• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks good

Comment

Thanks

#neveragain!

I have two little trim pieces to knock out and then may start tiling. I guess I am a little picky because I was showing a co-worker my pictures and she was like well let me show this bullshit. She just bought a 280k house and she was showing me all sorts of drywall jacked up. Like 2inch trim rings around toilet lines and still holes sticking out around it.

I watched 10 ways to do backerboard and no consensus. Well the board about a quarter to eighth inch off the tub lip was the most common, which I liked. I furred out and squared my back wall realizing I set the tub an 1/8th off on one end. I thought about pulling it but finally thought "This MF was held in with no silicone and some nails kind of thrown around it, kind of". Going to tape wed maybe and might get brave enough to thinset the wall and throw some water proofing on it. I figure between modern silicone products and water proofing, no way this bitch will leak. Plus, it might get used when I pay someone else to tile the master! I think I am sitting at betwen 2500 and 3000 with all the materials and tools I have bought. Only thing I don't have yet is the paint. 10k my ass.
      Last edited by kingjason; 04-02-2018, 09:54 AM.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Wanna do mine next!?!
        "PSH!!!"

Comment

I mean, this is not a race right? Sometimes I have to psyche myself up to tackle the next segment. Nothing like playing hopscotch! Man I bought the cheapest store brand tile cutter they had at Lowes. I was worried it was going to be a pain but it snapped that shit like butter. Plus the little diamond cutter on my grinder, no issues. I may actually lay it in tomorrow. Maybe. Don't pay no attention to that plug. It is not screwed in all the way. I cut that odd piece by just measuring it out so the outlet is about 1/4 off on the tub side. Came out decent but I might have to get a slightly larger outlet cover.

I started to heat the floor and put a overhead heater in (Still might do this). I feel like I might have to fight my wife during the winter months for quality bathroom time though.

Last edited by kingjason; 04-14-2018, 05:28 PM.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
            Wanna do mine next!?!
            I feel like.......your not really reading the thread good!
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Had I not hurt my damn shoulder last week, I feel like I may have been finishing up this week.

However, I am making progress. I pulled two panels over the shower area since I realized with no taper they would be harder to blend in. The 1/2 in backer board is apparently not the same as 1/2 in sheet rock. Horseshit I tell ya. Easy fix though I just bought another piece. Plus it came out better this time. Also after taping with mesh, I then realized that method likes hot mud, or mixing my own stuff. Well I pulled that down and got the paper. I also actually hung my electrical box and mounted the light solid again.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Yes the Toto is aaaaamazing. If it had a handjob mode I might not ever leave the bathroom.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

looks good man!

Comment

Thanks. And in case any one was wondering if I missed a step!

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I think, two more pieces of trim, a little door jamb paint, and I need to hang the mirror. Oh and some back splash. I bought this black toilet wax ring replacement that is supposed to let you remove and reinstall the toilet any time. That damn thing popped off the first time I pulled the toilet to work behind it. . Trying a Corky one now with no wax ring. So far so good. At least I am up and running.

PS: The Kohler works great. I had a cheat weekend last week and it swallowed a two headed python like a champ.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Looks great man...minus that weird toilet.

Comment

I use these rings. They seem to work well.

Shop Fluidmaster Better Than Wax 5.5-in Blue Rubber Toilet Gasket in the Toilet Wax Rings & Floor Seals department at Lowe's.com. Fluidmasters Better Than Wax Seal offers a simple, no mess and no leaks fix when replacing your toilet seal. The Fluidmaster 7530 Better Than Wax, Wax Free

Comment

Yeah I saw that one. What I used is similar. Funny the toilet rocked like a bitch until I cranked it down. I finished all the trim up and hung the mirror today and some misc crap. Needs some art for the wall and I will be done.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Looks awesome. You're braver than me, contractor started on my master yesterday and doing the spare next luckily hes a lot more reasonable than what you were quoted.

Comment

You know, that guy is high, but I give him credit his guys do spectacular work and show up every day until it is knocked out. My in laws love him and his guys and they re-did both baths and floors all over. Spent good money but they are not hurting for money either. I know another guy who does floors for 1.00 a square foot. He does decent work, and shows up at his leisure so you really do get what you pay for sometimes.
                                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                                X