in my jeep fo' do''
        jockin the dudes, slappin the bros
        went to the dunes to get the scoop
        knuckleheads out there cold, ticketin a dude

Comment

god bless.
          May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
          Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
            You and I already had this moment awhile ago...

http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...9&postcount=44
            <3
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

keltec sub 2000
              I'm in, now point me to where to buy one.

Comment

You might look at the Just Right Carbine, Jose.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                  I'd prefer a semi-auto just for the capacity + ease of reloading. Not that you'll need it, but if you do, it's handy. Glock 20/29 is a good call. And it's a Glock, so if you lose it in the lake, nobody cares.
                  I'm leaning more towards a stainless steel revolver right now, like the Ruger SP101. But the Glock 20/29 is right there with what I find perfect for a camp gun. Especially because of the ability to convert calibers. But I really want another revolver before a Glock unless the right deal comes along.

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  Anything but glock.

keltec sub 2000
                  Although a Keltec Sub would be a perfect Camp Carbine I'm looking into a pistol first.

Originally posted by brandon01rt View Post
                  I'm surprised no one has mentioned a Taurus judge.
                  I don't know about you guys but I really don't care to much for them.

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                  Glock 20!!!
                  Yes!

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                    http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y

In all seriousness I would look at pistols chambered in 38super, 357sig and 10mm. In revolvers I'm really fond of k frame smiths, most notably the M19.
                    The 10mm would be the only caliber of the three you mentioned that I would be interested in. All three are hard to find calibers of ammo as I typically buy at my local Walmart (I do not think I've ever seen .38 Super at any Walmart's before).

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                    Witness 10mm ftw
                    Better than the glock (trgger, looks, feel) and same power as a .357....except you have 14+ in the mag
                    Sorry but don't really care for a Witness. At least not in a camp gun.

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                    .38 snubby, or compact 1911.
                    Already have both.

Originally posted by Jester View Post
                    seriously though, a nice little short 12 gauge is my choice. will stop anything and everything in it's tracks that you may encounter while camping.
                    True and I already have one but it's not what I'm looking for. Can't really have one laying around while camping and hiking in a Texas State Park.

Originally posted by 2000 vert View Post
                    I have the rossi .357 snub made by taurus. I got it for the same reason your thinking. Cheap, reliable, and I don't have to worry about messing it up. Its my throw in backpack, roll around under the jeep seat gun. I've only had it 4 months and fired around 150 rounds through it, but so far I have been pleased. Especially at $340.
                    Ya I remember when you posted that up. I'll have to go back and check it out. Where did you buy it?

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                    I thought he meant "full size"
                    Full or compact but definitely not sub-compact.

Originally posted by David View Post
                    M1 rifle
                    Not surprised

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                    I was going to say 870. Not much out there a 12g slug won't take care of.
                    Again looking for a pistol and not a shotgun or rifle or carbine.

That might be a bit difficult to explain when a park ranger stops by.
                    Exactly. And when I went camping last weekend at Possum Kingdom State Park we had the Ranger visit us four times

Comment

Tough shit. if he decides to make an issue out of it.....well, lots of land and no one around where i normally camp.
                      State Parks are where I typically go camping. But even in a national forest or something along those lines I'd want a pistol I can keep on me and concealed.

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                      I used a g20 for camping but ended up selling it for another HKUSP 45 that was made in 95 so I don't have to use my brand new usp.
                      So you bought an old version of a gun you own so you didn't have to shoot the new one. Maybe it's me but that makes no sense. Maybe if you had some little edition/run pistol I could understand but it's just a USP.

When he refered to state parks is where a new set of issues arises. State and federal parks are frequently visited by rangers especially the camping areas.
                      Exactly. I would prefer something I could conceal. Out of sight out of mind.

god bless.
                      LOL! I could only imagine what would happen if he got caught with a gun in the wrong situation.

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                      You might look at the Just Right Carbine, Jose.
                      I had no idea what that was until now. Not what I'm looking for right now but interesting.

Comment

That might be a bit difficult to explain when a park ranger stops by.
                        Actually I would say any long gun will carry much less liability than any handgun, assuming it was open for discussion with a ranger. Especially given the possibility that anyone in the camp may actually pick it up or be in its proximity.

Grab a trapper's license for $15 for everyone to be sure though.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                          Little guy didn't stand a chance.
                          That is fucking sick!

You smoked that without sliding the label off and hanging it on the turn signal? Barbarian!

Comment

Good point about walking around with a scattergun......for some reason i was thinking you were just doing a by the lake campout....my bad.

As for pistols man, whatever feels really comfortable to you for extended periods of hiking, and also make sure it is one that you are completely comfortable with exposing to all sorts of nasty elements like mud, rain, etc. I prefer the stainless revolver like the Ruger you mentioned. Will never let you down and can take whatever you throw at it.

May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
                            Semper Fi

Comment

Jose, it depends where you are going, what state, what wildlife are you scared of?

Sometimes you need a big hog leg, other times a little .22 revolver would work. Dont forget a 17 inch machete brings fear into peoples heads as well.

Comment

Good point about walking around with a scattergun......for some reason i was thinking you were just doing a by the lake campout....my bad.

As for pistols man, whatever feels really comfortable to you for extended periods of hiking, and also make sure it is one that you are completely comfortable with exposing to all sorts of nasty elements like mud, rain, etc. I prefer the stainless revolver like the Ruger you mentioned. Will never let you down and can take whatever you throw at it.

That's why I'm leaning towards right now, a Ruger SP101.

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                                Jose, it depends where you are going, what state, what wildlife are you scared of?

Sometimes you need a big hog leg, other times a little .22 revolver would work. Dont forget a 17 inch machete brings fear into peoples heads as well.
                                Like I mentioned, mostly Texas state parks. As far as wildlife, mostly two legged but on the four legged variety just things that might be found around here (which rules out bears). I would also be concerned for any animals that are rabied, and foxes, cougars, etc.
                                Last edited by Jose; 06-12-2013, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X