CAF Wings Over Dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the info and heads up.

If I didn't have a 15mo old with me it may be worth trying...but after a 45 min drive and waiting in line to get in...he won't want to have any part of it. Also he won't kniw the difference between a Cessna and a Warbird so I can just take him to Addison to watch planes and then catch the flight museum for me.

Comment

I saw all of the planes flying around today from my office window. Watching the 4 engine bombers lumber thru the air never gets old.

....and I would love to have a ride in a F4UCorsair. I had the privilege of getting up close with a just restored one a few years ago. Completely bad ass!

Comment

I went yesterday afternoom to watch practice and it was awesome. Low passes for an hour or so. B29, B17, B24, all five B25s, A26, P51all in the air at the same time flying laps... Great show and only 100 people or so out there. No way I'm going back today to fight the crowds though

Danny, are you riding in Gunfighter next week?

Comment

Yes sir. You're welcome to join us if you haven't already had your fill of warbirds.
          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I live right by the airport and got to see the planes flying over my backyard all weekend. Wish I would have gone to the show though. Next year for sure.

Comment

Jose, I saw your house! I waved.

Comment

Neat!
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I went to Saturday's show, it was well worth the price of admission. They actually had bleacher seating that didn't cost $50 extra. I was sitting 100 feet or so from 6 B-25s idling. It was the first time they've had 6 flying in the last 23 years.

Comment

We took the kids out yesterday. Went at 10, left for lunch for a bit to cool off and came back at 2 for the Doolittle tribute and stayed for the rest of the show.

My boy was enamored with the B-29.

The trails leading into and out of the parking area were a bit rough, but it was overall a great experience.

Shame that Lt. Col. Cole couldn't be there in person.
                    G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                      Yes sir. You're welcome to join us if you haven't already had your fill of warbirds.
                      I think I'll join you. I'll shoot you a text later today.

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                        Jose, I saw your house! I waved.

Amazing pics Randy, I think you posted some on Facebook but I haven't gotten around to checking them out and responding. That middle picture, is that the bombardiers position?

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                          Amazing pics Randy, I think you posted some on Facebook but I haven't gotten around to checking them out and responding. That middle picture, is that the bombardiers position?
                          No. It is the tailgunner, you can actually stand up back there.

Comment

I thought my flight in B-17 "Nine-O-Nine" was awesome... but a fligt in FiFi totally wins.

But... you were pressurized so you missed out on this

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                              I thought my flight in B-17 "Nine-O-Nine" was awesome... but a fligt in FiFi totally wins.

But... you were pressurized so you missed out on this

They took all the pressurization out of FiFi. Pressure bulkheads are left open.

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                                They took all the pressurization out of FiFi. Pressure bulkheads are left open.
                                So that was part of the resto and not just for revenue flights?

Comment

Working...
                                X